Just figured out the Media conundrums.

• The times are not accurate, more for example.

So last night I was hoping Messi would hold on to the MB, he had 1020 at say 11pm.
    From absolutely nowhere comes Mr Ramsey, ok fair enough he probably deserved it, passes Messi with 1060, bugger bugger bugger.
    11.50pm I decide to have a look and see Messi also has 1060, yes yes yes, but wait a minute... why is he not leading ??? Most recent article wins in a tie right ??
    I went through the articles of Messi and found nothing since around 10pm.... hmmmmm, seems like FI have started correcting incorrect scores from the automatic scoring system.
    Makes a hell of a lot of sense to why certain articles have been disappearing and reappearing recently, I even saw 1 article for 60points vanish and come back 3 hours later as 20 points last week, I checked the score and 20 was correct, this can only be positive for the future in my opinion 😁👌🏻

• Ramsey winning is positive for my present as well.

• Messi should have won @Andy-M according to the buzz website he got the last unique story at 11.41pm. I will tweet and email now. Just mentioning you should have them paying out in no time.

0_1555046186040_upload-234fb4f5-061f-40cb-80eb-7d8a1eff782a

• Exactly that.
    Messi had the last article.
    Ramsey got a 160 (unjustified 160? Maybe not but Messi got the last article. Which makes him the winner!)

1_1555053333420_E8BB1231-A68B-401A-B867-D282F17B9078.jpeg 0_1555053333419_66599D05-3768-4621-A4F5-DC9DFA4AE148.jpeg

• @Sicario said in Just figured out the Media conundrums.:

Exactly that.
    Messi had the last article.
    Ramsey got a 160 (unjustified 160? Maybe not but Messi got the last article. Which makes him the winner!)

1_1555053333420_E8BB1231-A68B-401A-B867-D282F17B9078.jpeg 0_1555053333419_66599D05-3768-4621-A4F5-DC9DFA4AE148.jpeg

Not unjustified.

Praise +3
    Win +4
    Mention +1

8 x 20 = 160

• Guys, send a quick Email to CS, not complaining, just to help them to pay out the mistake, it's 100% that Messi had last article, the rules state last article wins, cheers.

• got an email addy ?

• @Andy-M Done

• Getting sorted

0_1555069343445_Screenshot_20190412-134151_Outlook.jpg

• Do i lose my stolen ramsey mb divs?

• @LuaLua
    No, when they've balls'd up they let you keep the dividends and pay double dividends, so owners of Ramsey & Messi will get payouts.

Thanks @Andy-M

• @LuaLua if you hold both then you may just get the difference if you are owed, but you won't pay anything back 100%

• And this is the thing that not enough people appreciate, yes FI make mistakes with payouts and we've all jumped on here moaning but FI have never debited anyone (as far as I'm aware) and they always pay out the correct winners eventually!

I contacted CS about missing Cazorla IPDs, they then paid them twice by mistake, as I specifically asked CS about the missing payouts I replied to tell them about the error but no debit :-)

• @AT10 said in Just figured out the Media conundrums.:

And this is the thing that not enough people appreciate, yes FI make mistakes with payouts and we've all jumped on here moaning but FI have never debited anyone (as far as I'm aware) and they always pay out the correct winners eventually!

I contacted CS about missing Cazorla IPDs, they then paid them twice by mistake, as I specifically asked CS about the missing payouts I replied to tell them about the error but no debit :-)

Not short of cash obviously.... a good sign for us all for many reasons.

• @AT10 To be fair this topic was created by myself, and it wasn't a complaint this time, it was something I'd realised recently, say a post for 60points vanishing and then reappearing after 5 hours for 40points, that was really confusing because I saw a certain player leading with 360 points yesterday, then he was in 2nd with 300 all of a sudden, then he went uo to 340, I'd actually read the articles and realised that the same 60 point article that had vanished was the same one that came back with less points.
    It was good to see that they're correcting incorrect scores, but the 40 points story for Messi was a screw up and if we don't pick up on it then I doubt they'll pay out.

• @Andy-M said in Just figured out the Media conundrums.:

@AT10 To be fair this topic was created by myself, and it wasn't a complaint this time, it was something I'd realised recently, say a post for 60points vanishing and then reappearing after 5 hours for 20points, that was really confusing because I saw a certain player leading with 360 points yesterday, then he was in 2nd with 300 all of a sudden, then he went uo to 340, I'd actually read the articles and realised that the same 60 point article that had vanished was the same one that came back with less points.
    It was good to see that they're correcting incorrect scores, but the 40 points story for Messi was a screw up and if we don't pick up on it then I doubt they'll pay out.

Having gotten my head around the media buzz scoring system I'd be interested to know what the article was that was originally 60 points and downgraded to 20 points. Have you got screenshots?

I'm at a loss why it would be downgraded seeing as it uses a sentiment scoring system - unless the words in the headline change.

• @Yellow Unfortunately I don't have the screenshots, there was no reason to take a screenshot at that moment, didn't become strange until the points went down... one thing I'll confirm is it was same story, same paper, different time, probably a word taken from headline, or an incorrect system score for a word, maybe they'd wrote a certain word twice by mistake, absolutely no idea mate, sometimes i wish i didn't notice these things 😂😂

• @Andy-M said in Just figured out the Media conundrums.:

@Yellow Unfortunately I don't have the screenshots, there was no reason to take a screenshot at that moment, didn't become strange until the points went down... one thing I'll confirm is it was same story, same paper, different time, probably a word taken from headline, or an incorrect system score for a word, maybe they'd wrote a certain word twice by mistake, absolutely no idea mate, sometimes i wish i didn't notice these things 😂😂

I'm assuming the media outlet may have just taken the story down and republished a few hours later with different wording (hence why it vanished and then came back with a different score). I'd be concerned if FI were taking stories down, changing the scores and putting them back up as that lacks a lot of transparency. For example, say Pogba was leading MB one day, FI could then take down a load of Pogba stories and reintroduce them as 20 points each and end up paying out (considerably less) to holders of another player instead.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.