Vinicius Junior

• What's everyone's thoughts on him? Out injured till end of the season. Zidane to overhaul the squad. Will his price rise more than it is? I currently hold but in two minds whether to sell now (at a decent profit) or hold for longer

• I got in late and currently hold at a loss but he's slowly started to creep up.

Looks like he could be back towards the end of this month and hopefully back to full fitness in May - I am holding and gambling on him making the Copa America squad (He was in Brazil a few weeks ago doing some promo for it).

If I held at a decent profit i'd probably be tempted to cash in though.

• This post is deleted!

• Only thing putting me off cashing in is that he can easily be the next Neymar and I wouldn't want to miss out on that (long-term). But at the same time, if Madrid buy Hazard, Mbappe or Mane then he might not get as much game time next season. Its a tough one

• @S4KUR I don't think playing 90 minutes every week did him any favours before. I think he would generate more hype playing the last 15/20 mins of a game against tired defences.

But yea your right his potential is huge - its crazy to think that he is just 18.

• @S4KUR said in Vinicius Junior:

Only thing putting me off cashing in is that he can easily be the next Neymar and I wouldn't want to miss out on that (long-term). But at the same time, if Madrid buy Hazard, Mbappe or Mane then he might not get as much game time next season. Its a tough one

I fully expect Madrid to buy Hazard or similar in the summer.

But I am almost 100% certain that does not spell trouble for VJ. He has been the only player during this dismal season to get pass marks.

They paid 40 odd million to get him. The fans adore him and he is the only 'direct' player in that Madrid squad, with the exception of Vasquez, who I think we can all agree, isn't good enough for Real Madrid.

Bale is gone. That's a certainty.

VJ, Benzema and Hazard up front would terrorise any defence in world football.

• @johnboywalker
    Rodrygo also a threat?

• seemed to kick on under Solari before injuring himself v Ajax where he had a great chance to score 0-2 down before his injury... Who knows things could have been so different???

I can't see him not improving as a player under Zidane but I wonder if by the end of the summer Real Madrid do buy big that he might be left further down the pecking order??

I see no reason to invest now but will probably watch his International Champions Cup matches with interest as if ZZ believes in him from early on he could have a big season in what might be a new look and exciting squad??

• @NewUser297399 said in Vinicius Junior:

@johnboywalker
    Rodrygo also a threat?

I think he will be second choice to start with, but if the reports are to be believed, Rodrygo and VJ are a future double act for club and country.

Zidane loves Benzema, and will give him every opportunity possible next season, but Rodrygo is the natural successor.

I foresee a massive clear out coming at that club though, with the likes of Bale, Kroos and maybe even Courtois being the big name leavers.

• tbf to Benzema he's the one player that has performed under Zidane this season!!! don't see any issue with him staying and he may be decent IPD hold in the first months of the new season??

• Reports in Marca that Madrid want Jovic.

I think if Hazard goes Madrid it will seriously hamper VJ's game time.

• @Ericali said in Vinicius Junior:

Reports in Marca that Madrid want Jovic.

And so the United links will begin...

0_1555422800949_upload-b9d95c7d-a179-4cd3-bead-e7a7ae69d34b

Reports in Marca that Madrid want Jovic.

Reports everywhere that everybody wants Jovic ...

No clear idea where he will end up though.

• @Chris-J VJ holders will truly wish that!

• @johnboywalker me neither, other than he's likely to be on the move.

Very hard to say no to Madrid thought if they came calling & Marca are something of an 'unofficial' mouthpiece for the club

@johnboywalker me neither, other than he's likely to be on the move.

Very hard to say no to Madrid thought if they came calling & Marca are something of an 'unofficial' mouthpiece for the club

Yeah, I check the Marca website every few days, mainly due to my Asensio futures and my previously held VJ futures. I sold up on VJ at the time of his injury, with a healthy profit. I still believe he is the real deal.

Over the past few months, Marca has linked Real Madrid with everyone from Sadio Mane and Mbappe, to Hazard, Neymar and Icardi.

It is all just wild speculation, fuelled by greedy agents. At least the Hazard move has been endorsed by the player himself, giving it far more credence.

• Madrid will be getting a winger and a striker for next season, Isco and Asensio will be staying.

I read a couple of weeks ago, that the plan from upstairs at Madrid is to send out Vinicius on loan, where was not specified.

• Technically hes brilliant. If you like someone who can't score goals he is your man :)

• @NeverWin said in Vinicius Junior:

Technically hes brilliant. If you like someone who can't score goals he is your man :)

You trolling again pal?

Have you watched him this season? I presume not. If you had, you would know it is only a matter of time before the chances turn into goals.

He is 18 years old and admittedly far from the finished article. With that in mind, I am terrified at the thought of what a 21 year old VJ will be like ... as are most La Liga defenders.

Regarding the loan move, I'd be very surprised if that happened. But if it did, I'd be getting back on board as he has all the makings of a PB monster.

• @NeverWin said in Vinicius Junior:

Technically hes brilliant. If you like someone who can't score goals he is your man :)

Look out! here comes the fun vacuum again

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.