IPD tips!

• With the season coming to a close and the IPD dividends getting a big boost I've decided to invest in a handful of good IPD picks. Below are my choices based off goals/assists and price on the index.

alt text

Who are your IPD tips to do well for the remainder of the season?

• Very nice pick-up there with Kostic (must have been you who had me chuffed earlier). Possibly has the easiest month ahead along with 2 EL games. Another you could possibly take a look at would be Jaime Mata. Won't get too much into them but a solid 13 goals & 6 assists so far in La Liga. Wout Weghorst maybe? Again, just picks that you could look further into :)

• @AbuOG

Am I the only one considering we're screwing ourselves by tipping for IPD's ?

Yes we see appreciation.
    However the potential for long term dividend revenue depreciates in turn.
    Honestly I haven't done those sums.

It's fair to say that each of you has done your research.
    For that you deserve your rewards.

Is it possible those rewards will be significantly less tangible if we keep offering freebies, to those who may not do any research at all ?
    Is the appreciation worthwhile ?

Genuine question.
    Still undecided as to how often to buy/sell.

• @AbuOG

Each of my three tips won a dividend last night (Dubois, Terrier and Kramaric (x2)).

No points on the board, but the port is in overdrive.
    Not suggesting it's down to our tips at all.
    I have a figure for each of these players, it's data based.

What happens when we reach these prices.
    Should we reach them too soon...I fear we force FI to move the goal posts once again.
    We can each have confidence in our own ability to transition quickly, but in doing so we continue to make more work for ourselves no ?

Honestly this all has me in such a pickle.
    The ethics, the dilemma, the perspective of FI and recent mentionings of the words "market manipulation".

I had been tempted to close the tipsters thread, but I'm keen to hear your thoughts.
    Prior to the S/S you were the guy dropping these good tips, now I'm seeing more and more of what should perhaps be "hidden gems" ?

It's easy to say : "We win either way"
    However we have a responsibility and a duty to consider the long term health and viability of the platform.
    If FI loses...."We lose either way".

• @C-Arroyo I hear you. I have always had these concerns about ipds and it seems FI are moving more and more this way as it increases trade.
    It means a more diverse portfolio as some decent players won't get to full appreciation due to big sell offs after a goal or 2.

• I honestly don't get the mechanics behind IPD's and how you profit by them now. Say i'm picking a player for example muriel for flipping. You buy 100 shares at 44p on the basis he scores goals as his pb isn't going to get you returns. He scores a goal/if he scores, which returns you £1 then his value isn't increasing like before, being 900 to the 1p. Will his value increase enough to get an instant flip sell profit? How many goals does a player have to score within a 30 day period for you to return a profit.

• @John-D Good question. Best answer would be to wait and watch, and read feedback here after this weekend's games.

• Added Duvan to the mix, Atalanta play tommorrow morning.

alt text

• @C-Arroyo said in IPD tips!:

@AbuOG

Am I the only one considering we're screwing ourselves by tipping for IPD's ?

Yes we see appreciation.
    However the potential for long term dividend revenue depreciates in turn.
    Honestly I haven't done those sums.

It's fair to say that each of you has done your research.
    For that you deserve your rewards.

Is it possible those rewards will be significantly less tangible if we keep offering freebies, to those who may not do any research at all ?
    Is the appreciation worthwhile ?

Genuine question.
    Still undecided as to how often to buy/sell.

I think it's very unlikely anyone is tipping out of the goodness of their heart, they are almost certainly tipping for capital app. And to allow them to market sell.

Regarding IPD a lot depends on whether you can get capital app and can market sell. If you can't then the gains are so so small that it's probably not worth the trouble.

• @John-D said in IPD tips!:

I honestly don't get the mechanics behind IPD's and how you profit by them now. Say i'm picking a player for example muriel for flipping. You buy 100 shares at 44p on the basis he scores goals as his pb isn't going to get you returns. He scores a goal/if he scores, which returns you £1 then his value isn't increasing like before, being 900 to the 1p. Will his value increase enough to get an instant flip sell profit? How many goals does a player have to score within a 30 day period for you to return a profit.

