Wake Up and Invest!

• Treble match day with only 3 games being played - yet relatively sparse trading! What is going on?!

Spurs vs City and Nimes vs Rennes are close games but some PB winners there to choose from aren't budging... Laporte, Savanier…

But the big one is Liverpool at home to Porto... I cant understand why Salah & Mane aren't getting much movement in prep for this game... triple payout with only 3 games and this looks the most one sided on paper... Mane is flying... Salah got his long overdue goal and blitzed MB... so why so quiet?!

Hazard got a brace last night, with MB and PB wins and has gone down in value...

Pogba and Neymar revival lasted all of 1 minute and they are back down/stagnant again.

Where is the money going....

• Again he is still inflated but you could add hudson odoi to that list. Played 85 minutes and dropped over 10p. Did people expect him to win pb or something?

• Anybody else fancy adding their players to this list???

I have some in Kane... I’ll just drop his name in and for anybody who hasn’t heard of him. Crap haircut but gets goals and if gets the winner in the new stadium tonight media is his.

• I don't understand Hazard at all. Wins MB. Top Forward again after a win last week. Unlucky not to win star player. Transfer rumours. triple game on Thursday. Goes down. Still cheaper than Hudson-Odoi.

• People must be holding back for the announcement on the 15th. I really think this announcement is a bad move, it’s so frustrating with waiting for everything to happen.

• @Tom77 said in Wake Up and Invest!:

People must be holding back for the announcement on the 15th. I really think this announcement is a bad move, it’s so frustrating with waiting for everything to happen.

Agreed. Not necessarily with it being a bad move though. Maybe the new FI strategy is to create storms at regular intervals.
    It’s inevitable that trading will go stale in the run up to a game altering announcement. Although I do agree with the opening post. It’s staggering that on a 3 game treble match day there are no moves for eligible players!

• @Vespasian32 Can't underestimate how much new investment and customers they need to make market move, player performances are irrelevant right now.

• I've seen slow declines since the initial boom shot up my portfiolio around the share split... during the whole time i've stayed relatively quiet and trying to second guess the market and what moves traders will make next?

This is not something i'm too concerned about as had a great few months of increases BUT... When I look to invest now I'm struggling to see my next move... is this because i'm not sure having had a portfolio of £10-20 players (which are now worth £5-8) i can't yet work out the real trading value or my players worth? Is it because the prices don't excite me as much as they used to? Is it because i'm not seeing any big movements in certain areas of the market like i expected???

Not sure if anyone else is still feeling cagey about the whole thing (which has lead to taking profits out) or if there is some other reason for the slow down (ie the same level of investment but it being harder to budge value)? end of season in x2 months time might have an effect? another announcement pending which again might dictate where money is spent?? I was really excited by the share split and when it happened i was happy... but since then i'm not sure if i've become either a little bored or a little tired in thinking i now need to do a bloody lot if i want my 30p footballer to move up to 31p and above!!!!!!!

• Mate there was way too much investment immediately after the split, prices soaring in spite of these prices essentially being the same as the previous night!! Literally everyone experienced growth. I just see this lack of further investment as player prices finally beginning to even out, as the dividends may have increased but not too the same value as the surge in capital appreciation in the top players.

• @dannypea Sums up my feelings precisely. I'm down on 11 of the last 14 days since the split. Yes, if I look at the last 4 weeks or so in total I am significantly up, which is amazing, but it seems at the moment that unless the market is booming thanks to some sort of intervention from FI, there isn't an awful lot happening to get excited about. That makes for long periods of stagnation.

Most of my port are long term holds, so I don't dip into the market too much but I've made a few moves today almost out of boredom! I guess people will just say it's up to you how you trade and there are lots of ways of making it more interesting, but I can't dedicate the time that some people seem to be willing to spend in order to make good short-term trades.

Hopefully today's triple PB will trigger a bit of action once the games get going, but most people have missed the boat for the dividend cut-off!

• @NewUser297678 said in Wake Up and Invest!:

Again he is still inflated but you could add hudson odoi to that list. Played 85 minutes and dropped over 10p. Did people expect him to win pb or something?

CHO's price is so heavily influenced by media hype that whenever he gets on the pitch and plays anything below sublime his price nose-dives. Seems to be the case for a lot of youngsters on FI that the worst thing for their price is to actually play!

• @dannypea yes exactly... Like many, I've skimmed some profit off the top of high end players... The intention wasn't necessarily to withdraw it... But reinvest. But ... Once I had a pot of £3k I just wasn't excited or confident on what to do with it... So i withdrew.

