Where do we go from here??

• Hey all

Now the split has happened where does the index go from here....Obviously the aim with the SS was to attract new investors by reducing share prices but how do they keep existing traders happy as well? The new dividend table is a great start but I've noticed from other threads that some traders are still not happy and a little confused with the future of trading....

Apparently there is an announcement in April which could make things interesting, does anyone know what that is??

Are there any new countries being allowed for trading?

I think most traders would agree that introducing the Portugiese and Dutch leagues into PB days would make a big impact on trading....

Any other thoughts then let hear them.

Cheers

AndyP

• Down to the lake i fear

• @AndyP32 said in Where do we go from here??:

I think most traders would agree that introducing the Portugiese and Dutch leagues into PB days would make a big impact on trading....

The top leagues are based on how many times that they've won the European Cup/Champions League. For Portugal it was Porto in 1987 and 2004. Before that, 1961 and 1962 with Benfica.

The Dutch league: Ajax won it 3 times in the 1970s, and once in 1995. FI look at stats before making decisions.

• @Londoner I hate to be a party pooper but PSV have also won the European Cup & Feyenoord too.

France only have the 1 sole winner - Marseille.

So, the criteria can't be based on this. 👍

• @Ericali thanks for stepping into the ring but you better get your gloves on cause this fight could get nasty 😉

• @AndyP32 said in Where do we go from here??:

@Ericali thanks for stepping into the ring but you better get your gloves on cause this fight could get nasty 😉

Where.... Who? 😉🥊🥊

• @Ericali said in Where do we go from here??:

@Londoner I hate to be a party pooper but PSV have also won the European Cup & Feyenoord too.

France only have the 1 sole winner - Marseille.

So, the criteria can't be based on this. 👍

Yes, you're right, I hadn't realised. Though these were 1988 and 1970 respectively. CL record is definitely a factor, but not the only one. The record of the national team appears to be considered. France has won the WC and European Championship, but Holland only has the 1988 European Championship.

Come to think of it, maybe the Dutch league should replace the French as a top five league. Maybe it's political!

• We don't need to even consider this because it's not going to be anything to do with new leagues, it's already stated that it's media related, expect extra positions or raised payouts during the off season period.

And my opinion if those countries ever join is absolute disaster, imagine the sell offs of top players to jump on to the Dutch players scoring there silly 40 goals a season, winning games 8-0, no thanks.

• @Andy-M said in Where do we go from here??:

We don't need to even consider this because it's not going to be anything to do with new leagues, it's already stated that it's media related, expect extra positions or raised payouts during the off season period.

And my opinion if those countries ever join is absolute disaster, imagine the sell offs of top players to jump on to the Dutch players scoring there silly 40 goals a season, winning games 8-0, no thanks.

You mean like Mbappe and Neymar at PSG?

• @Londoner The top European leagues are officially determined by the UEFA coefficient rankings.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Where do we go from here??:

@Andy-M said in Where do we go from here??:

We don't need to even consider this because it's not going to be anything to do with new leagues, it's already stated that it's media related, expect extra positions or raised payouts during the off season period.

You mean like Mbappe and Neymar at PSG?

No, I'm aware there's a few players like, Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe and Neymar that can bang in a lot of goals, but I'm referring to the every tom dick n harry that plays for PSV, AJAX n so on, the Dutch and Portuguese leagues are far worse than France.

• I've always been up for opening a couple more PB comps (maybe start with internationals & domestic cups before new leagues) but on where I go from here... I'm playing the waiting game as I watch my divs come in and (hopefully) my portfolio continues to grow... this is surely not the ideal tactic as FI need traders trading... But until i fully understand how the new market works i'm not prepared to tinker with my portfolio too much... so maybe having a dust settling period (with the exception of them announcing the Nations League finals as a IPD comp) will help the market grow naturally in its own way!!! The more its tinkered with, the more volatile it will be... but perhaps that's what FI want?

• @dannypea they certainly want volatility but they aren't going to get it. Stagnant period ahead. I plan to sit tight too.

• An idea @Westy ran by me... Merchandise!

Perhaps they should use us current investors as a marketing campaign and send us all free merchandise?!

I'd happily wear a t-shirt "I joined this ponze scheme to get rich quick and all I won was this louzy t-shirt #FI"

• @Hotspur said in Where do we go from here??:

@dannypea they certainly want volatility but they aren't going to get it. Stagnant period ahead. I plan to sit tight too.

The summer is normally the most volatile period in FI. A time when grown men cry, laugh, cheer and then accept bankruptcy upon the news their player is moving to china instead of united

• @mike778
    Sidebar- how you getting on with the app?

I still get booted off and warned about being in a foreign country every time I use certain WiFi (I. E. Hotel) to connect. But fine if I switch to 4G.

Pretty confusing question if it wasn't you that raised the issue a couple of days ago lol

• tbf if i got a free pen through the post i would happily bang another grand in!!!

• turn customers into advertising at minimal cost...referral links fine...but a hoody worn to a football crowd will catch interest of people you can't send a referral link to.

Talksport is ok, but they need a tv ad that explains the wins you can get...explain the dividends and how they beat the bank.

• @Andy-M psg won a league game 9-0 this season

• @Jad1982 said in Where do we go from here??:

@Andy-M psg won a league game 9-0 this season

Oh c'mon mate, you know exactly what I'm talking about, should we pull up every huge score ? Barca best Huesca 8-2, I'm not looking for the odd big score.
    The dutch and Portuguese leagues are a joke and you know that.