Monday Sell Off?

• Wondering whether to expect the 'famous Monday Sell Off' today or have things changed with many playing the IPD game?
    The old Dynamics may have changed since SS.
    Also midweek matches, to hold people's interest so there 'sell fingers' might not get as itchy ;)

• I've certainly taken some hits Sunday night going into this morning.

• Yep taken a bit of a hammering overnight/this morning....mainly as major holds have lost a few p. They’ll be back!

• Took a bit of a hit myself, but it's a long game will be back and beyond!

• Yep me too. Used to it by now

• 29 players, 24 that are between 0p and 6p down in last 24 hours, just think it's strange when there is football everyday of the week, but not overly surprised unfortunately.

• @Andy-M yeh it's annoying... I'm more surprised that the fall seems quicker than the rise. Wasn't long ago it was like;

Sunday night: lose 80
    Monday: lose 80
    Tuesday: lose 50
    Wednesday am: lose 20
    Wednesday pm: gain 20
    Thursday: gain 50
    Friday: gain 100
    Saturday: gain 150
    Sunday am: gain 50

Sunday/Monday sell off with a bad Tuesday leading into Wednesday... Start to recover Wednesday night and Thursday... Then boom on Friday and Saturday... With a nice net profit each week.

So far the losses last night and today, for my port, we're greater than the rises on Friday and Saturday.

• I've seen drops on all of my players . Goretzka just keeps dropping

• I'm surprised people are selling off Kane and Sterling - they're still in the Champions league, both still riding high in the league, and will be focal points for media in the nations league this summer. Anyone understand why these ones in particular?

• pretty simple to me Greg... patience!!!

some people just don't have it!!!

• @GregF said in Monday Sell Off?:

I'm surprised people are selling off Kane and Sterling - they're still in the Champions league, both still riding high in the league, and will be focal points for media in the nations league this summer. Anyone understand why these ones in particular?

Big rises are usually followed by a bit of a drawback aren’t they? Wouldn’t be normal if nobody felt like taking some profit.

• The test will be as @Vespasian32 predicts, if it's the usual sell off we should regain from Tuesday to Saturday am...if not then i think its newbies withdrawing whilst offer is on, or big guns taking out due to frustration that the new 900=1p is grinding.

I'm tempted to take the cap app whilst it's good on big names, if it's 900=1p it's going to take ages for the big players cap app to keep going up and not time at all to drop as most an instant sell for a good profit...this is where the 900=1p is flawed.

• @Westy said in Monday Sell Off?:

The test will be as @Vespasian32 predicts, if it's the usual sell off we should regain from Tuesday to Saturday am...if not then i think its newbies withdrawing whilst offer is on, or big guns taking out due to frustration that the new 900=1p is grinding.

I'm tempted to take the cap app whilst it's good on big names, if it's 900=1p it's going to take ages for the big players cap app to keep going up and not time at all to drop as most an instant sell for a good profit...this is where the 900=1p is flawed.

That's what my brain tells me, but I predict me seeing this as a top up moment in the end...never thought I had enough Neymar.

• seems to big big sell off on the bigger players Neymar, Pogba, Mbappe, Sterling etc...

do you generally ride it out or sell and buy back again?

• @NewUser297399 ride it out. Top up if you're confident enough in the player.

• @NewUser297399 Generally ride it out. Big fish sell, prices lower, those that have been waiting for a dip buy, prices go back up...how most stocks work not just FI. If there is no other reason e.g. a broken leg, or a transfer to Spurs, then it's just timing of sales. Some people will be up to the 3 year hold i guess, or have reached targets, or see more value in another player.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.