First time in a long time..

• The first time in about 3/4 months I’ve suffered big losses over the last week, probably lost about 2/3% of my port with the top 10 dropping rapidly and my awful production cho would bomb after the international break! (I made a 40% profit but.....)

It’s the way it goes, I wasn’t complaining when it was rising daily for 2 weeks! ups and downs 🤘

Haven’t panic sold (well rounded off numbers) and pumped into Salah think he is good value for the next month which will be huge for Liverpool and him 👋👋

• I don’t understand the drop in Pogba. Yes, he hasn’t been at his best for a few weeks, but he will surely increase again after the announcement on April 15th. He is the king of MB!

• I think there's a couple of reasons why people are selling.

1. There is quite clearly a good sized proportion of the user base that is not playing for long term profits. They're looking at making their money quickly but in small amounts, so if they make £10 profit from 50 Pogba's they'll take it. His price did rise sharply just before share split and even now, his pre-share split value would be £23.37. He's still up there (43p from his all time peak) and to be fair, he's had a few rubbish games. So I think that's part of it.
    2. As soon as players drop in value, there is panic. I think people start to sell at the first sign of a drop and that causes further drops.

From my perspective, I'm holding onto him and the other big players I have. If I had more money to put in, I'd be doing it now. At some point, one of the big players will come along and grab a whole load of these players and push their value back up so it's a good opportunity.

• @SgtSnowman

I think the other 2 factors are that the feel good factor from Ole’s honeymoon period is over and Man Utd look less and less likely to be in the CL next season.

Coupled with this are the gathering roumers of him moving at some point in the next 18 months which, in the short term will be good for some MB will in the longer term cause his price to drop significantly (IMO)

• @Advinculas-Index said in First time in a long time..:

@SgtSnowman

I think the other 2 factors are that the feel good factor from Ole’s honeymoon period is over and Man Utd look less and less likely to be in the CL next season.

Coupled with this are the gathering roumers of him moving at some point in the next 18 months which, in the short term will be good for some MB will in the longer term cause his price to drop significantly (IMO)

But surely a long protracted transfer is great for MB and therefore his price. I can't see the vast majority of traders caring about 18 months. I don't think the time horizon for planning is much beyond 18 hours at the moment.

• Possibly
    It’s just my opinion based on gut feel nothing else

• The first drop was very quick and didn't appear on the user activity as an instant sell... That accounted for about 20p. Then people have been IS. I think the price is being driven down before the April announcement so some can make a killing. Pogba will be media King of the summer and the announcement is surely concerning an MB increase.

Neymar also had a big drop with no user activity

Rashford, Sterling, Sancho I think people just then worried it would happen there too so started getting out... But they haven't really collapsed in value.

I could be wrong... All of those players were inflated pre split and none are reaping in divs... So could be genuine people taking profit and moving elsewhere... But I'm hoping the money will bounce back when a few big fish unlist their shares

• It seems the “kids are back in fashion” I’m not making the same mistake as last time, I feel a big fish will be 3/4/5000 shares bump the price everyone else follows suit

Why would you buy kids with no transfer spec and there is only 7/8 games of the season

I know my money is going into media for the summer

May really squeeze my port down to 9/10 players

From 25 at present

• Last off season "kids" were used a lot by teams in the pre-season tours for friendly games and some big rises occured due to regular players being given rest time after hard seasons and the World Cup.

Granted there is no World Cup this summer but there will still be a lot of reserve and youth players used in these games. Traders will jump on these players if they score or even just start, mainly due to boredom with no proper football on.

• If you have bought Pogba and Neymar for dividends (which you have) then who cares whether the price goes up or down twenty pence? These guys are two of the few players on here who actually fulfill the supposed function of the shares we buy and return regular dividends. Hold them for 3 years and the only thing that makes them unprofitable is FI itself collapsing as a platform. Neymar hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for ages and he’s dropped a couple of %, and Pogba has always been volatile. It’s unpleasant to see red in your daily or 7 day profit column, but you’ll get over it when Neymar comes back and scores 300 PB or Pogba has three MBs in a row.

With players like these, just take advantage of the dips and get more in.

• As much as a Pogba transfer would dominate the summer MB what happens to his price come pre season if he has left United? A heavy drop is likely, he’d be worth nowhere near what he is at present.
    It’s a dangerous game buying a king when he is already the king (of FI) note Ibrahimivic and Sanchez. We need to be buying the kings and princes in waiting.

• @Vespasian32 I think you're right - remember a few weeks ago prices dropped 30p (old money) for a day or two, then rose back up? I know traders who have had Pogba in the queue for over a week with no transfers, so there must be a sizable queue. As soon as Man Utd get close to game day I dare say the price will recover fairly significantly. It also may be some market manipulation as you say so big traders can make significant amounts on the recovery.

I think there is also sense in the kids being on trend right now, we all now this platform runs in cycles and this is their cycle - I have no concerns that my big hitters will continue to make me money though. Their cycle will come back in time, and traders who hold throughout will make money then.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in First time in a long time..:

As much as a Pogba transfer would dominate the summer MB what happens to his price come pre season if he has left United? A heavy drop is likely, he’d be worth nowhere near what he is at present.
    It’s a dangerous game buying a king when he is already the king (of FI) note Ibrahimivic and Sanchez. We need to be buying the kings and princes in waiting.

Man U is the real king, pogba just fuels it. If he left another united player would take the mantle as proven in the past, Rooney/ Zlatan.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.