Top end cooling off, where to next?

• So with Neymar and Pogba and Co settling in price and the purchase of 900 looking like raising futures by 1p, what's the general consensus?

Are cheaper alternatives the more appealing investment now?

With a relative small portfolio of £750 pre SS, funds may be available in the near future to double my portfolio, what do people think is the best investment going forward?

• Ousmane Dembele
    Anthony Martial
    Victor Lindelof
    Raphael Varane
    Jovic

• @PepKelly said in Top end cooling off, where to next?:

and the purchase of 900 looking like raising futures by 1p, what's the general consensus?

Flat market. Sell all, reduce FI to rubble, setup new company and run it so we all get rich quick.

• @PepKelly martial 100%

• @LeeShitHouse said in Top end cooling off, where to next?:

@PepKelly martial 100%

I really hope so. I decided to hold him and sell Sterling a month ago..

• @Lukeroro ouch 😬

• @Vespasian32 that your true opinion?? It’s definitely a worry of mine!

• @Dannybeavs I have some concerns... Just look at tonight compare to the past couple of weeks... Loads more activity, hardly any price move. The odd penny here and there since the mayhem ended at around 2/3pm.

Yeh there will still be flurry of activity on match day... But not the kind of volatility that allows for big profit in quick time.

Have to see how it goes, but yeh... I have concerns.

Pogba and Neymar dropping now so people starting to take some money out. I've taken £1k out.

• @Vespasian32 it was madness after lunch and you still saw alot of movement even if it took more shares than before to move a price but same goes for selling too which protects the investment for those holding if that makes sense. I think of course were going to see it slow down people eventually will say I'm happy with my portfolio now and stick or those selling will take some out and maybe move into other players. If you look back at old threads from two years ago people saying about "what do we expext growth wise", "shall I get rid of sterling" etc.... I can assure you those people regretted selling now. FI will probably push advertising if things "slow down" they haven't sold the S/S really and we still had new users. I think there are still so many who don't know about FI and that's only a good thing for us

• @Vespasian32 said in Top end cooling off, where to next?:

@Dannybeavs I have some concerns... Just look at tonight compare to the past couple of weeks... Loads more activity, hardly any price move. The odd penny here and there since the mayhem ended at around 2/3pm.

Yeh there will still be flurry of activity on match day... But not the kind of volatility that allows for big profit in quick time.

Have to see how it goes, but yeh... I have concerns.

Pogba and Neymar dropping now so people starting to take some money out. I've taken £1k out.

Is that not just market readjustment? We only know how it was, and what has changed, because we were here before??

We’ll say ‘it’s not like it was in the old days.’
    But new joiners will think it’s amazing, like we did when we joined.
    And at next SS there’ll be saying ‘it’s not like it was in the old days’
    Ad infinitum

• @Shippers I may be wrong... Issue I see isn't typical flat market where people aren't investing.

The activity right now is mad... But its not affecting prices enough with it taking 900 shares. Imagine how slow the gains will be when it's a genuine flat patch!

I'm only skimming off the top to take some money out while it's active... I'm leaving in £16-£17k

• @Vespasian32 i get that but people thought it was a flat market about 2 months ago then bang it went mental from then to pretty much now. At some point it will go slightly quiet but it might not be a bad thing just means people could be happy with their holdings and earning the Divs. I appreciate before today that it cost less to move the price but I only assume (could be wrong in my assumption of this) that it could go back to 100 shares or 300 shares eventually maybe especially if the market really flattens out. I think it's safe to say though even if people take money out eventually there will be the next big thing to invest in. If you're really into FI I think it's going to be hard to ever leave. It's completely different to betting and anything else and has (I feel) an edge over traditional betting as it's safer

• I agree with @Ringers , in 12 months time there will be a ton of new users saying 'I wish I'd found this sooner' just like there is now.
    The market moves in cycles, sometimes its grows at ridiculous amounts and sometimes it stays flat - remember it's these flat periods that stabilise things before further growth. If there was growth like today everyday, the market would be unsustainable and eventually fall over.
    Enjoy today, and the profits people have made, and we can look forward to the next period of growth - be that the nations league, summer transfer buzz, new season or potentially increased divs - but be patient when days stay flat. There are far too many stories of traders losing patience, selling up and regretting it a year later, and I for one don't want to miss out.

• Yeah, concerns all round but it relies on current investors sticking with it and being patient.

FI putting a lot of faith in the market to run itself and with little reward.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.