Toni Kroos Transfer Rumours

• I think this could be one of the big summer stories - already talk of a tug of war between City & United and possibility of being involved in a Kroos + cash swap deal with Pogba.

Great time to buy while he is in a dip - most of the big potential summer movers have already had a value surge.

Also has the sixth highest PB average on the index.

• Dont personally think Kroos would be suited to the PL, very fast & frantic, players getting very little time on the ball. Kroos has never been know for his pace / mobility. Likes to sit deep and play the Quarter Back role, dominating the ball. Yes his football brain is 2 passes ahead of most ppl but as he gets on in his career dont think it is for him. Could see him at PSG or back at Bayern if Barca would look to re-sign Thiago!

• @Stewarty said in Toni Kroos Transfer Rumours:

Dont personally think Kroos would be suited to the PL, very fast & frantic, players getting very little time on the ball. Kroos has never been know for his pace / mobility. Likes to sit deep and play the Quarter Back role, dominating the ball. Yes his football brain is 2 passes ahead of most ppl but as he gets on in his career dont think it is for him. Could see him at PSG or back at Bayern if Barca would look to re-sign Thiago!

Cough Michael Carrick and Scholes.

• @Tom77 both players long retired, the game has got quicker have you noticed? That's why the likes of Matic, Shelvey etc has been found out. Did you watch both legs of Real vs Ajax? Modric & Kroos couldn't cope with the vibrant young Ajax side, De Jong in particular. Also both players you quote played their whole career in the PL, right from their early teenage years. Big difference than rocking in at the age of 29.

@Tom77 both players long retired, the game has got quicker have you noticed? That's why the likes of Matic, Shelvey etc has been found out. Did you watch both legs of Real vs Ajax? Modric & Kroos couldn't cope with the vibrant young Ajax side, De Jong in particular. Also both players you quote played their whole career in the PL, right from their early teenage years. Big difference than rocking in at the age of 29.

Whether he is suited or not the speculation will be there for sure - don’t think journalists will overthink to that extent when they are spewing out headlines throughout the summer.

• @Chris-J certainly not arguing that point at all, seems certain to leave Real. Big name player so will naturally be speculation and if he is for sale will be linked with most of the PL's top 6.

@Tom77 both players long retired, the game has got quicker have you noticed? That's why the likes of Matic, Shelvey etc has been found out. Did you watch both legs of Real vs Ajax? Modric & Kroos couldn't cope with the vibrant young Ajax side, De Jong in particular. Also both players you quote played their whole career in the PL, right from their early teenage years. Big difference than rocking in at the age of 29.

You just compared carrick and Scholes to Shelvey now go and wash your mouth out with salt.

• Kroos couldn't make it in the prem? You having a laugh? Henderson and Dier play week in week out for their clubs both in the top 4!? They are both dog shit

• @Tom77 obviously as you have an investment in Kroos your the kind of guy cant take criticism of them? Where did I compare Shelvey to Scholes/Carrick? I'm making a point that players now days with not a lot of legs are being found out in the PL as the pace of the game particularly in the midfield has increased.

• @Dan-w I didnt say Kroos couldn't play in the PL, didn't George Weah's imaginary cousin get a game a few years ago? My point if you read it was who is going to invest huge sums of money in Kroos as his game isn't totally suited to PL IN MY OPINION! Last count there he was making 26.3m euro a year at Real, plus a transfer fee of £30m+ whos going to pay that? And by comparing him to Henderson shows your football knowledge, Henderson plays in all Liverpools big games ahead of Keita & Fabinho because he is all legs & energy, my point exactly. Fella couldn't pass 10 yards but can run all day. Complete opposite of Kroos

• @Stewarty Haha ok then. Fast PL you said. Henderson and Dier my examples, to name just 2, they are known for their pace aswell as footballing ability!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.