900 for 1 p will not work

• to buy 900 to go up 1 p will not work it will kill f i because no growth will get people to with draw and leave

• @NewUser130968 i believe they know what they do but still need to improve marketing a lot

• This post is deleted!

• @NewUser130968

People here usually don't accept any criticism towards football index. The forum is mainly all yes men. I think it may work this time just about, but not sure about the time after. Keep doing share splits and diluting shares is not a viable future.

In the end you end up that a new user needs like 10k shares in for a solid dividend winner (30 or 40k investment).

Even if they buy only youths it would still be tough to acquire 10k shares in a single youth (10 to 20k investment) and hope they win dividends some day.

There is only so many share splits and dilutions you can do before you end up with worthless shares for new customers joining. And if you don't share split, price of shares go up too high for new users to buy. There is no easy solution.

• 0_1553844676397_upload-0a85a392-cdb5-4fc8-8276-e5579c35e2a7

• @NewUser130968 as I said to @NeverWin on the last, very similar but now deleted thread, think about your audience. The forum isn't yes men as he/she suggests, but it is people who are invested in, and positively interact with the platform. A short sharp negative statement isn't the best way to get positive responses, it just looks like you're telling everyone you think the platform they have invested in is rubbish. Ask a question, prompt a debate - coming in saying 'this is shit' and walking off is bound to get traders being defensive.

It would be very shortsighted and naive to think every trader will be happy with everything, but judging from history FI will react if there are doubts and drops.
    If divs stay as they are and players increase in value, will it still give the same returns for All traders (not just new ones)? No. Would anyone want to spend £20 on a player to get a penny or two back? Definitely not! The points you make are valid in that that situation would not be appealing, but there are two counter arguments that can be made very easily.

1. This platform isn't just about dividends. Traders have made more from Sancho and CHO this year for example due to their rises, so capital growth needs to be factored in. 1p for a £20 share is a crap return, but buying that player at a fiver means you've got 4x return straight away. Any trader, new or old, can invest in a player who rises, and that won't change. Look for the next ones to make a splash, sit back and watch your investment grow.
    2. Will FI sit back and just watch a hugely profitable platform dwindle away? No, they will make changes and keep it sustainable and attractive to users, new and old. If they don't, you're both right. Everyone will leave and probably join a rival platform who will have seen this opportunity and set up their own.

To make this a productive thread, I'd like to hear both you and @NeverWin's thoughts. You've both identified that divs and 900/1p won't be attractive at a certain point. When do you think that will be? Do you have longer term strategies for overcoming this, if so, what are they? Or are you both looking to shut up shop, sell off and head off?

• @NeverWin said in 900 for 1 p will not work:

@NewUser130968

People here usually don't accept any criticism towards football index. The forum is mainly all yes men. I think it may work this time just about, but not sure about the time after. Keep doing share splits and diluting shares is not a viable future.

In the end you end up that a new user needs like 10k shares in for a solid dividend winner (30 or 40k investment).

Even if they buy only youths it would still be tough to acquire 10k shares in a single youth (10 to 20k investment) and hope they win dividends some day.

There is only so many share splits and dilutions you can do before you end up with worthless shares for new customers joining. And if you don't share split, price of shares go up too high for new users to buy. There is no easy solution.

Constructive criticism is welcome and indeed none of us have shied away from starting threads and discussing some of the issues with the platform. The difference is we accept these issues as teething problems and suggest ways things can be improved.

You two have done nothing but make sweeping, negative generalisations with no evidence of your thought process. And then when challenged on it, you’ve simply repeated the same points (before eventually deleting the thread in the earlier case).

• Over the last week we have seen a lot of debate about it needing 900 shares to increase a price by 1p. The main argument against seems to be that price movements will be slower and this will discourage new investors due to the psychological impact of not seeing price rises.

I agree with the theory, however I think we all need to give the platform some time as no one is really sure what it is going to be like now the share split has happened.

I was worried about the lack of movement, but in the last few days I have seen an increase of 0.5%. This is after the huge rises we saw during the split. Now 0.5% might not sound much, but if I made this every week that will be at least 20% in year, which seems pretty good to me.

Maybe I have just been lucky at the moment and the market is flat (not that unexpected considering the amount of money that has recently been pumped in). If the market remained flat for a month, then I would say we have a problem. However as @gregf pointed out, if the market it flat I'm sure FI will try their very best to stimulate the market. Only when this happens and they fail to stimulate the market, will I start to worry about the platform.

In short I think we just all need to give the platform a bit of time before making any hasty conclusions about what will and wont work.

