Fred

• Is Fred starting to show some form? Looked on match buzz and heโ€™s top ( out of all united players) which is very strange ... I know man united lost but did they play that bad... ( Liverpool fan) I own a few Fredโ€™s from start of season ๐Ÿ˜‚ ... will he be sold in summer transfer hoping to get some media buzz out of him.

• @D.R.Allenballs
    With how much they invested in Fred I canโ€™t see them letting him go this summer, especially with the likely departure of Herrera.

IMO they will look to add 2 new CM, one to replace Herrera and a world class creative midfielder.

Personally I think he will see roughly the same amount of game time next season. However with OGS having a full preseason with the squad anything can happen!

• @D.R.Allenballs for me Fred was atrocious last night. I think if he was the best player on the United team that only shows how bad they were.

• did he get bonus points for having the ball put through his legs the most??? Him and Phil Jones would be right up there!!!!

• Miles off, terrible. United need at least eight new players to challenge again for me and I wouldnโ€™t keep Pogba. To justify a huge ego you need to produce every week at a world class level ala Ronaldo.

• Fred, Young, Jones, Sanchez, Rojo should be straight out the door - I'd take 60m for the lot.

Herrera, Mata & Valencia look like they are off on free transfers.

Shaw, Martial & Lukaku are drinking in the last chance saloon, 130m?? ๐Ÿค”

Need a CD, FB, 2x CM & RW. 5 players are needed.

Alderweireld (25m), Sandro (40m), Rice (50m), Niguez (50m) & Bergwijn (35m) would be mine choices - that's 200m.

To go for Sancho would be too expensive considering the surgery we require.

• @Ericali I would just swap Bergwijn with more of an A-lister out of that lot. You could do with Dybala too. No craft in that side really.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Fred:

@Ericali I would just swap Bergwijn with more of an A-lister out of that lot. You could do with Dybala too. No craft in that side really.

I'd be fine with that suggestion but Dybala would cost you more - I'd even take Fekir.

• Anybody else frustrated seeing Greenwood smashing in freekicks for fun in the under 23s and then we have to watch Rashy and Young line up to fire one high wide and mighty each time we get fouled outside the box? I know a lot of you have got him down as Macheda 2.0 but we could really do with him in the first team now, never mind big names in the summer. It seems counter intuitive to criticize city's use of their academy players, then chase Sancho all summer who would hold back Chong and Greenwood (who's stats at youth level are superior to Sancho's). We deffo need signings, but Ole needs to do what he promised and use our outstanding academy to our advantage. Gomes in for Mata, Greenwood for Lukaku, Laird for Young, Garner for Matic/Herrera, Chong for Sanchez, Tuanzebe for Bailey, the players are there already. Add to that Wan-bissaka in for Darmian, a top shelf center back for Jones, and there would be funds left for a shirt selling superstar.

• I'm not a United fan but just done an article/blog on where i think United should go from here and I suppose I would think that a huge clear out is what is needed (Jones, Smalling, Young, Mata, Valencia etc) with some sort of replacements from the top clubs in Europe that are punching above their weight... Skriniar at Inter? The Eintracht Frankfurt boys? A kid or two from Ajax or one of the Red Bull franchises?

But this season... Understand that United can still nick 3rd or 4th spot but I would perhaps trust those that are on the fringe and take a look at what Chong, Greenwood & co can do now???

Would think United 'must' play their full strength team over the next three games but depending on where they are at after it might be a good time to finish the season whilst looking at youngsters???

• @Jimbob said in Fred:

Anybody else frustrated seeing Greenwood smashing in freekicks for fun in the under 23s and then we have to watch Rashy and Young line up to fire one high wide and mighty each time we get fouled outside the box? I know a lot of you have got him down as Macheda 2.0 but we could really do with him in the first team now, never mind big names in the summer. It seems counter intuitive to criticize city's use of their academy players, then chase Sancho all summer who would hold back Chong and Greenwood (who's stats at youth level are superior to Sancho's). We deffo need signings, but Ole needs to do what he promised and use our outstanding academy to our advantage. Gomes in for Mata, Greenwood for Lukaku, Laird for Young, Garner for Matic/Herrera, Chong for Sanchez, Tuanzebe for Bailey, the players are there already. Add to that Wan-bissaka in for Darmian, a top shelf center back for Jones, and there would be funds left for a shirt selling superstar.

