Zaha

• Big goal today to beat a club who are strongly linked with him. Has effectively said he wants to leave. Very good record for a very defensive team, he really carries them offensively. A proven prem commodity should make him attractive to the big boys and the media seem to talk about him a lot, so i can't help think this is a good summer buy whose still at 1.70 would think he has twenty p growth room left in him and plenty of divs.

Any contrasting opinions before i bulk buy.

• Don't see arsenal forking out 80m on him. He does well at Palace hitting teams on the counter... Think he's a huge flop waiting to happen if any of the top 6 want him.

If you buy now tho, sure there is a little money to be made from all the rumours.

• @Vespasian32 I think that figure's bullshit tbh think palace would sell for less than that.

• @LuaLua said in Zaha:

@Vespasian32 I think that figure's bullshit tbh think palace would sell for less than that.

True but its arsenal... If the figure was £10m we'd get cold feet

• I got on him last night as the reports of him wanting out of Palace were doing the rounds. He might not get his wishes of CL football for an English team unless Spurs take the plunge, but I think Dortmund have previously shown interest too, and wouldn't be a bad replacement for Sancho were they to lose him. No way United go for him again (not that I'm assuming we make top-4) and like @Vespasian32 said, Arsenal very rarely spend big. I think now he's admitted he wants away though he is definitely leaving one-way-or-another. Palace could use the 40-60 million his sale would raise, plus the 30-40 million from the Wan-Bissaka deal and really set themselves up nicely squad-wise.

All the above having been said, I wish I'd listened to myself a couple of months back when I started this topic.... https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/6322/wilfried-zaha

• He will get linked everywhere, palace will want to build up some media on him. No brainer for Mb this summer.

• @Tom77 I sold up for ten p gain per share. I think it was a nery mistake. I dunno just got scared of the potential downside. I also think despite him getting goals and assists he's kinda crap imho and i dont see any big clubs buying him. But yeh will be good for mb either way.

• @LuaLua I do the same with many players... And yes, quite a few go on for a second or third growth spurt and I lose out... But cowardly as it may seem, walking away with profit is never a bad deal.

• @Vespasian32 Yeah was happy with ten p growth in four hours so just backed out instead of doubling down.

• @LuaLua said in Zaha:

@Tom77 I sold up for ten p gain per share. I think it was a nery mistake. I dunno just got scared of the potential downside. I also think despite him getting goals and assists he's kinda crap imho and i dont see any big clubs buying him. But yeh will be good for mb either way.

Profit is profit but looking at other players for transfer spec he is cheap. Also seems certain to leave.
    Not a situation where he could sign a new contract because he did that last year so he is off.
    Fekir £2.70 with a dodgy knee for example .
    With the right links and media build up he will go up to £3 at the point of a deal plus buzz that comes with it.

• @Tom77 I know I know I can see your points he is cheap however I just have a feeling the actual interest in him will be remarkably minimal and then he wont get sold stay at palace another year and will then be an overpriced asset. maybe Too pricy for a europa league team and too poor for a champions league team?
    i dunno im so confused on him for some reason. Where would he go? Whose gonna shell out 35-45mil on him?
    He will get mb i guess so it becomes a game of jumping off at the right time. He could go up massively. I'm so prepared to get this one massively wrong. I dunno. very very split on this one.

• Personally think he's a great hold, cheap, scoring goals and creating key chances which palace just can't finish 90% of the time. I fancy him to get a move in the summer and I don't see why one of the top 4 wouldn't top up their English quota. Think his price will keep heading upwards

• I upped my stake in him yesterday. I think there will be an auction for him in the summer so investing on that basis.

• I just can’t see him not moving this summer and when that yellow ticker with breaking news appears on sky sports his price will rocket.

• Zaha is deadly with the ball, goes past players for fun and will get a move to a big team. May end up floating on the edges like Mahrez, but he will spike hugely.

• @LuaLua they say those things to up his price

• @Indexman Good counter. Altho they up his price too much and no-one will want him.
    Who would want him at 40mil?
    If you can name three teams then i'll buy back in. @Tom77

• @LuaLua I’m hoping he will force a leave. Very unlikely but we both know he is bored of carrying his whole team. He has the potential for champions league football and he knows he won’t get it there.

• @Indexman I can see that.