You do NOT have to sell players to qualify for the bonuses

• Our Summer Trading Bonus is here. We’ve split it into two Parts.

In Part 1, we’re giving you a massive Cash Bonus worth 10% of your total Net Buys.

Net Buys are calculated as the difference between your total Buys and your total Sells (if your Sells exceed your Buys, you won’t qualify for the Promotion).

The Promotion Period for Part 1 of our Summer Trading Bonus starts at 12:00:00 on 15th April 2019, and finishes at 23:59:59 on 30th April 2019. Between those times, your Cash Bonus will be worth 10% of your Net Buys. The maximum Cash Bonus is £1,000.

So, if your Net Buys reach £10,000 - you’ll be getting a Cash Bonus of £1,000 on 1st May 2019.

We’re not stopping there. The second Promotion Period starts from 00:00:00 on 1st May 2019 to 23:59:59 on 30th June 2019, during which we’re giving you a 5% Cash Bonus on your Net Buys. The maximum Cash Bonus for Part 2 is a huge £2,000.

Part 2 pays out on 1st July 2019.

The maximum combined Cash Bonus is £3,000.

If you missed out on Part 1, don’t worry - Part 2 is still open to all of our Traders.

There’s no withdrawal restriction on the Summer Trading Bonus - so you can continue to withdraw money from your Account and not affect your Cash Bonus.

Traders have to opt-in for the Summer Trading Bonus (below) and if you opt-in for Part 1, you’ll automatically be opted-in for Part 2. It doesn’t matter if you opt-in on the first day of the Promotion Period or the last day, you’ll still qualify for the entire respective Part of the Promotion Period.

Please note: if you opt-in after Part 1 has ended, you will not qualify for Part 1 of the Promotion. However, if you’re still within the time-frame of Part 2 - you’ll be opted-in for this.

Full T&Cs here:

trade.footballindex.co.uk/summerbonus19/

To get Part 1 max bonus of £1000@10%, your net buys must be £10k
    To get Part 2 max bonus of £2000@5%, your net buys must be £40k

• @Ollie are you sure? Requirement 4 is quite specific!

• @Ollie as you say. Clearly states players have to be sold too.

I may ask tomorrow about the clarity over the wording number of shares sold can be no greater than bought.

Is that shares as in number of shares or value of shares. Wording seems to state shares as in shares.

• @Millerman that bit is confusing too?
    The amount of futures is irrelevant surely.

If I sold 100 of some unknown Panamanian goalkeeper at 8p a pop, a then buy 2 neymar at £8
    I should be +£8 and get 80p.
    The number is nothing, the value is all??

• The small print is wrong apparently, re-edit at 12.55pm

• @Vespasian32

The content of this thread has me confused.

The terminology "shares" suggests that there's only one way to win the bonus.
    Sell at the top, buy higher volume, lower down.

If people are lumping in to the top 10 for media, they are likely selling shares (of cheaper players) at higher volumes, in doing so sacrificing the 10% and 5% net buy bonuses ?

@Ringers - Essentially making Neymar and Pogba ineligible for the net buy bonus (unless paid for with "new" money) ?

• @C-Arroyo at the end of the month they will total up the amount you have bought and the amount you have sold. If you have bought 10k and sold 10k you get zero bonus. If wait to sell that 10k on May 1st when the qualifying period is over you get the full 10% £1k bonus. So yes, if ppl are selling other players to buy more players they are actually cancelling out the amount of bonus they will get. That’s the way I see it anyway. Just don’t sell for 15 days! Simple as that.

• @Valhalla

Yes but what if you sell 9k of Buffon and De Gea.
    Then buy 11k of Neymar and Pogba.

???

Are you paid a bonus on the 2k net ?
    Or are you ineligible for any bonus on the basis of having "sold more shares than you bought" ?

• On one hand it could be reading too much into the terminology used...typical semantic BS which is ever annoying.

Or on the other hand it could be an intentional incentive to lower the value of likely MB winners over the summer, saving FI money on dividends paid in that area.

If it is the latter case scenario then people need to do some number crunching to work out which offers more...
    (a) MB
    (b) Net Bonus
    As prices concentrate in MB winners during these months -this stratification will increase.

• @Ericali

Can you provide any clarity on this ?

Up until this thread I had simply looked at the bonus in the way you've articulated clearly - % on dividends reinvested.

• @Millerman said in You do NOT have to sell players to qualify for the bonuses:

I may ask tomorrow about the clarity over the wording number of shares sold can be no greater than bought.
    Is that shares as in number of shares or value of shares. Wording seems to state shares as in shares.

Good point.

@Ringers said in You do NOT have to sell players to qualify for the bonuses:

The number is nothing, the value is all??