United need some winners and experience mate they donโ€™t need to ruin a decent prospect in an average team. Greenwood might be really good in a year or 2 but don't let your footballindex brain convince you he is ready to save United.
    Iโ€™m a United fan and love to see kids come through but lets think about this for a few seconds, proven quality is needed not a kid.

• @dannypea Smalling? I disagree with that l, I actually think he's been one of our better players. Wouldn't of said that two years ago but he has been okay of late. Less injuries, seems his vegan diet has changed him. Not saying he's anywhere near the quality we expected but he's done better this season. I'd rather get rid of jones to injury prone, I appreciate he puts his body on the line but he's unfortunatly not had a decent run of games and makes to many mistakes

• @Shippers you're probably right tbf... I'm not saying any mentioned are bad players.. but my point is that to push on and win things they need to improve on what they have.. Whilst Smalling would be an adequate stand in can you really see United winning leagues and champions leagues with him as there main stay centre half???

They need to improve at RB, CB, CM & CF as a minimum for me... if they do that they might then become realistic challengers for major honours??

• @Tom77 Nothing to do with the index, I'm in crazy profit in him and more will come. In real life, Utd don't have anybody who can take a free kick and it's embarrassing. Only Mata steps up with any confidence and he's rarely on the pitch. A solid centre back would be a nice addition, especially if they are captain material, but being linked with Sancho and Hudson Odoi is a joke when Greenwood is there already.

• @Jimbob said in Fred:

@Tom77 Nothing to do with the index, I'm in crazy profit in him and more will come. In real life, Utd don't have anybody who can take a free kick and it's embarrassing. Only Mata steps up with any confidence and he's rarely on the pitch. A solid centre back would be a nice addition, especially if they are captain material, but being linked with Sancho and Hudson Odoi is a joke when Greenwood is there already.

James Wilson and adnan januzaj used to bang in free kicks against children also.

Greenwood is not proven at the highest level. Sancho is there is no denying it. (CHO is also not at sancho level).

As for CB, Maguire for me.

• @dannypea I think RB we have Dalot but hes young and needs probably a decent preseason to cement that. I would take wan biasaka though really hope we try to buy him. 2 months ago we wouldn't didn't need this massive revamp however it seems suddenly we do because of a slightly bad run. I think the form of the team has unfortunatly come from certain players and the speculation of leaving. I probably wouldn't be entirely bothered if pogba goes, seems to disprutive and we replaced with say with a more consistent performer.

With Smalling I would be happy with him if we had someone alongside him say of ferdinand/vidic quality. We won the league with Ferdinand and Evans and no one would of ever though that, appreciate it's a different time though.

• @Jimbob you surely didn't compare Sancho with Greenwood. I'm a United fan and albeit this lad could be our future id take Sancho any day. He's already proving to be something else and they both play in different positions too.

• @Tom77 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ agree with every point there

• You can't win anything with kids.

• @Tom77 I wouldn't bring in another forward for big money without giving him a run of games first. Agreed, he isn't proven at the highest level, and that is what is so frustrating! Our front line has been shocking recently. Rashford has looked about 75% since the knock in the Liverpool game. Martial, probably our most gifted player doesn't look arsed, Lukaku is great when he's good, but might as well not show up the rest of the time, and Lingard has been off his game since his injury. And none of them can hit a free kick.
    Maguire might be a good shout at CB, I'm a little worried that the equaliser might want to get a "big name" in instead and spend all summer chasing his arse for Varane and koulibaly and end up with neither. Not saying he should start, but Tuanzebe should be back with us over Rojo, and Laird is an instant upgrade to Ashley Young. Ashley Young brings us great experience, in giving the ball away, looking out of his depth and costing us points.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.