When will we start seeing players increasing up to 1.50p in one day again?

• I was use to the old profit split seeing players increase so quickly creating a big wave of trades. But now with the new profit split the movement of trading is a lot less...will we ever return to the big increases???

• I guess the big test will be once a hat-trick from one of the top 20 players goes in. post share split, there was defintiely 80p=£1 daily increases to Sterling, Kean, Brandt in the run up to the share split....

Dupata got 2 goals yesterday for atlanta, and got a PB divi - he rose by 8p which equates to 24p pre share split......

Firminho's early goal against spurs yesterday did absolutely nothing for his price yesterday.

So it looks like the £1+ rises maybe a thing of the past ??

• How does FI plan on returning these big returns on a player? seeing big increases to now seeing low increases loses some of the excitement.

• @TheFearlessFox previously my players would increase when scoring goals. Yet now they barely move.

• I think it was assumed that with prices so low, people would just swap out buying 10/100 for 100/300 at a time and lots of new money would come in to keep the growth steady.

But if you watch the activity ticker...majority of buys are still 10-50 shares at a time... Making the rises few and far between.

This will have a knock on effect as shares sit at the same price for too long they will look unattractive.

Firminho example is a good one.. Almost regardless of price, pre split, any goalscorer was guaranteed to rise a few p instantly...faster than I could get goal updates from any website the players were bought in the hundreds... So it was actually quicker for me to invest by watching user activity than bt or sky sports... Or flash scores. You could get in and out in a matter of 30 seconds having made approx 5pps.

Now... For all we know people did buy a few hundred in Firminho when he scored but as the price didn't rise instantly it didn't have the snowball affect of before and people probably think... Hmm its not gone up/barely gone up... No way I make the IS+commission back on this as a quick flip.

Some people are happy that that kind of trading will become obsolete. For me... It was easy money and exciting.

Mental barrier of owning 300-900+ shares in any one player is going to play a big part too. People will have sat for weeks trying to sell 10 shares or 100 shares in a player before... Now thinking that you need to buy in droves but could then be stuck with thousands of unwanted shares... Quite off putting.

Have to assume FI will be proactive though when enough money starts leaving the platform. It's early days.

• @Vespasian32 I Agree with you. I feel that FI wil have something up there sleeve in order too make the market boom as before. And they did have profit split back in 2016. I feel FI need to start expanding in different countries.. For e.g. China.

• certainly agree the slower rises and falls might mean less volatile trading initially.. but the bigger picture is IF FI is to grow as much as they would like it to in the next few years.. more affordable players will be key to this... that odd 50/100 futures will soon mount up as more and more play and i think within a year you'll see things as active as they perhaps were pre-share split?

With FI i have said to all my friends.. this isn't a get rich quick scheme where you can double your money overnight (unless you get very lucky or write for the sports papers)... but with thought and patience you can certainly more than double your money within your 3 year hold... I would suggest that 'patience' is the real test for most!!!

• @dannypea Spot on. This isn't meant as a platform to make your profit in a day generally. Players like Joao Felix, who rose so quickly within a day previously, will be a lot more rare. Having said that, there are still going to be players that are bargains and way below the price they should be. I think we're just waiting to see who they are.

• @D-man said in When will we start seeing players increasing up to 1.50p in one day again?:

@Vespasian32 I Agree with you. I feel that FI wil have something up there sleeve in order too make the market boom as before. And they did have profit split back in 2016. I feel FI need to start expanding in different countries.. For e.g. China.

Is it sustainable though for FI to “have to do something” every time there isn’t market growth?

• @Timothee-Atouba thats a great point. So far where i am confident with FI is that over the last 3 years, Adam and his team have done exactly that, the deposit bonuses, share splits, variations of dividends have all pretty much been successful,( i think there was one turkey of a promo !)

what has complemented the promo's is the level of national advertising plus the focus in the square mile - there are some relative massive traders where dropping £25k=£50k in a portfolio is not an issue - this was unheard of 2 years ago when FI was still a developing platform.

so the challenge is to sustain the promo's in my opinion, and based on the previous 3 years, I have a confidence. I think i heard there is something new due shortly after the share split, but could be wrong ?