Trying to understand the market I've since sold a lot of my pb players... And piled up on mb players and those that attract mb and still play in big games (hence why I mention salah, mane, hazard...) I thought it was sensible and that last night in particular it was going to pay off... But what I win in divs I'm losing double in capital depreciation!

Better make some of it back on the 15th otherwise it gets to a point of 'quit while I'm ahead' and continue taking my money out

• @Tom77 Don't be frustrated. All for growth and gain I am sure.....

• TBF i shouldn't complain as have not really worked out the fors and againsts of investing pre and post but watching the Chelsea game I wanted to kick myself a little after Hazard had a good night last night...

I sold Hazard at £12.96 in Feb which in todays money is £4.32 to buy CHO at £8.54 which in todays money is £2.84.... Not sure on dividend returns since i made this transaction in Feb but whilst Hazard has moved to £4.78 (what would have been a 0.46p increase in that time) CHO has increased to £5.00 which is a £2.16 return per share... so GOOD BUSINESS!!!

My only thoughts last night was if i held Hazard I would be expecting him to be ripping through the roof and if i had some cash on account would probably have re-invested again... a week ago though he was £4.82... he scores two goals wipes up media buzz and is rumoured with a big money transfer in the summer so sure to divi up more over the coming months and today he's worth £4.78... what is the point of investing if even good news and good form puts you in negative equity???

Maybe i should just keep quiet and invest in Hazard as now is probably a great time??? But still trying to work out the latest market trend is what is doing my nut in the most!!!

• @dannypea Hazard is looking likely to go to Real Madrid. Traders are fearing a Coutinho-esque drop if that transfer goes ahead. I believe that is what is holding back his price even after last nights performance and dividend wins.

• @NeverWin said in Wake Up and Invest!:

@Vespasian32 Can't underestimate how much new investment and customers they need to make market move, player performances are irrelevant right now.

haha if you were following the thread you will have seen I was like the Nigel Farrage of the 900 vs 300 debate. Very passionate about how it would stunt growth...but that only partially accounts for what we are seeing.. as it explains the slow increases.. not necessarily the rapid decreases.

So much IS happening.

The sell queues are massive too - which doesn't make sense to me. If I list a player and he doesn't sell in 24 hours... I know the queue is too long or people aren't buying... so I remove my shares from the queue as not to compound the decreasing price... further driving buyers away and attracting more sellers.

If you want to sell a player and the queue aint moving...IS or Hold... keeping a massive queue just makes the player less likely to sell!!

• The money hasn't gone anywhere. People are just not investing after the mad SS market. Between the 18 and the 26 March, I made £3.5k profit (mostly price appreciation). A lot of people made money. I'm now almostly £2k down on port value. I hold most of the players involved in the CL/EL, so there's no incentive to pump more money into them just for a few pence in IPDs. In the last few days, I've bought a few very cheap players for IPDs which I hate, but this is where FI are investing in.

Since I joined in August 2018, the market has flown after some announcement, apart from the deposit bonus last December where the market grew briefly and the one day of crazy bull market before the London Meet last September. We all knew it was going to be flat after the SS madness. I'm waiting for the announcement on 15th April. If the market flies, I will pump extra money during the bull run, then take the profits and return that extra money to my bank. It is what it is I'm afraid.

• @Vespasian32 Do you know if the IS spread percentage is set on the length of the sell queue?

• @TheSleepingGiant i think FI has moved a long way since the days of Coutinho (how dare he) leaving the glitz and glamour of the EPL US owned franchises to the unassuming peoples club of Barcelona...

We all know that getting out at the top of a transfer is best bet.. so all that media buzz in the summer is still to come.. he could have 2 weeks of straight wins?? how can you be 'fearful' over that??

I get that his time is coming to an end in England and this might be his last BIG move but still... this should be the move of the summer and should be attracting investors towards the player alone.. but for some reason, whether it be dynamics again.. things are not???

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Wake Up and Invest!:

@Vespasian32 Do you know if the IS spread percentage is set on the length of the sell queue?

I suspect it plays a big part in the calculation.

Spread is to do with volatility and risk to the market so I've always assumed it was mostly impacted by number of shares sold to investors (hence why the higher the value the higher the spread, in most cases... we've seen lots of anomalies since the split … but is this due to sell queue or just some calculation oversight/mistake?)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.