Is that a "safe" assumption ?

• @C-Arroyo said in You do NOT have to sell players to qualify for the bonuses:

@Ericali

Can you provide any clarity on this ?

Up until this thread I had simply looked at the bonus in the way you've articulated clearly - % on dividends reinvested.

Good point @C-Arroyo, I originally thought it was the same as you - actual shares bought against shares sold.

But this can't be the case because how would they work out how much you was paid in your bonus if monetorey value wasn't measured? 🤔

"In Part 1, we’re giving you a massive Cash Bonus worth 10% of your total Net Buys"

^^
    The above line quoted from the promotion should clear this up - cash bonus against the total net buys, this couldn't be done if it was just shares bought Vs shares sold.

That's my take anyway.

For me this just means buys into the MB players (as most seem to have already done last night) has seen their capital appreciation grow & any dividends you earn from the MB players in "winnings" are invested back into the platform to qualify you for the bonus.

The beauty of this promotion is even the older dividends winners should hold their value over the next 3 months as people can buy them for their dividends safe in the knowledge that many will refuse to sell until they qualify for the bonuses. 👌So even I they don't see capital appreciation, there dividends returns coupled with the fact not many will be selling should see them at least retain there price.

Good news for the 30 year+ dividends returners until the promotion ends. 💰

• I have dropped the CS team a message and will let you know the response I get back.

Doubt it will affect many of us, but someone might end up spending 100 quid on players and flogging 50 quids worth and thinking they will end up with a fiver in bonus. Only to find out they had actually bought 100 shares and ended up selling 101. Hardly likely, but you never know.

• @Millerman if you buy £100 of shares & sell £50 your net value is £50.

So 10% of this £5. 👍 Which would be your bonus.

Whereas if you buy £100 of shares & sell none, your net value is £100.

So 10% of this is £10 - which would be your bonus entitlement.

You do NOT have to buy & sell to qualify for the bonus. 👌

• @Ericali so if I was to buy £10k worth of shares and sold none of those shares, I’ll receive 1k in bonuses? I think the confusion is, are those 10k worth of shares referred to as amount of futures brought against futures sold or amount of value in £’s brought and sold? (Hope that makes sense)

• @Ericali

1. Requirement: Traders must buy and sell shares during the above promotional period resulting in net buys - Think we all get this one.

Note: You will not be eligible for a bonus payout should you sell more shares than you have purchased during the promotional period. This applies to both parts of the offer. Here lays the confusion for me.

So in your example.

if you buy £100 of shares & sell £50 your net value is £50
    So 10% of this £5. 👍 Which would be your bonus (Totally get it, nice and simple, no worries).

Whereas if you buy £100 of shares & sell none, your net value is £100.
    So 10% of this is £10 - which would be your bonus entitlement (Yup, get it again).

You do NOT have to buy & sell to qualify for the bonus. 👌 (Disagree, see point 4 above taken from the t and c's

In your example it doesn't show someone who already has a load of tat in their portfolio, but invested a load of coin and decides to offload all that tat resulting in selling more shares than buying - thus not being eligible for the bonus. (example, buys 500 quids worth of a player at a quid, resulting in 500 shares. Sells 750 shares at £0.50 resulting in £375, so £500 - £375 = £125, I am expecting 10%...wrong as I have sold more shares than I have bought.

That's what I am not 100% clear about - I guess I know the answer, but I just want it 100% clear in my mind as I am one of the newbies that has loads and loads of shares in total pups that I want to offload.

• @Failtips said in You do NOT have to sell players to qualify for the bonuses:

@Ericali so if I was to buy £10k worth of shares and sold none of those shares, I’ll receive 1k in bonuses? I think the confusion is, are those 10k worth of shares referred to as amount of futures brought against futures sold or amount of value in £’s brought and sold? (Hope that makes sense)

Yes - if you bought £10k & sold none you would receive the 1k.

There is some confusion over the bought & sold so as an extra precaution you may to best to market sell 1 share of your lowest value player so you can't be caught out on a technicality.

But essentially if you buy £10k of shares you will be eligible for a £1k on 30th April 👌

• @Millerman I don't think you have to buy & sell but as I advised @Failtips (above) for piece of mind you could token sell 1 share of your lowest value player on instant sell to make sure the promotion doesn't catch anyone out on a technicality.

That's the easiest way around it for piece of mind & safeguarding against any confusion👍😁

• Odd how the offer started before the announcement? I had players selling from 12pm, so I had a -£22.30 net spend before i even knew these sales would affect the upcoming offer at 7pm...

• @Westy Yeh it caught me out as well tryna be sneaky and withdraw before the announcement.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.