So who’s happy with FI still

• I am but can’t help thinking some are not and this maybe not for them

• I am, and the market will pick back up again when there are games back on this weekend

• Im happier than iv ever been with it

• @Mazza-magic don't understand how people can't be, FI have protected our investment short term, allowed for steady profits and a better dividend return. Some news to come regarding Media Buzz which sounds promising. Any trader should never expect instant success and the term "flat market" gets thrown around to easily

• I’m cheery!

• I'm delighted, astounded, controllably pleased with myself and with the whole bloody thing really...

Doesn't stop me coming on here for a moan every once in a while but in reality... 100% + profit on investment how can you not be happy? I still get days thinking... HOW is seemingly 'everybody' making money but when you read the stats that were out today on twitter then you can see the sort of money thrown into the platform... Its revolutionised my betting culture and reinvigorated my taste for the top five leagues in Europe.. I love it.. can't get enough... but should my portfolio drop by £10 i'll be straight on the phone!!!! ;-)

• Surely the question should be "who is NOT happy with FI? " as I imagine it will be very low numbers and I'd be fascinated to hear the reasons

• I dont know anybody that is unhappy with it. I am loving it.

• @ScouseSte Short term yes. Long term stability is not certain. Because you can't keep splitting forever. You would run out of customers, and shares would be diluted too much compared to dividend returns. And if you don't split prices get too high for new customers. Its a vicious circle long term.

• I'm really enjoying it, and like most people on here I just wish I'd joined sooner!

However, to offer a different opinion, I have spoken to many of my mates (convincing them to sign up and give it a go) and not a single one of them has fallen in love with the platform. The reason they give is that it 'takes too long' for any meaningful profits and they get their thrills from £5 accumulators of which they NEVER win hahaha. Each to their own I guess!

• @TomIrving said in So who’s happy with FI still:

I'm really enjoying it, and like most people on here I just wish I'd joined sooner!

However, to offer a different opinion, I have spoken to many of my mates (convincing them to sign up and give it a go) and not a single one of them has fallen in love with the platform. The reason they give is that it 'takes too long' for any meaningful profits and they get their thrills from £5 accumulators of which they NEVER win hahaha. Each to their own I guess!

Same thing happened with my mates, but none of them are smart savers. They are gamblers, pure and simple. Even if you said "you could have up to 50% ROI in a year" they'd still be like "that's like betting on a horse that's only 1/2 in the betting! I'd rather lump it all on an even money shot and see what happens!"
    FI is unique and I am absolutely certain it will not appear to the masses like Paddy Power, Ladbrokes etc. but that doesn't mean it can't grow and be hugely successful.
    Like minded people such as ourselves exist all over the world so it is likely that FI will branch out to Europe and possibly the USA to capture the business of other investment-minded sport fans.

• I still see this as stocks and shares rather than betting in the traditional sport sense.

It is never gonna give the instant buzz that you get from betting, and I struggled at first (signed up in August or something and came back in December). Especially as I can make higher profits long term from betting than is likely here.

That said, now I have a fairly decent portfolio size (£1.5k) there is more of a buzz and more of a chance of matching my sports betting profits.

The problem is, joining with £20-100 is near pointless (I am currently doing a £10 challenge and am 27p up), you need a bigger port to make a dent. And people wont tend to put in decent money until they know what they are doing.

I feel FI will get hundreds and hundreds of unique users but the % that remain will be far lower than traditional bookies. Which is why they will need to open up to new countries. I don't feel there is the market just for the UK. My gamble is that they will open up new countries to play on here and the market will fly again, but if they don't, they could be in trouble.

• All good here... Thanks for checking

• Happily taking some profit now - seems as good as time as any post-SS windfall and future uncertainties. Will invest more if there's a decent incentive e.g. big marketing push, deposit bonus or lucrative April media announcement.

• The Ferret is happy with his lot

• As a miserable sod I'm not happy with many things in life, but FI is a lovely alternative to the high street bookie!

• When will people realise deposit bonuses are bad.

It means enough cash isn't moving through the product on a day-to-day or week-by-week basis, so they have to try & flush some new money into the platform by offering an incentive (deposit bonus) to encourage a new flow of cash.

Deposit bonus' should be for new sign ups only, something like they will match your first deposit up to £200.

Deposit bonuses signal alarm bells in my mind 😐

• @Ericali didn't say they were good. Saying I would take advantage, particularly if they do the free money one again, which seems unlikely anyway.

• @Ericali

That's an interesting way of looking at things.

I've gotta tell you though, gambling products are constantly offering incentives to attract people and given the unique way we all profit from more money being invested, I hope they run as many promotions as needed.