The brain is a very strange organ 不不

• I'm guessing I'm not alone here, my portfolio had risen about 4k since the 21st march, think it's gone down 瞿350 since the absolute peak yesterday afternoon, yet it's still bothering me, it's absolutely ludicrous, I'm trying not to look because even if it dropped 瞿650 more then I'm still 3k up in less than a week, is there a button to switch the brain off till Saturday 丹領儭

• Agree with this, big increase yesterday but when ever I refresh every couple of hours if falls about 0.05 % . and even that is annoying me! Roll on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

• Another 瞿10 in 5 mins...

• May be a good time to try out a 24 or 48 hour timeout via the responsible gaming feature.

The market is going to continue to drop off until Friday morning I think and it will be a pretty bleak few days.

I've used it a few times previously ahead of anticipated portfolio drop-offs.

• @Chris-J naaaa I'm fine, was very anticipated, it's just funny how the brain works mate, cheers for the tip though

• @Andy-M said in The brain is a very strange organ 不不:

I'm guessing I'm not alone here, my portfolio had risen about 4k since the 21st march, think it's gone down 瞿350 since the absolute peak yesterday afternoon, yet it's still bothering me, it's absolutely ludicrous, I'm trying not to look because even if it dropped 瞿650 more then I'm still 3k up in less than a week, is there a button to switch the brain off till Saturday 丹領儭

Apparently the human brain fears a loss more than it feels good about the prospect of a win.

Sam Freedman spoke about this on the FIG podcast, worth a listen.

• It's like the guy on the podcast said (can't remember his name, sorry) We process positives as only being half as good as losses are seen negatively. Because of that I've been trying to see it like you @Andy-M and ride out the current losses.

• @Yellow Ahh, yes, didn't see your post, exactly that.

• @Andy-M We're all very much in the same boat mate. I went up 瞿25 yesterday, but down 瞿8 odd today. Just ride the storm wave's Andy :)

• @Yellow said in The brain is a very strange organ 不不:

@Andy-M said in The brain is a very strange organ 不不:

I'm guessing I'm not alone here, my portfolio had risen about 4k since the 21st march, think it's gone down 瞿350 since the absolute peak yesterday afternoon, yet it's still bothering me, it's absolutely ludicrous, I'm trying not to look because even if it dropped 瞿650 more then I'm still 3k up in less than a week, is there a button to switch the brain off till Saturday 丹領儭

Apparently the human brain fears a loss more than it feels good about the prospect of a win.

Sam Freedman spoke about this on the FIG podcast, worth a listen.

Actually listened to that, just completely forgot, if i recall correctly that was the fear of selling at a loss, very good show, and very intelligent man

• @Andy-M @Yellow Yes, very good episode of the Fig podcast. I believe the reference was from a psychologist called Kahneman. I've been meaning to read his book 'Thinking Fast and Slow'. Has anyone read?

• @Metropolis said in The brain is a very strange organ 不不:

@Andy-M @Yellow Yes, very good episode of the Fig podcast. I believe the reference was from a psychologist called Kahneman. I've been meaning to read his book 'Thinking Fast and Slow'. Has anyone read?

I actually ordered it earlier today! Will let you know if it's any good or not

• @Metropolis Fantastic read mate, a psychology graduate, probably the only book I had actually bought whilst at uni! Bloke's got some youtube stuff as well which is pretty fascinating.

• @NewUser38643 @Yellow Thanks both. I may buy over the weekend. I've heard it drags a little in the middle but worth sticking with it as very insightful.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.