Gutted. Gotta sell and withdraw

• Totally gutted this morning. After major unexpected car trouble and a larger than expected solicitors bill landing in the space of 2 days I have no choice but to market sell my entire (but smallish circa 2k) portfolio. Properly gutted about this. I'll be back I know but just feel like will be missing the boat of all the increases.

• It's a shame but at least you can use the Index money for something useful! Hope it all works out okay! See you back here soon!

• @Schmitcattaxi That's a shame mate, but like mentioned it's good you can use the money you've invested. Maybe try keep £20-£30 invested in a cheap player who could potentially rise, lots of defenders linked with moves, I'll probably back Michael Keane myself , although I don't rate him and hope Spurs don't follow up interest lol.

• @Schmitcattaxi
    Shame you have to do,stick it all up for sale for a few hours first might get a decent chunk of it sold and save a few quid in spread!!Hope your back soon.

• I hope it goes well for you.

• Don't know your full circumstances...could you not borrow the £2K and try and pay off the monthly payments with any profit from FI or drip sell over the months? I normally wouldn't recommend borrowing money to 'gamble' but if you can get a really cheap loan there is a real chance you can service that loan whilst keeping the majority of your FI portfolio.

Just food for thought and not something you should do lightly! Good luck whatever you do.

• @betting2win said in Gutted. Gotta sell and withdraw:

hly payments with any profit from FI or drip sell over the months? I normally wouldn't recommend borrowing money to 'gamble' but if you can get a really cheap loan there is a real chance you can service that loan whilst keeping the

Yes in this situation i'd be very temped to put those unforeseens on a 0% credit card.

Only wise if it suits his personal circumstances of course but I've never been afraid to lend on a 0% card - some of them offer 24 months+

• @Chris-J said in Gutted. Gotta sell and withdraw:

@betting2win said in Gutted. Gotta sell and withdraw:

hly payments with any profit from FI or drip sell over the months? I normally wouldn't recommend borrowing money to 'gamble' but if you can get a really cheap loan there is a real chance you can service that loan whilst keeping the

Yes in this situation i'd be very temped to put those unforeseens on a 0% credit card.

Only wise if it suits his personal circumstances of course but I've never been afraid to lend on a 0% card - some of them offer 24 months+

Obviously depends on @Schmitcattaxi levels of debt elsewhere (mortgage/rent/car finance/existing credit card etc) and what he's comfortable with doing, but I think the above is a sensible suggestion if it's viable. If it comes to it and you have to take the index money, then as others have said at least you're putting it to good use.

Good luck regardless 👍

Edit - I'm pretty sure there are some independent financial advisers on this forum who might be happy to offer some free advice as part of the FI community.

• For financial reasons, I have had to sell around half of my portfolio too so taken around 7,500 out of my account over the last few days. Coming up to the summer I was going to do something similar anyway so I'm not too disappointed as can always reinvest some money (if it feels right) for the start of the new season

• @Schmitcattaxi I feel your pain. did the same when my daughter was born, I took the money out solely for that and stayed away from here for nearly a year. when I came back my shares in Neymar id sold at £4.35 were over £12! real life takes over sometimes and that's important mate!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.