Unstable times

• Just interested to get peoples thoughts on the current state of the market. Seems players are falling when they should in theory be rising and sentiment around the market at the moment is generally bad.

The price of CHO and Sancho falling isn't that surprising to me as I think it has been coming for a while and they are spearheading a bubble that was always going to burst in my opinion. However the likes of Hazard, Pogba and a few of the other big boys are all falling as well and seems a lot of people are withdrawing from the market.

Do people think this is because of the upcoming announcement or any other theories as to what it might be. I have full confidence that things will turn around again, it is just strange to see at the moment

• @TraderJ said in Unstable times:

ncho falling isn't that surprising to me as I think it has been coming for a while and they are spearheading a bubble that was always going to burst in my opinion. However the likes of Hazard, Pogba and a few of the other big boys are all falling as well and seems a lot of people are withdrawing from the

I think its just sheep-investing behaviour that creates a domino effect of selling up - the majority of experienced traders will not be panicking at this.

It does seem strange timing though - usually in the build up to an announcement we see the opposite effect.

• Maybe others know something I don't, but I suspect that Monday's announcement will be some form of bumper MB payouts over the Summer months. Certainly I can't see FI reducing MB payouts.

With that in mind, the premium players on the Index and top transfer spec players should benefit significantly. That's what I've set my portfolio up for anyway.

• This announcement next week better be good. I’m honestly at afraid look at my portfolio at the moment!! 🤦‍♀️🤬🤦‍♀️🤪

• Someone ISd Hazard there.

I don't hold Hazard but why on earth would u IS

People have gone mad

• FI must love times like this - all this commission from instant selling and all they have to do is announce a shake up of the MB structure over the summer and all that money gets pumped straight back in.

• Quite frustrating.. it seems like buying to hold is old news now 😒

• Do people think it is perhaps a lack of understanding of the platform by new users? I have seen so many forum posts about people not knowing the dividend rules etc which leads me to believe people are investing without first researching the platform. The lack of understanding leads to panic once there is a little hiccup

• @Comrade people are just throwing money away

• Guys i am slightly panicked by the sudden fall surely FI has something up there sleeve to boost it back up??...

• @TraderJ said in Unstable times:

Do people think it is perhaps a lack of understanding of the platform by new users? I have seen so many forum posts about people not knowing the dividend rules etc which leads me to believe people are investing without first researching the platform. The lack of understanding leads to panic once there is a little hiccup

I'd agree to an extent- a lot of new players from the past few months have joined during a period of making easy profit by jumping on hype trains and trending players that are increasing without much substance to their inflated values.

In a way they haven't 'needed' to understand the platform.

• @D-man I hope so too. I know a lot of people say they love times like these because of all of the commission etc. Which I'm sure they do to some extent but it also must concern them. FI seem like a company with big ambitions and surely must then have an eye on long term growth, in order to grow they need to keep their core investors happy and ensure people are willing to pump money into the market.

I'm sure they recognise that although times like this may be immediately profitable for them they may damage the long term growth of the product so I'm sure they will find some way to stimulate the market again and turn the sentiment around

• There is still money to be made - whilst my big boys are plummeting and eating away at my total profit... since the split I've had success on some younger players. It's high risk but stemming the tide of losses

I bought 500 Isak and made over £150 after commission selling to market
    500 Brewster 300 of which I sold at his peak and made over £100 profit, have 200 still in queue only at 7p profit per share... but will cover commission and a few quid profit if they sell (should be near top of queue)
    I'm now building a healthy profit on 350 shares in Vinagre… seems flavour of the week

I just hope the announcement creates the kind of activity we saw the last couple of times... Pogba and Neymar back to over £8 would be lovely and offset my losses since the split.

• Think it's a case of several things

MB announcement on the 15th - people will be holding cash back awaiting for this, people could have sold players awaiting this too

A summer with no football - this will be the first time we have a summer of no football for most FI traders, people will be very unsure where to place money and could be selling PB players

Footstock - we could have a number of traders withdrawing to put money into Footstock

I don't think its a case of unstable times its a case of uncertainty of where to put your money.