Well for a 50p player then each goal will return about 2 percent which covers commission so you would need 2 goals to make a profit. As per previous post, it depends whether you can market sell. I would be wary of being left with someone you can't get rid of.

• @mike778

There's unquestionably some folk who are on the forums, specifically to promote their players but I think some folk with friendlier motives.

• @Sacred said in IPD tips!:

Added Duvan to the mix, Atalanta play tommorrow morning.

alt text

2 goals and top forward as it stands nice buy, also up 8p per share

• @Dan-The-Man said in IPD tips!:

@mike778

There's unquestionably some folk who are on the forums, specifically to promote their players but I think some folk with friendlier motives.

@Dan-The-Man said in IPD tips!:

@mike778

@Dan-The-Man said in IPD tips!:

@mike778

There aren't many trying to rip people off and most tips are genuine where someone has found someone under valued.

But ... the only rational reason to give away your edge is to make money doing so.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It's different from a pump and dump.

• Is it worth buying players as they score if they are cheap enough and they get a quick jump in value. For example a 20p player scores today so you buy and get the IPD - that works out at 5% return. If you sell at 20p too and taking off 20% commission, you are still in money and have the additional games within 30 days to perhaps score more.

Or am i missing some logic here?

• @Abaalan well they would need to score before 2pm for the futures to be valid for the IPDs, so that limits the amount of games/players etc. also you would have to be very quick, in terms of any capital appreciation the goal will be priced in almost instantly

• @NewUser11741 Thought that the 2pm deadline was just for MB/PB on the same day. I was under the impression IPD counted if you bought anytime before midnight on the day?

• @NewUser11741 said in IPD tips!:

@Abaalan well they would need to score before 2pm for the futures to be valid for the IPDs, so that limits the amount of games/players etc. also you would have to be very quick, in terms of any capital appreciation the goal will be priced in almost instantly

This is NOT correct - please ignore. You can buy the shares at any time and benefit from the IPDs

It is only MB and PB dividends that the 2pm deadline applies to

• @Abaalan I don't think you still get dividends If you sell the share so if you sell then you no longer have the 30 days for the player to score more

• @Coleyscrooge This was how i understood it. I wouldnt be selling same day....would be holding for the 30 days then selling. E.g. J. Morales @ Levante - 1 goal, 1 assist today = 2p IPD. Only costs 32p, which equals 6.25% with another 7 games to play within the next 30 days....

• Followed IndexSharp advice https://indexsharp.co.uk/in-play-dividends-2/?fbclid=IwAR24mRDV2tnmgKlV_seQJt2AMpr_6MKllgP-fM9g-Mk_RaV1L78GlNbbKs0
    I bought
    Andy Delort (£0.43) – Montpellier
    The Frenchman has contributed 17 total goals this season for Montpellier. With 10 goals and 7 assists, he has shown that he has the ability to both score and create.

Montpellier have 5 games next month; 3 home games and 2 away games. Their next 2 home games are against sides who have conceded 51 and 43 league goals respectively, and are both sat in the bottom half of the table.

His form is impressive with 3 goals and 3 assist in his last 6 outings. He will be hoping to add to his recent tally in the fixtures to come.

Karl Toko Ekambi (£0.43) – Villareal
    The Cameroon forward has been involved in a total of 15 goals this season, with the forward being especially impressive in europe.

In the Europa League, he has amassed 3 goals and 4 assists in just 7 appearances. With a further 2 games against Valencia in the Quarter-Finals, he will be looking to add to this tally.

His last 2 league appearances have resulted in 3 goals and an assist. Factor in the 8 games that Villareal have next month, and you have an in-form forward that needs just 2 goals to return nearly 5% through in-play dividends.

Azpilicueta (scored today and very good fixures ahead for clean sheet/ 6 games in a month/populate team Chelsea so more attention to their games)

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.