Varane wants to leave

• Definitely worth a punt for 82p with him probably leaving this summer. Good news for Man Utd!

• @Indexman Totally agree, I brought him pre SS so 61p cost for me … happy days!

• in usual circumstances leaving Real Madrid for anyone would be seen as a step back... but not on FI as the rumour with United will only boost his price due to the rise in interest from the UK market.. I just wonder if Real Madrid will nip this one in the bud? They don't usually let their best players go and It would be a really bad decision for them to sell him to a rival team in Europe?

If he does go however... as an investment I actually think should he go to Juventus he could become a much better PB threat than say at United (due to the way Juve dominate games and don't let goals in)... I've always stayed clear simply because Ramos takes all his PB threat away but if he does move on he may become a much better dividend returner?

• Has won everything he can at Madrid, needs a new challenge...I think he will definitely be off and will be either Man U or Juve. If he was Spanish I think he may stay like Ramos has for so long but he'll be off.

• Media will have a field day on this and 100 million pound deals tend to drag on. Media Buzz plus if he does sign for UTD he'll double in value. VVD is £2.50 and Varane 87p. Loads of growth here for sure.

• Don't Real Madrid players always do this to get higher wages, for the new contract. Why would he leave now Zidane coming in, and some exciting players on the way.

• We've had this with Ramos, Umtiti, Fabregas, Thiago.... Varane gets a new contract, we look like desperate muppets, and sign Maguire or re-sign Keane on the last day of the window.
    Remember when we opted for Phil Jones from Blackburn rovers instead of Varane from Lens all those years ago? How we laughed.

• @NeverWin Agreed. Ronaldo when he was there, was brilliant at it. It gets them an improved contract.

• @Jimbob said in Varane wants to leave:

We've had this with Ramos, Umtiti, Fabregas, Thiago.... Varane gets a new contract, we look like desperate muppets, and sign Maguire or re-sign Keane on the last day of the window.
    Remember when we opted for Phil Jones from Blackburn rovers instead of Varane from Lens all those years ago? How we laughed.

Phil jones looked bloody good at blackburn and was fantastic for them at 18.

• @Tom77 He did to be fair, just hasn't taken a forward step since he arrived. Meanwhile, Varane has won everything, and looked immense. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Wonder if Zidane would do a swap?

• @Tom77 Phil Jones and Christopher Samba now that was a centre-back partnership back in the day.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.