Top up time on Martial

• I've just bought 300 Martial, surely he's ridiculously underpriced now.. Β£2 is crazy, you can't even buy a Greenwood for that, it will get you half a Felix just about.
    Surely his price is going to rise again with a good performance, we all know that he's a great player on his day, oh well I'm sure he's not going to drop at least 😁

0_1555404485812_Screenshot_20190416-104734_Chrome Beta.jpg

@BarbayanBrawler

• No doubt @Andy-M he will rise again, but I'm not sure it will be anytime soon.

We could be eliminated from the CL tonight, plus he has recently signed a new contract, so no MB over the summer.

He will rise in time, like most good young players but it's whether you want your money tied up long term when others players are all πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• @Ericali so if he was to have a few belters and help United into CL spots you seriously don't think his price will rise a fair bit ? I certainly do, it's not only media players that will rise for next 2 months, otherwise the rest of the market will plummet.
    Very tough for us tonight mate, but don't give them the exit door before the games even started, I'm not hugely hopeful tonight either but I'm sure we had this discussion about PSG πŸ’ͺ🏻⚽️❀

• I topped up last night. He is an anomaly at the moment, just needs a run of games and he has potential to do very well with OGS.

• confidence seems shot at the moment. On Saturday he looked like he didnt think he could score and was glad to get hacked down for the pen because he didnt back himself 1-1. Long term hes surely a good bet at that price, just because hes signed a new contract too doesnt mean hes immune from leaving in the summer

• @Andy-M I agree this price is ridicolous, he's too good to be this low, unfortunatly I doubt he will get much MB over the summer which is the reason for the decrease . That saying though if he has a good few good last games and a decent pre season (simialir to sanchez last season) he will get some MB. Hopefully he does the opposite of sanchez and takes that form into the season.

• @Shippers Plenty of players cost more with even less chance of MB over the summer.

Martial might still make french squad. Might get a hair cut with Pogba too.

• @Andy-M said in Top up time on Martial:

@Ericali so if he was to have a few belters and help United into CL spots you seriously don't think his price will rise a fair bit ? I certainly do, it's not only media players that will rise for next 2 months, otherwise the rest of the market will plummet.
    Very tough for us tonight mate, but don't give them the exit door before the games even started, I'm not hugely hopeful tonight either but I'm sure we had this discussion about PSG πŸ’ͺ🏻⚽️❀

Of course, but the flip side is if his poor form continues & he doesn't help Utd into the Champions League places. Both sides of the coin...

The only near certaincy is he won't have much media over the summer.

Hope they can go through, just think we missed a trick at O.T when we didn't take advantage & it will come back to bite us.

Hopefully, I'm wrong!

• @Wilba said in Top up time on Martial:

confidence seems shot at the moment. On Saturday he looked like he didnt think he could score and was glad to get hacked down for the pen because he didnt back himself 1-1. Long term hes surely a good bet at that price, just because hes signed a new contract too doesnt mean hes immune from leaving in the summer

I’ve long thought it’s what’ll hold his career back.
    I think he shows a notable lack of confidence almost all the time, body language is a combination of nervousness and lack of drive. All imo of course.

• @Timothee-Atouba

The 'lack of drive' you speak of, infuriates me when I watch this lad.

He appears to have absolutely nothing about him. He doesnt inspire others, work for the team, or stand up to be counted.

Against a team like Barca, where the possession count is likely to be 65% + in favour of the home team, he will skulk about the park, doing nothing.

I hope for Man Utds sake, he doesnt start tonight.

• @johnboywalker Bloody talented though!

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Top up time on Martial:

@johnboywalker Bloody talented though!

I agree, but all the talent in the world and very little effort will likely result in potential unfulfilled.

• @johnboywalker said in Top up time on Martial:

@Timothee-Atouba said in Top up time on Martial:

@johnboywalker Bloody talented though!

I agree, but all the talent in the world and very little effort will likely result in potential unfulfilled.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard. πŸ‘

• @Ericali

0_1555437980628_IMG-20190416-WA0003.jpg

He starts tonight.

I can't see this turning out good for Utd.

• Rashford Hat-trick then Dembele off the bench to score a brace and win it please :)

• @johnboywalker Young, oh crap and Dalot on the bench. Didn't OGS watch the last game, sure he was there.

• @johnboywalker I'd have had Dalot & Lukaku in for Own goal-Jones & Lingard.

Martial for Lingard at h/t would have been my sub if he's having one of his not arsed games.

I'd have started him as much like Nani - when he has a good day, he has a VERY good day.

They are just few & far between.

• @Misto

If Utd are going to camp in their own half, this will end up a battering.

De Gea has to be better in possession. If he panics and punts the ball away every time (like he did against West Ham), it will end up with 70% possession to Barca.

I also hope they don't persist in trying to pressurise Ter Stegen when he has the ball. It is a massive waste of energy. He is technically better and more composed on the ball than half the Utd team. 🀣

• @johnboywalker I think it will end up 65%+ possession not matter what United do. The only chance is Barcelona having a off day and United having a super game. From what I can see Barcelona have lost once at home this season v Real Betis 4 - 3.

• @MrWh1te said in Top up time on Martial:

Rashford Hat-trick then Dembele off the bench to score a brace and win it please :)

Would that not be 3-3 and United win 😁