Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man

• Ouch. All my 44 quid profit gone

• must be confirmation of something in an obscure Belgian newspaper... or perhaps on a player like this a lot of people weren't convinced and as soon as they see red get out.

• He was never going to go.. Don't know where you guys read this. I'm a club brugge supporter. Arnaut groeneveld on the hand might leave to Milan.. Same for Wesley to a premier league team.

• I am holding, this has legs.
    Helps that I bought so low and so am still green, so it isn't a disaster.

• He was never a forgotten man, he was just a non-asset. He's turning 27 this year. All the incessant pumping you've done on Vanaken, and I'm talking to you Mr Goalkeeper Eating Pie avatar, will have lost quite a lot of unintelligent people money. Hope you're proud

• @NewUser336689 not quite sure it's been incessant... Anyone who got on at start of the thread would still be around 100% roi... And I've not once bumped the thread. The big jump in his price came when someone posted this thread on twitter.
    He is a good player and has won pb.. If he wins again, even at brugge, its still good ROI.

• What was reason for drop?

• Oh dear the tide has changed as quick as it began :I
    I knew this was a risk so got out a little while ago
    Still think he might leave

• Translated article from six hours ago:

There has been a lot to do around Hans Vanaken's future. There also seems to be clarity about that now.

Vanaken just stays at Club Brugge. The midfielder is not happy to make the move abroad. Then the perfect picture has to be offered and that has not happened.

According to Het Laatste Nieuws, Vanaken will also be the hub of Club Brugge in the coming years. Blue-black can therefore sleep on both ears.

• @CBN Ty

I am still not convinced. Tempted to top up now

• @CBN Can you link the article please

• @LuaLua read up, I posted it earlier

• @Allams-Out said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

I bought into him months ago for the same reasons y'all are now. He's just too good for the Belgian league.

Worry for me at the time was that a lot of reports in the Belgian press were basically saying he didn't really have the stomach to test himself out in a stronger league.

So for that reason I cashed out long ago. Fingers crossed that it does work out for you though.

Ouch. Don't want to say I told you so but I did my research months ago and could see this one coming.

Was a nice ride while it lasted. Hope people got out with some profit.

• @Allams-Out said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

@Allams-Out said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

I bought into him months ago for the same reasons y'all are now. He's just too good for the Belgian league.

Worry for me at the time was that a lot of reports in the Belgian press were basically saying he didn't really have the stomach to test himself out in a stronger league.

So for that reason I cashed out long ago. Fingers crossed that it does work out for you though.

Ouch. Don't want to say I told you so but I did my research months ago and could see this one coming.

Was a nice ride while it lasted. Hope people got out with some profit.

I never heard of him until he was pumped. Looked at some video skills and he is decent. It appears he is happy where he is - a big fish in a small pond. But if a big club comes in for him and makes him an offer he can't refuse, he might just leave. He's currently -13p for me. I'll continue holding for a while. It's not over until the fat lady sings - or rather, until the fat GK eats another pie!

• Was always the risk involved with this bet. If he stays, or moves to another non pb league. However as I said early on with him, even if he stays he will play some pb games and offer a good chance of dividends that at his early price will give a good yield.
    People that bought in after hed had 100% rise or held after 100% rise, must of known it was a big gamble as so many had to buy to get him up there, so any negative news will cause mass selling.

• He got some dividends playing in Europe last season and Brugge will reach the group stages of Europa League minimum so there's that.

• @Westy come on Hans 🚀🚀🚀

• @Westy said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/419704/angst-slaat-toe-in-brugge-vanaken-wil-vertrekken-naar-topclub

Fear strikes Bruges as Sevilla chase 'Golden Shoe'

I got out last month after he fell into the red by double figures and that story he wasn't really bothered about challenging himself in a higher league. This current story is interesting in that he says the move must be right for his family among other things. Now, as most Scandinavians speak good English, it appears more likely he'd go to the PL rather than La Liga if a big PL club comes calling.

I'm staying out though as it appears remote.

• Vanaken chapter 2

Renewed hope
    Reward for those that have held through the dip
    Redemption for those who maybe joined too late last time.

We march on!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.