CHO Selling

• Having started for England this week....Sarri picks him- big media story. Sarri doesn’t pick him- big media story. I’m sticking with him. What do you think?

• @Le-Blanc Has all the ingredients of a future index top 3 player, already looks an international player at 18 and media friendly.
    A slight decrease was inevitable. People profit taking after a big move.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in CHO Selling:

@Le-Blanc Has all the ingredients of a future index top 3 player, already looks an international player at 18 and media friendly.
    A slight decrease was inevitable. People profit taking after a big move.

Exactly this. He was always going to boom during the England bubble that is the international break and people have cashed in. Long term he'll definitely be one of the most expensive on the index, whether he goes to Germany and is a sensation like Sancho or stays in the PL and has constant transfer rumours and becomes an England regular. No need to panic sell.

• @NewUser309471 He really boosted his reputation Monday night, his involvement was top class particularly for his age. Any switch off defensively for a young wide player is 100% standard.
    I went at in at around £3 (old money) and sold a third of them, but my confidence in him is much higher than before. He would have to have a mental blackout not to be a world class player.

• I'm a new trader so naturally the panic set in a bit when his price dropped after the big spike but initially I bought him for his long term potential so decided to keep him. And having a good first game for England has calmed me down a bit. That's a good point though about the media being on him no matter if he starts or not.

• I sold half to make sure I took the decent Cap App profit...but he had earned quite a few MB divs, so kept half as i agree i think the MB will still linger around him til the transfer/new contract...and then back to England squad for Nations League i think.

• @Westy said in CHO Selling:

I sold half to make sure I took the decent Cap App profit...but he had earned quite a few MB divs, so kept half as i agree i think the MB will still linger around him til the transfer/new contract...and then back to England squad for Nations League i think.

England will be interesting, to be fair he is an under 21 player and they have the euro’s tournamount. CHO only got in because rashford and lingard were injured.

• @Tom77 True, but i thin u21 squad will still get MB for the big names. If he starts playing a bit more, n reason why he cant get in main squad from what I've seen. I'd have over Lingard.

• I don't know why anyone would have bought CHO at £13 when for the same price you could have bought a proven commodity in Kane or Sterling - it truly baffles me! 😐

No problem with those who boarded the train early on between £3 & £10 even - but anything above that & you always had potential to get burnt. 🔥

If the price is dropping it's probably those who boarded early taking there profits out.

• I'm a holder and will hold because having seen him in action a number of times I actually believe the boy can play and potentially he could become a fixture for England (and Chelsea) over the next few years...

That said.. Having risen and risen recently and having just made his debut and first start for England before probably going back to the Chelsea bench for a week or a few... this is a GREAT time to sell at profit!!!

If that leads to a short term drop then so be it... but eventually that price will rise again because he will eventually get that league start for Chelsea and he will in my mind be in the Nations League squad for England this summer.. things should be upwards even more so from that!!!

• @dannypea he needs to get PL starts for Chelsea first - obviously, if Hazard moves on it will help his cause.

Remember, he was initially only called up to the U21s - it was injuries which resulted in his promotion.

Going forward under Southgate if England stick with the 4-3-3 formation you have to presume as captain Harry Kane is a mainstay.

The age of Sterling (24) coupled with the fact that even in his dark days during the world cup Southgate was defending him against the critics, you have to believe he is a firm favourite of the manager. 👍

That leaves one potential spot (provided the squad is at full strength) & CHO has to outperform Rashford or Sancho who are both mainstays with their club sides.

No mean feat.

• @Le-Blanc Not sure about big Media story if he doesn't start him, definitely will be if he starts and even scores.
    The media are already aware that Sarri's a plonker, why should that change just because Gareth Southgate gave him a chance, I'm in no disbelief that the attacking players for Chelsea's starting line-up will be something like Higuain, Pedro, Hazard or Willian, 3 of those for sure. But even though I don't hold, I'd love to be wrong.

• I would ride the storm so to speak. A lot of players are dropping a fair bit. Neymar and Pogba the two MB darlings have dropped 25p between them in the last 15 hours or so.
    A 18 like CHO has so much upside especially with him showing potential on the international stage before becoming a club regular.

• Given how I personally see the ability/potential of England’s players young and established alike I don’t see Rashford in this team if not this summer then in a couple of years.
    Could be badly wrong obviously.

• My only concern for CHO is that if Hazard stays and when Pullisic arrives these two will start ahead of him. At the moment i think he should be played more often alongside Hazard and Higuin but after the summer it maybe pullisic that takes the right wing

• @dannypea for me, he needs to play to make that squad. As said below, Rashford and Lindberg will come back in. Then we have Maddison pushing for a spot. I know those 3 are central / strikers, but how many wide players will he take. And if CHO barely plays for 2 months before a tournament, its a risk. Southgate could let him stay with U21s for experience.
    I'd agree about the MB though.

• @Munchie63 Do you actually think Lingard gets back in this team? If so, who in place of?

• @Munchie63 haha how did that Lingard end up a typo for Lindberg ? You got a future star you're keeping quiet about, remember I live in Sweden so I'll be on that tomoz 🤣🤣

• @Timothee-Atouba I can't see Rashford being dropped. I know what you mean, this team is evolving to have pace, dribbling and threats down the wings like Sterling, CHO, Sancho etc, but Rashford has too much about him to leave out. The penalty against PSG showed his mentality, which is something the youngsters don't have yet. Rashford can be that pacey winger, or play as 9 or 10. If Southgate prefers Sterling, CHO and/or Sancho on the flanks, Rash will replace Alli in that number 10 role behind Kane.
    They experimented before the Euros last year and Rash scored a belter from outside the box. Alli on my opinion hasn't done anything of note in an England shirt for at least 2 years.

• @Andy-M LOL

I still have horrible memories of Freddie seeing his career out at west ham.

Blame it on lack of sleep....my confusion, not Freddies lack of form.

I do think Jessie will get back in the squad. Had a good WC and likely to start each week for Utd when fit. I guess Barkley stays in now. Maybe Dier ?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.