Pogba, Hold or sell

• I don't hold Pogba but I just dont see him staying at Utd next season for Uefa cup football. The only way I would hold him at that price would be if I thought there would be a chance he would sign for City.

• Pulisic training with the team is not going to win MB during the transfer window...

• @speedloafer imagine the fume if he signed for city?!! 😂🤣😂 Utd head would fall off on a Tevez level. Would be absolutely glorious!!

• @Vespasian32 Might not get top spot... but 5th spot?

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Cadbury1

Yeah, fair enough, he's not just yet... why would he be?

My goal is to find the guy with the best chance of becoming a future FI king.

Think about it.

• Chelsea's biggest signing.
    • America's most expensive player.
    • Goal scoring attacking midfielder so has decent chance of PB
    • He's only 20
    • And Chelsea's chairmen specifically stating that he was purchased for his media attraction, which is what most traders on here flock to.

News Stories

• Chelsea Unveil Pulisic
    • Pulisic Trains With Team
    • Pulisic Makes His Chelsea Debut
    • Pulisic Pre-Season Goal Has Chelsea Fans Salivating
    • £58m Star Ready To Make Premiership Debut

Now.... on a 1x media day, he's probably gonna get 2 out of the 5, but with 5x media days... he's gonna get a whole bunch of MB.

Will be £8, 6 months from now.... I'd say that's unlikely but will he be £2.50-£3? Doesn't seem out of the realms of possibility.

Chelsea's biggest signing is Kepa.
    Pulisic's end product is Theo Walcott esque.
    Chelsea's chairman will specifically getting media attraction in America that will hugely market Chelsea but won't make the slightest difference to FI if USA Today touch themselves over him doing a step over before being tackled by Pablo Zabaleta.

I was wrong earlier. Chelsea's MB magnet is Hazard. If he goes it's CHO. Then Abraham and RLC take over as the young English talents that the English media care about. Not Pulisic. Sorry. Not everybody who has replied to you here is wrong or mistaken.

• @Dan-The-Man

I appreciate that you have convinced yourself Pulisic is bound for glory.

That's fair enough, and I wish you the best of luck with him.

But from the amount of replies you have received, it is clear that an awful lot of users disagree with you.

I don't see him as a future MB magnet. I also do not see him as a PB star. He can't even get a game for Dortmund.

If he went to Liverpool or Man Utd, I could understand your optimism, but Chelsea get poor media coverage on FI and that won't change.

The yanks care very little about our sport.

He is just another Landon Donovan ... 🤣

• @Dan-The-Man

Beckham wasn’t clean cut

He went from poster boy, to hate figure to national hero in his careeer

Can’t see pulisic getting to that status

The media love a story that’s all

• The fact that yet another topic has been created to discuss Pogba says it all. I have owned him for a long time, his price has risen loads, yes it drops every now and again but always bounces back when he gets a new haircut, says something stupid on social media or changes his penalty kick run up. Man Utd's latest drop in form will help his MB greatly too, next thing will be that he has fallen out with the manager again.

• @Lukeroro said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Chelsea's biggest signing is Kepa.

I meant of the summer... I know it's not technically a summer signing but Chelsea can't sign anyone and he joins them in summer.

Pulisic's end product is Theo Walcott esque.

He's 20, and since when did a player need to actually do anything for FI traders to jump on?

Sorry. Not everybody who has replied to you here is wrong or mistaken.

They were indeed wrong... about the specific things I pointed out.

• @EMBO90 I've seen Rebecca Loos in real life. I'd punch my sister square in the face for a weekend with her!

• @Dan-The-Man I can see where you're coming from with the american hype but it really won't be making a massive difference over here.
    The best you can hope for is either a battle for the bench ala mesut ozil cause I don't see him displacing any of the wingers they have at the moment or another europa league run where he'll get a some good game time.
    He is only twenty tho so he's got plenty of time to come good. He's had a very nice run in the last month or so he's made you money i just wouldn't bet the bank on him making you much more in the coming year.

• @Dan-The-Man we'll agree to disagree.

Think we should probably head back to Paul Pogba, as he's the name on the thread title.

I am holding but I'm iffy. It boils down to if he's at Utd next season. If I needed to stick a mortgage on it, I'd say he would.

• @johnboywalker said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man

But from the amount of replies you have received, it is clear that an awful lot of users disagree with you.

Meh, half a dozen people isn't exactly 'an awful lot' in the scheme of FI but I take your point like. But of course, if everyone on here already agreed with me, his price wouldn't be so low because they'd have jumped on him already.

• @Lukeroro 😂😂😂😂

• @Dan-The-Man

You should probably start a 'Pulisic (future king of FI)' thread.

As we are just hogging this Pogba chat.

I'd suggest you might find a few more voices that disagree with you.

• @Dan-The-Man

Won't those news stories all be American media? I can't see the English press caring much about Chelsea's latest back up to William

• @johnboywalker said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man

You should probably start a 'Pulisic (future king of FI)' thread.

As we are just hogging this Pogba chat.

I'd suggest you might find a few more voices that disagree with you.

0_1555933949155_upload-3f7d69ad-55a3-4d46-883c-718601ecca2d

• @LuaLua

Looking at the way other youngsters are treated on here... it's almost better if he doesn't play right away.

For the record, I'm not saying the American press is whats' going to swing it. That is a factor for sure... because journalists follow journalists... but...

it's that Chelsea have set out to make him a star. They are surrounding him with a media team. He'll be doing interviews, they'll be coming up with stories to make him newsworthy, following him in training, creating media assets. They aren't going to go to the effort, create all of the marketing assets then only send them to American journalists.

@johnboywalker said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

we are just hogging this Pogba chat.

Wouldn't worry about it. There a scared Pogba thread every 2 seconds. It's because he's a high risk hold given his price tag and unpredictable future. That's the point of all the Puliisic chat.... even with so much disagreement.... nobody is suggesting he'll lose money. He's the opposite of high risk... he's a cheap.... big money mover.

@Alpilgrim said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Won't those news stories all be American media? I can't see the English press caring much about Chelsea's latest back up to William

No. The UK media are hungry dogs waiting to be fed. They aren't going to turn away what Chelsea are feeding.

• This post is deleted!

• @Long-Haul-Col said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

The main reason for starting this thread is because not that long ago Rooney, Ibrahimavich and Sanchez were the media king darlings and where are they now?

Also, I am not convinced about Pogba as a player and at his current price seems higher risk than players that are currently performing but at a much lower price, with the potential downside.

Only my opinion.

Is that even something worth comparing??? Sanchez has never been close to Pogba in Media terms, obviously around his transfer he was in the media a lot, but so is every major transfer speculation.
    Moving on to Zlatan and Rooney, Please, you must be joming ???? They play in USA for god sake, how the hell can you compare them with Pogba 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Firstly Ole wants to build a team around Pogba, He's not going anywhere, the rebuilding process will take time, but Pogba will be captain next season of a completely different team...

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.