• I don't think they necessarily need to, but FI's worry is that if they don't people will lose interest, stop trading and just keep their portfolios running growing capital on dividend wins by having the best players... hence why they went for IPD's which a lot more people are now investing in... The beauty of the index though is that every year footballers come and go... so the next Messi or future Ronaldo that we all want in our portfolio might not even be out there yet? Just think some unknown Argentine or Portuguese kid IPO'ing at 50p in a year or two will end up being £5/£10 even £20 in a few years time.. and like lemmings we'll all be there lumping on and paying FI commission in the process!

FOMO has a lot to answer for!!!

• @dannypea personally promo's are healthy, they add variety onto the platform which is required otherwise FI runs the risk of things getting stale and traders getting bored and just withdraw cash during summer's etc i reckon....

whats FOMO ??!!

• I much prefer the market now.

More stable and better for long term investor like me. Every day my portfolio grows steadily in value and the dividend returns are certainly better now. £12 for Salah last night, rather than £10 under the old system.

Surely fewer crazy price increases based on 1 doubtful transfer story or pump and dump activity is a good thing for the long term health of the Index.

• @TheFearlessFox said in When will we start seeing players increasing up to 1.50p in one day again?:

@dannypea personally promo's are healthy, they add variety onto the platform which is required otherwise FI runs the risk of things getting stale and traders getting bored and just withdraw cash during summer's etc i reckon....

whats FOMO ??!!
    ![alt text](image url)
    0_1554121295896_upload-060053dd-d161-4e1b-9ecf-8c5c8b9ab4d1 https://imgs.heart.co.uk/images/39491?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=skH-LrG14fXwg95HzoNezl3RBis=

• Sorry my bad, I mis read

• @dannypea said in When will we start seeing players increasing up to 1.50p in one day again?:

that odd 50/100 futures will soon mount up as more and more play and i think within a year you'll see things as active as they perhaps were pre-share split?

Agree with you... But its chicken and egg. Need to retain traders as much as encourage new ones. On top of that current traders I suspect, are the biggest mechanic for new sign ups...

Put yourself in a new traders shoes if you joined this weekend. You've been told the top 10 are solid investments and then diversify with some pb players and mb players.

I have a diverse portfolio... And I've lost over £200 since last night... Pogba, neymar, kane, sterling, mbappe, goretzka, haller, marquinhos, Salah, messi, sancho, thiago, tah, ramos, zaniolo, mendy... All down (from my port) plenty of other players that tick all the right boxes also down.

The sell off has far outweighed the momentum from Friday/Saturday.

If FI really think the market is going to grow massively, should have let us measly 300,000, benefit more from the split by keeping it at 300 or so shares per penny rise.. So new investors coming in see rises and falls more obviously so they believe money can be made.

• @TheFearlessFox said in When will we start seeing players increasing up to 1.50p in one day again?:

@dannypea personally promo's are healthy, they add variety onto the platform which is required otherwise FI runs the risk of things getting stale and traders getting bored and just withdraw cash during summer's etc i reckon....

whats FOMO ??!!

Fear of missing out

• YES to promos for me too... all im saying is the general 7 day week should be enough to keep interest high to invest... but i agree there's things FI can do to enhance trading (especially during the off season)... I still think adding the goalkeeper category would increase investment? Opening up media buzz to everyone... PB's & IPDs for internationals.. Including domestic cup competitions from say the quarter finals? Including international competitions like the Copa America, the Africa Cup of Nations, the Nations League... Increasing PB leagues from 5 to 6...then 7..and 8...

All this needs to be done over time of course, they can't do it all in one go as the market would go mad, but as it grows, over time, slowly these enhancements will keep investors active and trading will grow and evolve because of these new ideas!!!

• All in all we have to admit FI is amazing i don't know any other trading platform that offers this much rewards.

• Must be a lot of new sign ups getting a pummeling from last night and today...whereas those in early can ride these out, it might be enough for new sign ups to withdraw free of charge if that offer is still on which the radio ad suggests is.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.