Let's Talk About Lionel

• Most Star Man PBs this year.
    Regular MB.
    More MB through Champion's League.
    No drop over the summer as guaranteed MB winner and no transfer worries like Pogba.

He's actually a bargain!

• For a minute I thought we was gonna dance on the ceiling!
    I agree.... cheapest price hes been for a long time!! Hes a beast!

• He is a PB beast.

But he will drop over the summer as their is no games & he's not going to transfer anywhere.

Plus he's 31

• @Lukeroro yeah he should be a similar or higher price than pogba in my opinion.if he’s held back by his age that’s ridicolus as he’s got plenty of years left in him

• @Ericali plus he's 31 lol, so you're telling me he has another good 3 years minimum in him... I'm excited to see him next year, Barcelona will invest this summer and get players around him (such as De Jong) and they will be a scary team . He's the only player I haven't thought about selling recently even after his little dip, he'll soon make it back with performances

• I think he can easily go on for another 3 years as a PB monster... Dropping deeper to midfield wll still be a pass master and on set pieces.

But I sold all my shares around the split when he went from £14 to £17.50...

Hes someone I want to own for dividends but he seems to depreciate a lot more in value than he wins in divs. Just how the majority of the market behaves unfortunately

• @Dave80 he may have another 3 good years in him (34) in that time if he is still performing, like Ronaldo is - he should be a similar price.

Which is about £2.50...

That would be around about a 55% drop on his current price price so he has to win £2.50+ in dividends over the next 3 years to represent value.

Of course, assuming he stays as a top player like Ronaldo has managed to do.

• @Ericali but that would be to break even... Do u want money locked into FI for 3 years to make nothing?! He is an FI contradiction... Best dividend winner but not worth holding

• @Vespasian32 maybe. But with the summer approaching he'll be in and around the media. Money will come out of first teamers for IPDs and go into big hitters and youngsters.

• @Ericali said in Let's Talk About Lionel:

@Dave80 he may have another 3 good years in him (34) in that time if he is still performing, like Ronaldo is - he should be a similar price.

Which is about £2.50...

That would be around about a 55% drop on his current price price so he has to win £2.50+ in dividends over the next 3 years to represent value.

Of course, assuming he stays as a top player like Ronaldo has managed to do.

Normally I would agree that Ronaldo’s price now would be a good marker for what Messi could be in two years time. Except for one massive difference.- Messi doesn’t have a career ending rape allegation hanging over him like the grim reapers scyth. Ronaldo can actually feel his breath on the back of his neck. Without this, ronaldo would up near what he was before the allegations- and he was climbing steadily because of his incredible div return. As a result of Ronaldos fall from grace, the fear has seemingly spread to Messi. His drop coincides with Ronaldo’s. Pretty stupid really, but humans are emotional beasts I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Messi has at least 2 years top level football left in him. His economical style of football (he walks around a lot, just orchestrating and tapping passes) means that he should be able to maintain an impressive PB average. I fully expect him to rise gradually with the natural inflation of the market. He perhaps won’t see the price bursts of the next generation of neymars, but there is a lot money left in the maestro.

• @Valhalla I don't understand how the rape allegation would have that big an influence on his price.. surely it's just his age? 🤔

We all know if he ever went to the USA again, the likelihood is he would be formally detained. So why in his right mind would he travel there while still playing his football career? It's a no brainer!

Juventus have even changed their pre-season plans from going to the States the past 3 years to now going to China instead.

The allegation will have zero impact on his football career.

• @Ericali said in Let's Talk About Lionel:

@Valhalla I don't understand how the rape allegation would have that big an influence on his price.. surely it's just his age? 🤔

We all know if he ever went to the USA again, the likelihood is he would be formally detained. So why in his right mind would he travel there while still playing his football career? It's a no brainer!

Juventus have even changed their pre-season plans from going to the States the past 3 years to now going to China instead.

The allegation will have zero impact on his football career.

0_1555316774240_upload-c21bf9af-b6ec-4c28-961a-89540375eb5f

• @Advinculas-Index I understand that.... But why? 🤔

He's not going to go to the States to get arrested is he??

He's not that dumb.

• @Ericali
    The rape allegation will have had a big influence on his price mainly because of knee jerk reactions, if the drop in his price had been purely down to age, it would have been a more gradual decrease.

• @Advinculas-Index but barring he doesn't go to the States - it's an irrelevant issue.

I know the drop in price is linked to the case but as long as he's not forcefully extradited it shouldn't be an issue, he not going to go there on holiday accidentally forgetting he has a rape charge hanging over him is he?

It's an issue he will eventually have to face but it's going to be after he hangs up his boots.

Juventus aren't going to ship him off to the USA... This is evident is the fact they are now doing pre-season in China.

For traders it should have zero impact in his price (obviously not the case as you pointed out) but logically looking at it here.

• @Ericali

@Ericali said in Let's Talk About Lionel:

@Valhalla I don't understand how the rape allegation would have that big an influence on his price.. surely it's just his age? 🤔

Quite

But my response was based on this comment.

• @Ericali you are thinking on real life terms and not FI terms. It's too simple if you put it that he wont go to America again.

• @Dan-w but it really is THAT simple.....

He won't (while he's still playing professional football)

• @Ericali being a suspected rapist who is running from the law won’t help his price. It will restrict his movements for a start. Perhaps the pressure and evidence builds so much that ppl start boycotting games, sponsorship deals evaporate, the media harassment starts to affect him mentally and he struggles to perform on the pitch (like tiger woods scandal), perhaps he could get deported/forced to face allegations. There are many ways a rape allegation can effect ronaldo as a safe FI investment. It was a game changer.

• @Valhalla said in Let's Talk About Lionel:

being a suspected rapist who is running from the law won’t help his price. It will restrict his movements for a start. Perhaps the pressure and evidence builds so much that ppl start boycotting games, sponsorship deals evaporate, the media harassment starts to affect him mentally and he struggles to perform on the pitch (like tiger woods scandal), perhaps he could get deported/forced to face allegations. There are many ways a rape allegation can effect ronaldo as a safe FI investment. It was a game changer.

Also this was pointed out at the time, from memory he was £15 (so £5 post SS equivalent) & I advocated he was a sell (although I've never owned him) but was told he was an FI beast & none of this mattered, it would all blow over. He's now half that price & I don't ever see his price recovering, sometimes a bit of detached analysis is more valuable than blind faith.

On Messi I don't see the same risk levels but age is an underplayed factor on FI & can seem irrelevant whilst ever the PB/MB wins roll in but ANYONE over 30 has a level of price decay affect their value even the greatest.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.