Villareal 4-4 Barcelona WOW!

• What a game of football!

• @Gazz127 Yes indeed. 0-2,3-2, Messi comes on. 4-2. Suarez last kick of game was outrageous.4-4.

*correction edit on timeline on the madness last night

• Messi and Luis Suarez forever! Will hold, top up, enjoy and smile when they are both in the same team.

• @Gazz127 Incredible. I do hope Villareal stay up. That was some performance and entertainment. Going to miss La Liga when it goes back to subscription fee paying.

• i started watching this at 2-2 when the mrs went to bed and glad i did... Thought (like many on FI seemingly) Chukwueze looked immense and I really like Iborra at the moment... That pass by Cazorla for the 4th goal was different levels!!!

having lost my £5 accumulator earlier in the evening (no thanks to Milan) i actually had Barca to win but was concerned they might slip up here so glad i didn't have to rely on them.. At 4-2 in the 89th minute i checked my bet account and thought I would have a sneaky quid on the draw (big spender).. The moment that free kick was given on the edge of the box i hit POUND BET at 30/1 and Messi struck in before Suarez completed the inevitable with the last touch of the game... I've still not told the MRS!!!!

Talking small margins, the boy getting sent off for Villarreal should be ashamed with himself... it's his fault they lost and i think taking Chukueze off was not a great idea... Cazorla got caught in possession with about 45 seconds left because he had no out ball and that in my mind lead to a corner which eventually lead to the goal... these things however small can prove so vital, but I do think Villarreal have too much to go down...

As for Barca, without Messi they are very disappointing... I'm not having Vidal, i'm not having any of there back four... this season they have the points in the bag to win the league again, I think Europe will be too much for them, but if they don't make big additions in the summer i think both Atletico and Real will be much closer to them next season!!

• Would be a shame to see VR go down but surely would be a lot of Chukwueze interest if they do so good for FI.

Thought Messi was gonna come on grab a couple of goals , nick PB and MB ha. In such great form yet still price dropping.

• Wish I had purchased before but bought Chukwueze during that game as he looked so good.
    wish I had purchased more but will top up on any weakness.
    Has to be attracting some interest and if Villareal do go down then someone will snap him up.

So miss Spanish footie and always looked forward to watching it on sky and wish they'd get that contract back😒

• @Gazz127 said in Villareal 4-4 Barcelona WOW!:

Wish I had purchased before but bought Chukwueze during that game as he looked so good.
    wish I had purchased more but will top up on any weakness.
    Has to be attracting some interest and if Villareal do go down then someone will snap him up.

So miss Spanish footie and always looked forward to watching it on sky and wish they'd get that contract back😒

Yea i've held for a while now and he hasn't done much so was happy to see a decent gain - really exciting player to watch and would be lethal in a stronger side.

Now that ITV4 are showing La Liga games I think we will continue to see decent movement amongst the less-known players if they perform well during broadcasted games.

• i was thinking 'do i buy him' during the match but the commentator said he has a long term contract so i'm guessing after one good game (he's had a good year showing promise but not a great year by all accounts) he should stay at Villarreal for another season at least... But scary how he was leaving Lenglet for dead and i'm not even sure Jordi Alba got close enough to him to suggest that he's any quicker?? Certainly has the raw ability to trouble world class defenders so that's a good start for a 19 year old!!!

Think ITV4 have done a good job with it.. not sure how long its on for (prob only until the season end) but La Liga is not a competition i would ever pay for (and i pay for all the mainstream football channels) so the Eleven Sports thing was always going to be a disaster.. I just don't like the whole 'ripping off' that goes on between these organisations and TV broadcasters which inevitably end up hitting us the viewer hardest!!! Good to see La Liga come back tail between there legs and airing football on our 'TV' screens in the UK as they will learn screening for free to the masses will earn them significantly more long term than taking out an all exclusive internet TV contract that isolates their competition from the passive football follower.

• The Villarreal striker Toko Ekambi looks a very good buy for ipd. He already has 8 goals in La Liga plus 5 in the Europa league and has 7 or 8 games coming up in the next month. He scored last night also.

• he's certainly a handful but a frustrating player.. seen him miss more than he scores and his decision making isn't always the best.. but when i've seen him he's always caused opponents problems... Could easily see him at an unfashionable mid table EPL club though which might improve his price? As you say for IPD he's a cheap punt!!!

• @NewUser287844 said in Villareal 4-4 Barcelona WOW!:

The Villarreal striker Toko Ekambi looks a very good buy for ipd. He already has 8 goals in La Liga plus 5 in the Europa league and has 7 or 8 games coming up in the next month. He scored last night also.

I watched bits of the game last night and thought he also looked a handful. Has hit form recently with 4 goals and an assist in his last 3 games. 7 games coming up in the next 30 days. I'm sure he will get rotated but 2 of the games are Europa League quarter finals where there are 4 games for treble PB.

• don't think chukwueze be at Villarreal whether they stay or or not. pace power aggression dangerous, someone in spain is buying him up

• @dannypea you can add Ter Stegen to that list as well. OK, so a good keeper majority of the time but terrible mistake last night.

• @Metropolis i've seen him make a few mistakes this season,... he tried to second guess a cross last night which ended up making him a real prat? Not sure if Barca would go out and replace him but I certainly think he's rated highly because of where he's at rather than because of what he's done!!!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.