OGS - Full Time

• Solskjær is officially Man Utd’s full time manager on a 3yr deal. What impact do we expect this to have on existing players and potential transfers?

• To me it looks like he likes a very fast paced game and will look for players that can continue that flow, and equally phase out players that slow the speed of the game down.

Think this is the end of the road for Sanchez and Mata.

• He was always going to get the job so can't see much effect on the market - CB and RB still priority.

• Now we know OGS has got the job. Next thing is Mancheter United to back him the summer. We know what sytle of play United are going with now. So we can take educated guesses on what players United will target this summer.

• if they were away this weekend on that news i would be backing them to get beat... Should get at least a draw v Watford at home though... But thoroughly deserved for Ole!! I was skeptical at first... lets face it he's not got the CV of Mourinho but what he's done is got United playing the United way and has galvanised the squad, the fans, the community and i think that's brilliant for the football club. I just hope he gets time and they back him during any lean spells as they do whilst things are going relatively well!!!

• How much of a impact do people think getting and not getting UCL next season will have on the prices of the current players and the type of transfers United will be able to get in?

• @Misto said in OGS - Full Time:

How much of a impact do people think getting and not getting UCL next season will have on the prices of the current players and the type of transfers United will be able to get in?

Don’t think it’ll have much of an impact on either. I think fans, media and players generally see them as a team transitioning, obviously with huge financial muscle.

How much of a impact do people think getting and not getting UCL next season will have on the prices of the current players and the type of transfers United will be able to get in?

No CL would be good for fringe and youth players who would be more likely to get game time in the Europa League - I think Lukaku would score tonnes in the Europa too.

Transfer wise I'm not sure - In terms of big names, the Bale ship sailed a couple of seasons ago so can't see us (or anyone) forking out 80mil on him now and his agent has said he has no desire to leave Madrid. There is always 2 or 3 big name summer transfer sagas regardless of CL qualification but other than Bale I can't see who we will be linked with.

• I think the usual impact of a price fall when a team is knocked out of the UCL will happen.. so whether it be QF, SF or final (even for the winners) you'll see a drop off on certain players the day after of their games.. that will then slowly pick up and in the new season it will rise again but depending on what competition United are in that may or may not effect some players values depending on form and hype...?

I think the approach of being too worried about United being in the UCL is a little too cautious though? One of the biggest climbers this year has been Callum Hudson Odoi who isn't even in the Champions League.. whilst Neymar still heads the way whilst not playing for the last two months and PSG knocked out of Europe. I think rather than 'team' based investing you need to look at the individuals who will benefit from each circumstance?

Generally speaking I think not qualifying for UCL will make very little impact to their transfer targets. They are a media juggernaut with huge financial power so most players will forgo the UCL (for a season) to play for them.
    However I do think it would hinder them in signing the top 2% of players. Any high demand player that has the choice between Man Utd or Real will then take UCL into consideration. I do think it would stop them signing Varne, although I think the only CB they will sign is Alderweireld regardless of which competition they qualify for.

As for their FI prices I do think it will make and impact, fringe players will likely rise whilst the top players may see a dip. As seen with other English clubs, they tend to rest the stars during Europa league and use there squad more.

• Christ, I hope this potential benefit for fringe players doesn't mean more people will start thinking Greenwood is good value!

Personally I hope they go for a youngster to replace Sanchez - CHO and Sancho are obvious media friendly targets right now, but there must be others who fit the bill too?