Nothing to worry about for me

• @Chris-J very true and It is sad for them because they have probably lumped a load of money in thinking it's easy profits but as we know all bubbles eventually burst

• I think the usual April falls are having an effect but the difference last year is that I remember investments still going into UCL matches which seems much lower this year..?

No significant summer tournament means that now is probably as good a time as any to take your cash out and re-invest before the new season but I won't be doing that... not one to panic through red or green... Dividend returns will continue and this will push re-investment as long as the TV & radio marketing campaigns continue to work and bring new users through the door!!!

IF i were in FI's shoes I would be looking to run as many promotions as possible this summer with 'new reasons' to get people to buy/sell and trade shares... The Footie might continue to fall for a good three months now so re-investment incentives could be needed during the off season especially.. tweaks to scoring... Seems a long time since we've had one of those 'money back' offers that used to drive re-investment into the market by offering users incentives (other than a moving share at +10p-) to put more money into the platform...

Lets get regular consistent IPO's on a weekly or twice weekly basis at set times... lets get regular quarterley incentives for existing users to invest in the platform and lets try an incentive (like all the bookies do) on say a free £10 bet on opening any NEW account!!!!

Maybe worth running some kind of survey to get user feedback on how they want the future of FI to pan out??? I would certainly rather see sexier dividends and a simpler 30 day goal dividends structure!!! The platform needs to be clear & simple and exciting enough for new users to invest!!!

• I think the market was getting silly. Anyone with a couple of hundred quid thought they could come in buy someone from the trending list or some youngster who had trials for West Ham when they were 15 and double their money that week for a Friday night sesh.

None of the new users seemed to understand or care about dividends. Didn't read the rules and then queried it on forums and facebook pages rather than actually reading the rules.

Would these people have gone and bought £200 worth of Debenhams shares yesterday morning. Probably not. It is not a quick and easy get rich scheme. It is an enjoyable platform where the returns are very attractive if you do some research and chose the right players. I would be worried if I needed to withdraw this week to pay my rent so only put in what you don't need until you are happy with the profit.

• I'm quite new to all this, but unlike betting as in 'betting' I am sticking to a plan.

I have a portfolio of either 30 day flips, long term in it for 3 years, ROI of 10% after commission players.

This allows me to be able to daily trade, I'm not bothered about what commission I am paying out as I know what minimum I want to cover.

I think the term 'unstable times' comes about when people go away from their plan and react to the market.

Bottom line folks is, invest what you can afford to lose - and if you make more than 3 or 4 % on a player then its more than a bank account.

Unless of course your using this as your full time job - then I dunno, maybe it is unstable times.

Im happy, last night I made a 54.55% ROI in a player I had only 15 futures in (he was on my 10% list and felt the time was right to sell up as he just increased like Billy O.....Quick sold and then bought 105 in a player that I think will make me maybe 20 to 30% ROI.

Enjoy the ride.

• I've previously put posts trying to encourage Newbies not to panic, but let's be real here, if I'd have joined recently and bought the portfolio I currently hold, I'd be shitting my pants now, we're talking about inexperienced traders, but I put a lot of blame into experienced traders too, they're doing absolutely nothing wrong because they're breaking no rules, but taking out funds in anticipation and causing huge price falls is destined to cause panic among the newer traders.
    This is where we see the huge difference between investment and gambling, we seriously need FI to get this damn announcement out of the way, and possibly stop this way of announcing things, they're a business i get that, and they're absolutely loving the commission right now, but do they not want this to be long term too ?? Rule no1 .. keep new traders intrested.

• If there was no announcement things would be fine and money would be going into champions league players/topboys and transfer targets.
    It’s really unsettled the market not knowing what the fuck is going on with the new dividend at a time when trading should be enjoyable with all the games and trophies to be won, it’s really taken the edge of it this last few weeks.
    Hopefully after the announcement things get back to normal.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.