Should I trade more?

• I hold around 12,000 shares in 15/16players

Sterling, neymar, Pog, salah, hazard, sancho, ozil.eriksen, alderweild, mendy, sane, iwobi ๐Ÿ˜‚ etc

Quite a bit of money tied up in some 20% in sterling alone

My portfolio is mainly dividend based and have returned 5% from 6 months and fuether 25% cap appreciation

I suppose my theory is do people regularly buy in and out as I tend to miss out on trends and players going up as tend to buy and hold

Just wondering what peopleโ€™s thoughts/plan are

My port is very nearly all media heavy as Built to do well over summer except iwobi as thought he might do well (I was wrong) ๐Ÿ˜‚

I say this as had 1 share in felix, Pepe, kaloud, greasing to keep track and all have risen 30-50p since I brought over 1/2 weeks ago?

Sorry for the long ass post ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• I would and have.
    The initial bonus is basically offering you 10% on a ยฃ10000 short term investment, that's before any capital appreciation and dividends you may earn.
    However, the value can go up as well as down obviously.
    I think it's about how much faith you have in the Index.

• 30% in 6 months is a dam good return in my opinion.
    Keep doing what you are doing ๐Ÿ‘

• @EMBO90 said in Should I trade more?:

I hold around 12,000 shares in 15/16players

Sterling, neymar, Pog, salah, hazard, sancho, ozil.eriksen, alderweild, mendy, sane, iwobi ๐Ÿ˜‚ etc

Quite a bit of money tied up in some 20% in sterling alone

My portfolio is mainly dividend based and have returned 5% from 6 months and fuether 25% cap appreciation

I suppose my theory is do people regularly buy in and out as I tend to miss out on trends and players going up as tend to buy and hold

Just wondering what peopleโ€™s thoughts/plan are

My port is very nearly all media heavy as Built to do well over summer except iwobi as thought he might do well (I was wrong) ๐Ÿ˜‚

I say this as had 1 share in felix, Pepe, kaloud, greasing to keep track and all have risen 30-50p since I brought over 1/2 weeks ago?

Sorry for the long ass post ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Seems like you're doing well. I had a 30% return in my first 6 months too. Carry on what you're doing.

• I think it really depends. Do you have the time to get on and off trends?

Sunday was my 1 year anniversary on here and I took the opportunity to take stock of how much I had returned and if I was happy with how I had done it. The answer to both questions was yes, but I realise it involved quite lot of trading in and out of players, which in turn involved a lot of research. Although I really enjoy the research and I will still do it, I'm going to scale it back as I'm concerned I may become a cave dwelling recluse otherwise. So now I'm adding a range of media players to get that constant drip of money into my balance, but will keep a relatively smaller pot of cash for the 'flippy' players so I spend less time doing this and go outside and get a bit more vitamin D in my life.

I would say one of the best things about FI is the range of ways of making money. There is no wrong way of doing it (apart from pump and dumping Iranian third choice keepers) and as long as you have an approach you enjoy and feel in control of, that's proving successful for you then crack on with that I say ๐Ÿ‘

• Cheers I know itโ€™s nothing to be sniffed at, 30% isnโ€™t exactly like Iโ€™m doing something wrong!

I supposed it doesnโ€™t matter as long as making money, just when you see other ports go from 10k to 50k in less time you question your strategy, and also human nature of wanting more steps in!

Maybe Iโ€™ll give iwobi until the end of the season ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚

• I am very much a long term holder as well. I try and predict trends (with success and failure) too. I would say though that one of my key strategies, and I am a conservative trader, is as soon as a player has hit a profit mark of 50-100% profit or more I will seek to sell a chunk of them back to market to seal in some of that profit. Until that point the profit is only a number on a screen! My reasons for selling and at what point between 50-100% vary but I am keen to take some of the money and redistribute it!

• It depends, Iโ€™ve been watching martial and rashford tank slowly especially martial I finally sold most of my shares a few days ago and put it into transfers where it is working better, already made the money back and where it should be for the next month.
    I might buy Rash back if he really drops but you can see there is a lot of money waiting to be pumped into transfers this year as more users.

• Itโ€™s hard as none of my players I want to sell but then I shouldnโ€™t be attached to them as can re buy back in? I think I need to be less holdy to a certain extent?

• @EMBO90 I know the feeling! If you have selected players you are confident, for specific reasons, will be PB or MB holds now and into the future then hold, even if they are dropping. However, if the reasons why you bought into the players have changed fundementally and they are dropping in price then it would be worth re-assessing why you hold them and potentially selling them up.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.