Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man

• On the trending list now. Hopefully from genuine trades and hope there isn't a dump coming later

• @Allams-Out The press asked him about how Leondoncker forced a move to Wolves. Vanaken said he would never act that way- but then said it should be down to the buying club to make the move happen...hinting he wants a club to make a fuss over him for a transfer.

• No intention to dump from me... Unless getting on the trending list makes his price go crazy like doubling to 70-80p

People now talking about this thread on the Facebook group.. But hopefully everyone does research on him.

• If he moves he's worth a lot more than 42p...defo a hold til something happens- and possibly a PB hold if he moves anyway!
    When else can you buy a PB player so cheap?

He will match Savanier at least i think 98p. So if he joins a crap PB team id value him around 80p. If premier league then anywhere around £1.20- and if he does well he could be up there with Eriksen £1.87

• Thomas Meunièr, the PSG player said a couple of days ago that Vanaken would start with PSG and that Vanaken is the best player he has ever seen play in the Belgian League.

• @NewUser287844
    Done some research.. . This is a MUST buy.. . Guarenteed to double shares as a move is inevitable.. . I say defo within 6 months.

• He's a Rocket Man. 13% ROI in under 24h! Looks like a quality player....all aboard the Hans train!

• @Waardle and this is purely based on research on him being shared i think...any news story now or in summer will make him explode. Lots of teams looking for this type of player.

Imagine seeing him doing one of those goodbye waves last game of season.

• @Westy I agree. I'm just hoping people aren't jumping on the bandwagon with all the forum discussion just to get out and make a few pence. I'm in it for the long haul - I reckon there's some serious wonga to be made!

• @Waardle If they jump out prior to any transfer news they'll have to get back on very quickly. And i'm still thinking, its rare to be able to buy a PB earner so cheap- if he does make it and gets PB wins his yield at this price will be massive.

• @Westy True that, a few PB wins and some IPD's and it's a free investment that's set you give excellent growth potential.

• @Waardle said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

@Westy True that, a few PB wins and some IPD's and it's a free investment that's set you give excellent growth potential.

Buying now rules out IPDs, but he will attract those punters too next season if at a PB team.

• was thinking earlier... does forum pumping actually work???????

Can't say i've seen much of this kid, looking at his pedigree at Lokeren & Brugges it's very respectable.. certainly enough to get him a couple of Belgium caps... 10 goals a season from midfield in the Pro League... 27 years old in Aug... He's obviously a good player at that level... Will he be at Brugges next season though??? Can't see any links otherwise... so if that's the case no PB opps... no MB opps.. no IPD opps.... so what does he bring to the table???

Seen today he's UP 0.10 overnight (ie since this post)... seems to me its very easy to mention a new cheap player and get a quick rise out of them??????????? Anyone heard of Advincula by any chance??? ;-)

• @dannypea the gamble is all about whether he moves- only cheap because not in a pb league. Was linked with a move last window or summer with Spurs. He moaned about how Leondoncker forced a move to Wolves, said he would never force a move, but expects clubs to make the effort to get him instead. I'm betting he moves this summer. He's at that age where he has to if he's ever going to make the big bucks, let alone any footballing pride he wants from his career.

• totally get investing in him... I just wonder without any news other than someone on the forum has mentioned him has his price gone up solely on that??? If so (and i know it happens) how easy is the market becoming to manipulate???

• @dannypea A question I've been wondering myself. With a relatively thin market, and the relatively small amount of capital you need to buy 300 futures in a cheap player to move them 1p, how much can you manipulate the price to your benefit?

Consider Hans Vanaken as an example: You buy 300 futures @ 38p and 300 futures at 39p giving you a total outlay of £231. Start a bit of forum buzz around the player, cite some promising statistics and a few more people hop in. He's now worth 43p with an instant sell of 42p. If you then IS 300 @ 42p and 300 @ 41p you make £249 minus 2% commission, equating to the approximately £244.02 net sale price. In other words, you make 13.02 profit from manipulating the market for your gain.

All the above is just working from the movements seen in the last 24 hours. Obviously, you need the initial capital but making a 5.6% ROI quickly is not to be sniffed at. Now consider, that player hits the 'trending' tables. 'Fish' get hooked in, markets rise even more. Obviously, there will be a greater disparity between the cost and the IS price but you could still make a tidy profit.

Apologies for the small thesis but I'm interested to see what other investors think about this and if this has crossed your mind before?

• @Waardle

Agreed

• @dannypea said in Hans Vanaken - The Forgotten Man:

was thinking earlier... does forum pumping actually work???????

Can't say i've seen much of this kid, looking at his pedigree at Lokeren & Brugges it's very respectable.. certainly enough to get him a couple of Belgium caps... 10 goals a season from midfield in the Pro League... 27 years old in Aug... He's obviously a good player at that level... Will he be at Brugges next season though??? Can't see any links otherwise... so if that's the case no PB opps... no MB opps.. no IPD opps.... so what does he bring to the table???

Seen today he's UP 0.10 overnight (ie since this post)... seems to me its very easy to mention a new cheap player and get a quick rise out of them??????????? Anyone heard of Advincula by any chance??? ;-)

@Waardle people definitely try it on all the facebook groups and lots of threads on here, but i think @Vespasian32 was genuinely sharing research / re spouting my research in a different thread...

@dannypea he has won PB divs this season Yiled 6.2%...whilst not playing in a PB team... he really is a chance player that hopefully research rewards. Even if he stays put and wins 1 PB div again 6% aint bad.

• Yeh interesting I don't think forum pumping works but when someone spots a way undervalued player then it can really take off. Happened with Robert Skov the other day happening now with Hans vanaken both got onto the risers list because they were way undervalued. These are outliers not the norm. Happy to say I got on both very early.

• Vanaken has had the season he needed to get a move to a club in a pb league, i feel if this doesn't happen this summer then it may not happen. but i do agree one little bit of transfer news on this guy and he will fly. Time will tell

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.