• Perhaps I'm playing devils advocate here but if it is a 900/1p mechanism, which it does seem to be, does this not also insure the investor somewhat against huge drops?

After the SS surge, the next couple of days saw the expected profit-taking and sell-offs which hit everyone I'm sure. But the bleeding stopped. The volatility isn't there like it was pre-SS and that COMFORTS ME 😊.

From what I gather, the new mechanics plays into the hands of the long term investor, whilst the IPD's still provide that instant thrill for the "gambler". EVERYBODY WINS.

• @ScouseSte yeh certainly will suit some people.

Less volatility = less risk... This will appeal to a certain type of investor but not all.

@Weggers83 is right tho, I'm one of the big talkers that I think the psychological effect will be negative, but I ain't going anywhere... Its time to sit back and watch in unfold and make further judgements in a couple of months.

Even for a safe market it should outperform most simple investment opportunities.

• I dont know about everyone else but yes there was a drop off after the big growth on the first day, second day was a bit flat but those 2 days since then and this morning im still seeing decent growth of about 0.4% per day which is still pretty good just seems low compared to the crazy growth in the last 4months

• I am pretty sure the reason @NeverWin deleted that last thread ,was because he never followed my subtle Ryan Gravenberch pump and he has just logged in today and seen his price.

0_1553852012655_upload-5bb4f8f9-3f6c-49af-a08b-88cbf772bf72

• @Black-wolf
    I’m the same after the big gains I had one day of a small loss 0.25%,last 2 days I’ve seen a gain of 1.4. %. This may be because I have chosen to gamble a little more of my port on ipd but that’s my choice to gamble a bit more for bigger gains,there are safe ways to get small returns and riskier was to gain bigger returns it’s the same in any gambling/investing.

• @Black-wolf said in 900 for 1 p will not work:

I dont know about everyone else but yes there was a drop off after the big growth on the first day, second day was a bit flat but those 2 days since then and this morning im still seeing decent growth of about 0.4% per day which is still pretty good just seems low compared to the crazy growth in the last 4months

I think what we also forget is, despite the lack of movement in the market currently, 3 lots of dividends have been paid out daily for the past 2 weeks nearly!
    Even in a supposed "stagnant" phase, we are all still earning very well (if we have a balanced portfolio of course 😎).

I don't know about everyone else but I'm absolutely loving everything about the share split...from the way it was communicated, then implemented, and how the changes have slightly brought focus back to the long-term investor (which is essentially the FI USP!). Yet the rises in IPD divs compensates the "quick fix" investor/gambler - I'm now seeing today some rises in my "PB" players, why tell me the IPD money is being pumped in now.

Everything is gonna work out just fine. Seriously 👌🏻

• @ScouseSte me too im happier and have more confidence in longevity of the product than ever before. I benefited well from the youth boom but have since changed to mainly holding as many dividend earners as possible (some of which turned out to be those youths) and its been working great im confident that i can now sit in for the longterm with very little trading

• @Black-wolf said in 900 for 1 p will not work:

@ScouseSte me too im happier and have more confidence in longevity of the product than ever before. I benefited well from the youth boom but have since changed to mainly holding as many dividend earners as possible (some of which turned out to be those youths) and its been working great im confident that i can now sit in for the longterm with very little trading

Exactly mate. Sit back, relax, let those good investments bring home the dollars and every 30 days or so, cull the the IPD holds and buy some others (yknow, just to keep the interest 😜)

• People are already worried about a flat index after, what, 3 days? The whole of Feb was flat! And massive rises tend to be followed by a consolidation period- I bet most people worrying now made a LOT of money early this week. The adjustments are healthy, and it is starting to get busy again now.

The 900 to 1 does seem a lot, but the prices are a lot cheaper - and when the rises happen, the jump is higher (especially if you've held shares since before the split). I'm not noticing much difference myself. If it helps mute the crazy volatility on match weekends, then I'm all for it (I'm not someone who goes for IPDs). Also it seems to be helping stop the pumpers and dumpers.

• People need to be a little more realistic, the market is a baby. Wait until it becomes a toddler then teenager and adult. As more and more people join we will all make money. There will be a huge marketing push over the summer and a Lot of traders will join pushing all prices up.

Last year there was crazy growth over a 12 month period but that came with months of stagnation and months of boom. It’s a market, what do people expect?

You are all in early on a product which could be massive. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

• @TheSleepingGiant haha ,He is doing well. But i think like alot of people our money is tied up alot :) Althgouh i'd worry about if you can resell him easy long term.
    No i deleted because it was getting too negative and I am here to make money like everyone else. I want the product to succeed.

• This post is deleted!