Post Split Sell-Off

• So after an initial spike, it seems the big hitters are being sold. Was this expected and just down to people taking some profit? Intuitively speaking surely these guys are now more attractive with their lower price so should rise? After all they’re the most expensive for a reason....

• @chaps1988 its scumbags like me who piled up on the likes of Neymar and Pogba a month ago. I've sold £1100 worth of shares yesterday afternoon.

I think it was expected, its pump n dump on the larger scale.

once it settles, yes, with lower prices the idea is that the platform attracts new money and continues to grow.

We were all talking of a 4 way split several months ago however, before anyone hit £20 because the mental barrier to owning a reasonable portfolio post split was thinking a £5 max per share to be able to diversify with an initial £100 deposit.

Maybe the very top already looking expensive, but a lot of seemingly cheap players further down.

• @chaps1988

They have been repeated pumped for months now, so profit taking is highly likely if not also desirable, most are not winning significantly more divis than they were months ago when their prices were considerably lower. So it could be argued that they are no longer offering good value & indeed in some case over valued & possibly over bought.

• sold loads

• A lot of users would have had exit plans in mind for late 2018/early 2019 and then postponed them on announcement of the share split until after the initial post-split spike.

I think we are seeing 3-4 months worth of exits concentrated into a few days and it has made the smallest of dents in the market which will soon be recovered.

• I’m £20 down today not bad when I’m nearly 1k up on the week😂😂

• @Ynot_b
    similar
    £500 up on the week, £25 down on the day

• @NewUser297399
    I expected a much bigger drop with people taking profit out to be fair

• It’s the usual pattern of a spike followed by slight readjustment , nothing to worry about.

• @Vespasian32 said in Post Split Sell-Off:

@chaps1988 its scumbags like me who piled up on the likes of Neymar and Pogba a month ago. I've sold £1100 worth of shares yesterday afternoon.

I think it was expected, its pump n dump on the larger scale.

once it settles, yes, with lower prices the idea is that the platform attracts new money and continues to grow.

We were all talking of a 4 way split several months ago however, before anyone hit £20 because the mental barrier to owning a reasonable portfolio post split was thinking a £5 max per share to be able to diversify with an initial £100 deposit.

Maybe the very top already looking expensive, but a lot of seemingly cheap players further down.

Did you sell to market ? Because that wouldn't change anything mate, it's obviously people that have put in the queue, once the games return and the goals start flying in then all those sales will be either cancelled or bought, it's never fun the day after a spike, but absolutely nothing to worry about @chaps1988

• @Andy-M Yeah sold to market - it still has an effect, mine got bought but total net movements are affected.

Looking at activity, a fair number also sold by IS (but I guess they got in way before me and had the luxury of not worrying about the spread).

• I sold some the night before ss and bought 2k worth of ipd players

• @Ynot_b said in Post Split Sell-Off:

I sold some the night before ss and bought 2k worth of ipd players

But that's irrelevant to this thread mate, it's reflecting on post share split, interesting to see how different ppl used their strategies, guessing u also sold on market ?

• Losing about £10 every 15-30 mins now... The sell off is ramping up.

Hopefully people building a balance ready for match days

• @Andy-M

Yes sold to market,obviously CHO and pogba(ones I sold)went up but made more %wise from the ipd players.

Port is just about staying even.

• My portfolio has seen it dropping every time I refreshed haha. It hasn't been dropping at the rate that it rose though. I was half expecting this so I'm willling to ride it out. I'm just waiting for more money to go into the decent IPD players that I bought over the last month to balance it out. Plus, I believe the big hitters will rise again in the long-term.

• Its likely its people reducing their mb numbers now the international break is nearing its end and moving to pb players

• @Black-wolf As Stamford says, it's the most predictable dividend to win so I'll be keeping hold of MB players plus you can win everyday. I've already got my portfolio set up for both anyway. It should all balance out within hte next few days :)

• All very strange, when will the big boys rise again?

• @LarryDuffman yeah me too i love my portfolio now it feels complete. Mostly mb and the big players just less futures so only bringing in between 50p and £1.50 per dividend but should win that most days of the week so im sticking with what ive got and happy to do so