Anonymous trading or make it just one name on all FI areas?

• Anyone else think accounts should just have one name for forum and trading?

You could then see if people do as they preach on the forum.

Also, harder to pump n dump- many seem to change trade names in between sales/purchases to try and disguise the boosting. e.g. 'Harry S' is one name someone uses but is usually immediately followed by 3 other names pumping same Panamian/Korean- i think its the same person switching names between buys. For all we know 'Harry S' is one of the high rep guys on here? Keyser S繹ze style ay @Misto @Advinculas-Index @Andy-M ?

Final reason- some set their trader name to a high profile FI trader to dupe others into following their actions.

I have seen people use the same name in trading and foruming e.g. spotted @Vespasian32 buying one day and it did back up what he was currently spouting on the forum at the time...

Or do people prefer the anonymity when trading?

• @Westy

I don't think it even matters.

Do your own research with any purchase.

But I can say for certain, there is a reason guys like @Misto, @Advinculas-Index, @Andy-M and the likes have trusted reputations on the forum.

They have consistently provided guidance, advice and counsel to other users, with no ulterior motive. They simply want to help and get enjoyment from doing so.

These guys have done more to increase confidence in the platform and grow the forum than some of the folk on the actual FI payroll.

For the record, I'm scrooge mcduck or something daft like that ... 不

• @johnboywalker said in Anonymous trading or make it just one name on all FI areas?:

@Westy

I don't think it even matters.

Do your own research with any purchase.

But I can say for certain, there is a reason guys like @Misto, @Advinculas-Index, @Andy-M and the likes have trusted reputations on the forum.

They have consistently provided guidance, advice and counsel to other users, with no ulterior motive. They simply want to help and get enjoyment from doing so.

These guys have done more to increase confidence in the platform and grow the forum than some of the folk on the actual FI payroll.

For the record, I'm scrooge mcduck or something daft like that ... 不

Wtf are you trying to make me cry ?? You know how sensitive i am, now I'm wondering if this is really @johnboywalker or @Ericali, @Ringers or @Boing-Boing just changed their names 不不不

On a more serious note, I always do my own research no matter what people say, I love this Forum and love the happy side of traders, especially if it's come from my advice 返

• I actually don't think 'user-names' should appear on the user-activity feed... who cares if Dave S has just bought x5 Phil Foden's???

I don't really get the fascination with 'other' peoples trading but i suppose it gives you a rough idea of who's buying what so some sort of chart which covers this i think would be better...? I like the idea of more stats, more transaction news, perhaps even a 'transfer list' where user A sets a price for user B to buy?? I do feel the current look and layout is very vague though and really they don't need to show too much more than a buy price, sell price and price trend chart although i would like to see 'total' career dividends or season dividend wins listed as this can be used as a guide when buying new futures?

But even if my name was listed next to buying futures it wouldn't bother me... Incidentally.. when i started we used to have a trader of the month or trader of the week thing which listed those in a table like fashion... i really liked the idea of that although it never seemed to kick on for one reason or another??? maybe adding that and incentivising with prizes would boost investment..?

• @dannypea im one that does have my beady eyes on the activity reel quite often. As you say... Good feel for who's hot and who's not. And also a judgement as to whether players are market listed or IS. All feeds into my trading algorithm.

Sometimes I will look out for certain names. As @Westy says...harry s is a known pump n dump... If I happen to see him buying I pile in quick knowing the price will rise quick and I sell as soon as I cover commission and profit. Buying 500 shares means a quick 瞿5 in matter of 30 seconds. Always on players with virtually no spread in case get stung timing wise the odd occasion.

• @Westy yes subjectively I agree with ur gist... I'd like it to be the same username.

Objectively, failing the above... At a minimum your account name in terms of trading should be fixed at the point you create your account. Don't really see why you would chop n change ur name except to create a false illusion to the rest of the market

• @Vespasian32 fair play... didn't realise people would use that activity bar as a trading tool but i suppose we all have different ways of investing which is the beauty of it all?

I really can't tell that much from it myself.. user A buys a few good for him... user B instant sells so what? But that's my opinion.. i totally get that others would use it more frequently... my actual concern would be is it even that accurate???

• @Andy-M said in Anonymous trading or make it just one name on all FI areas?:

@johnboywalker said in Anonymous trading or make it just one name on all FI areas?:

Wtf are you trying to make me cry ?? You know how sensitive i am, now I'm wondering if this is really @johnboywalker or @Ericali, @Ringers or @Boing-Boing just changed their names 不不不

I was beginning to think you were changing your name and bigging yourself up

• @dannypea said in Anonymous trading or make it just one name on all FI areas?:

@Vespasian32 fair play... didn't realise people would use that activity bar as a trading tool but i suppose we all have different ways of investing which is the beauty of it all?

I really can't tell that much from it myself.. user A buys a few good for him... user B instant sells so what? But that's my opinion.. i totally get that others would use it more frequently... my actual concern would be is it even that accurate???

I find the Activity tool really useful for highlighting players I have never heard of. Piggy-backing on someone else's research! Of course, I do my own research afterwards & have discovered gems.

• For the record my FI username is Luke M. I don't instantly practice what I preach as I can only deposit on or around payday. I do eventually always practice what I preach though.

After taking it very steady for the first 2 weeks when I joined, I'm now at 2k portfolio value and even after seeing nearly 瞿100 of profit wiped out during the last week or so (I know, I know - it's not a huge amount compared with some of you) I will be around for a long time yet.

• @dannypea
    reliability is an issue... But its fairly obvious when it's kicking out false or repetitive data. That's why I'm annoyed right now it is only showing instant sells, not market sells.

One use of that info when it's working... Is to monitor which players have no sell queue... So you know if you decide to list then you are guaranteed to get your money back quickly and for likely the price u list at.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.