Does Share Split reset the 3 year expiry rule?

• Hello Indexers. I have a question to ask all of you.
    Excuse me if this was answered during the Share Split week as there were a lot of posts to go through.

On my transactions list on the day of the Share Split, it showed clearly the shares and value of all players that had been split and according value totalled after being divided by 3.

Does this mean that the 3 year expiry date for each share owned, has been reset to day 1 from that date I owned those players or not?

• Id say not but i have wondered this myself... im sure someone will have rang or emailed them and asked!

• @Clover not at all id say

• What happens when the 3 years are up? Do your futures become worthless or are you paid out at the price they are when they expire?

• @Chickenman if you let the 3 years expire, they're worthless. It is down to you, not FI, to know when you bought your shares/placed your bet, and take steps to either sell these shares before that expiry date and use your money to buy shares in a new player, or sell and re-buy in order to reset the 3 year timer.

From the Rules = A Share lasts for three (3) years from the date you place the Bet (the ‘Share Period’). Upon the expiry of the Share Period, the Bet will expire – meaning that you will lose your stake and the right to participate in any Dividend. In advance of the Share Period expiration, it is open to you to take steps to sell the Share via the Website and/or the App and buy new Shares in the same footballer. This will result in ‘resetting’ the Share Period associated with the new Shares in that footballer.

• @LukeMalla I thought as much. Good job I've made a note of all my purchases. Cheers

• @LukeMalla It would be fair that the shares show a time ticker expiry date beside them, if no automatic sell.

• This is a question to which I would like the answer. It needs to be raised at the approprIate forum I think. Question is if the newly created shares as a result of the SS don’t have a life of three years then how would they be aged? If, for example, pre share-split I had 1200 shares in a player as a result of buying 100 a month for 12 months what age would the ‘new’ 2400 be given? The only reasonable answer I guess is they simply treble the figures from the original dates....but in any case worth getting the answer.

• I asked the question previously and like UK Parliament & the Irish border i think this was something FI completely overlooked... If i have 100 shares in one future on March 25th and a day later 300 in that same player then surely at least 200 of those should be classed as a new bet???

I think because the bet has changed significantly (and new futures have been added to your account).. the same rule cannot apply legally?

I'll ensure that i close any futures i own well before the 3 year rule is up regardless to stay on the safe side but I feel 'IF' someone was to contest this they would have a decent case for arguing that the new shares allocated should start from the date they were given which IS written down in all of our transaction records under 'stock split'.

• Hi Traders, I've actually spoke about this with them, the stake you have has not changed, therefore the conditions don't change.

• @Andy-M but the argument is that the stake has changed? If I bet x1 stake in one future... and in two months that future becomes three futures.. then I have x2 stakes that i never ever paid for in the first place!!!!

I'm easy with what FI do as long as its covered in writing on the website somewhere (eg saying in the smallprint we can change your bet at any time)... but simply pushing it to one side without announcement as 'just keeping it the same' is not only lazy, but also liable for challenge in my opinion?

• @dannypea The stake is your money, that's what FI mean, I'm totally stunned too, I'm recalling someone putting this to Adam at the traders meeting and he said they'd look into it, that felt positive, obviously fooled us all 😞

• @Andy-M it is April after all ;-)

the way i get the three year rule is that FI 'had' to introduce it as they couldn't give infinite bets... this would have been an 'ideal' opportunity for FI to start folk from fresh and to lengthen the older investments even more so that money potentially stays in the system longer??

Think they've missed a trick and i still have a cloud of doubt on the three year thing.. is it now 4 years? when does it end? how will we know? what will be the outcome? I think how far FI has come I would now like to see a 'take' function that says at the end of the three year term you get whatever that future is worth but with a larger commission perhaps to FI for not cashing out ahead?

• @dannypea I'm pretty sure, say 99.99999% certain that they don't want to give a new 3 year life line because they need the original traders to sell up and create a shit load of commission, those guys must be sitting on a hell of a lot of shares, absolute gold mine to FI.
    The part about knowing when your 3 years is a sucker, I guess the only thing we can do is wait until we've been on the index for say 34 months and go through the transaction history, now that ain't going to be fun to say the least, I'm trying not to worry about it because I've still got 2 years and 5 months to reach 3 years, and I'm not sure if i hold anyone from the first couple of months.
    Let's hope that they fix something to help us with this problem.

• @Andy-M You wise man.

• @Andy-M said in Does Share Split reset the 3 year expiry rule?:

@dannypea I'm pretty sure, say 99.99999% certain that they don't want to give a new 3 year life line because they need the original traders to sell up and create a shit load of commission, those guys must be sitting on a hell of a lot of shares, absolute gold mine to FI.
    The part about knowing when your 3 years is a sucker, I guess the only thing we can do is wait until we've been on the index for say 34 months and go through the transaction history, now that ain't going to be fun to say the least, I'm trying not to worry about it because I've still got 2 years and 5 months to reach 3 years, and I'm not sure if i hold anyone from the first couple of months.
    Let's hope that they fix something to help us with this problem.

This is not as difficult as it sounds. If you go to transactions, you can export the data in Excel, and filter by the date.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.