FI general investment

• New to FI, less than a week in and my portfolio is steadily growing. Looking at the players obviously some prices grow quicker than others but does anyone else see FI as a general investment?

The growth of players from a year ago is almost like whoever you invest in you should hold as they just steadily incline (barring a few flops and old players for example).

Guessing this is because of more people joining the platform and investing so with the 3x advertisement budget should carry on this way.

• @NewUser66223 Welcome to the Index, I just this second wrote somewhere else about the whole market will eventually rise, apart from certain older players, bet it would be difficult t find many players with a lower price today than pre season.

How did you get such a low NewUser number ?? Have you been here a long time and only just invested?

• @Andy-M yes I created an account a couple of years ago but didn’t really go any further. Looking back now I wish I did although wouldn’t have had much to invest back then.

Since re-joining less than a week ago, my investment has gained 6%. Is that good / bad or what kind of returns are average.

I am happy with my first week and know that the announcement on Monday will have given me a boost.

• @NewUser66223 Yes of course it's good 😁 how much did you get for that money collecting cobwebs in the bank?? Just remember it goes up and down, don't panic when prices fall slightly, I've been here since August and have over 50% ROI, I'm expecting to reach 100% next season 💪🏻

• Very difficult to make significant growth in a week or so but I would certainly have monthly targets!!! If you can move up 10% per quarter you are doing the right thing imo... I work in property so was aiming for 10-20% per year initially but it soon became apparent that could be achieved much quicker so no harm in shifting your targets, but certainly feasible to get 50% to 100% returns within a year or two with the right strategy and cash injection!!!

• @dannypea thanks Danny, if you can find them next big player before everyone else then seems you can make a lot more 👍

• @Joe-A No. This is gambling not investing. Good luck though.

• From the Oxford English Dictionary:

INVESTING: meaning

Put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

GAMBLING: meaning

Play games of chance for money; bet.

I reckon FI could be both.

• @TheSleepingGiant said in FI general investment:

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

INVESTING: meaning

Put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

GAMBLING: meaning

Play games of chance for money; bet.

I reckon FI could be both.

Agreed - FI is a mixture of the two.

• @Joe-A Yes its free money basically. There will never be easier money than this.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.