Pogba, Hold or sell

• @Ellisandro and they are?

• @TraderJ said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali can you name me one player who has the same media potential as Pogba?

The point is he isn't comparable to other players. Sure players generally decrease when they leave the prem, but not always and we have never seen a scenario like this before so what happens is anyone's guess. Your prediction is a guess. It is no more valid or invalid than mine or anyone else's but it certainly is not a fact and you don't know what his price will end up at to any degree of certainly.

But there is a lot of substantial evidence to back my claims up - while your lack of evidence is more based solely on personal opinion. Anyway.... I thought we had passed this point.

But even the most ardent Pogba holder would recognise he would drop in value if he left the PL.

As to your other question, to get more MB potential that Pogba? 🤔 If Neymar (superstar) or Sancho (England's golden boy) was to move to the PL I'm sure both would clearly outshine a Pogba playing outside the PL for British Media Buzz.

You can throw in a world record transfer of Mbappe too.... 👍

• @Le-Blanc Sorry not sure what you were referring to?

@Ellisandro and they are?

Performance
    Fan view
    Ole's view
    Agent's view
    Ex players view
    Zidane's view.

I'm not saying there aren't counter arguments to the above. I'd suggest some of these views are beyond the level of pure speculation.

I don't think Zidane's statement is speculative, nor Evra's recent media interview. The fan view seems to be split but those on the Pogba leave side are unequivocal.

Why don't we see what Chris Sutton thinks and then all do the opposite?

• @Dan-The-Man The only club that would entertain such a ridiculous idea is man Utd, he would more than likely rather be a part-time sub at Madrid, according to he's agent anyway, than stoop down that low, personally I'd love it if he went to United as it would create even more tension in their dressing room.

• @Ericali I am not making any claims whereas you are, and you keep talking about evidence to back it up but you haven't produced any.

I have openly stated I don't know what will happen to his price if he leaves, I agree it will probably fall but by how much is the question and there is no way to make a reliable estimate on that.

In relation to your other comments, any potential Pogba transfer is unlikely to be quick therefore he will probably be the biggest media magnet over the summer. My point is not that there are not other scenarios in which other players could become MB stars like you have suggested but that none of them are likely to happen meaning Pogba will dominate the summer bonus and triple media days.

If you buy Pogba now there is plenty of chances to make money over the summer, obviously I am not the only one thinking this way as his price is currently on the up. I am not trying to convince you or anyone else to hold, just simply stating that I think there is still money to be made

@Ericali I am not making any claims whereas you are, and you keep talking about evidence to back it up but you haven't produced any.

I have openly stated I don't know what will happen to his price if he leaves, I agree it will probably fall but by how much is the question and there is no way to make a reliable estimate on that.

In relation to your other comments, any potential Pogba transfer is unlikely to be quick therefore he will probably be the biggest media magnet over the summer. My point is not that there are not other scenarios in which other players could become MB stars like you have suggested but that none of them are likely to happen meaning Pogba will dominate the summer bonus and triple media days.

If you buy Pogba now there is plenty of chances to make money over the summer, obviously I am not the only one thinking this way as his price is currently on the up. I am not trying to convince you or anyone else to hold, just simply stating that I think there is still money to be made

Definitely money to be made through MB. FACT
    Losses to overall price due to move abroad. POSSIBLE.

• @Ellisandro I agree and have said that all along, there is a possibility that you can lose money and it is a risk, but all trades on here are. My first post was taking issue with someone trying to paint Pogba as some sort of FI Leper who people should be avoiding at all costs, which in my opinion is not the case

• @Andy-M why is scaremongering any worse than the mindless pumping of players on this forum everyday?

• @Earshavewalls just get on with your life! 😂😂

• @Ellisandro I am not arguing that point, I know there are reasons why people think a transfer is likely to happen and lots of them are substantiated but there is still a possibility he will say.

However that isn't the point I was making. My point was we don't know what will happen to his price if he does move. People are just assuming it will absolutely tank without evidence to support it. I agree it will probably fall but if he wins heaps of MB dividends over the summer then there is a possibility it will offset any capital decrease. We have never seen a situation like this before so nobody knows what will happen

@Ellisandro I am not arguing that point, I know there are reasons why people think a transfer is likely to happen and lots of them are substantiated but there is still a possibility he will say.

However that isn't the point I was making. My point was we don't know what will happen to his price if he does move. People are just assuming it will absolutely tank without evidence to support it. I agree it will probably fall but if he wins heaps of MB dividends over the summer then there is a possibility it will offset any capital decrease. We have never seen a situation like this before so nobody knows what will happen

Agreed, though we have seen what happened to Coutihno to a lesser degree, though he wasn't the MB beast that Poggers is and of course he's not going to a team with Messi in it.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

• @TraderJ on media alone statistics are that Pogba is top, agreed, Media isn't the whole picture on FI although many of Pogba holders seem to be convinced it is. Pogba earnt only £0.02 more than Messi since Nov 16th 2018 (6 Months) in Media and PB. I can tell you Messi earnt double the amount of IPDs Pogba did in the same period. So which is the better investment with the least risk?

Same Period!
    L Messi £0.43 IPDS
    P Pogba £0.16 IPDs

/igdivs_top200 180d
    Dividend Rankings By Value
    16/11/2018 - 15/05/2019 |
    :moneybag: Total Dividends
    #1 : £0.83 : Paul Pogba (£7.70)
    #2 : £0.81 : Lionel Messi (£4.65)
    #3 : £0.39 : Eden Hazard (£4.88)
    #4 : £0.31 : Mohamed Salah (£4.96)
    Show more
    :soccer: Perfomance Dividends
    #1 : £0.43 : Lionel Messi (£4.65)
    #2 : £0.23 : Joshua Kimmich (£2.66)
    #3 : £0.21 : Paul Pogba (£7.70)
    #4 : £0.18 : Daniel Parejo (£1.03)
    Show more
    :mega: Media Dividends
    #1 : £0.62 : Paul Pogba (£7.70)
    #2 : £0.39 : Lionel Messi (£4.65)
    #3 : £0.28 : Mohamed Salah (£4.96)
    #4 : £0.26 : Eden Hazard (£4.88)

• @Ellisandro exactly, all I was saying Is that it is not a forgone conclusion and nobody knows what will happen. It will indeed be interesting to see and I will he keeping a close eye on it

• @Earshavewalls well there are no games over the summer for Messi to win either PB or IPD and surely the risk of his age is a similar situation as to what you think the risk with Pogba is, his price is liable to fall off given his age?

However, you are missing the point entirely, which is that if he does move there is every chance that he will earn enough MB dividends to offset any price decrease he may see and maybe even still remain profitable because nobody knows what his price will look like if a move happens. To claim you do know is pure speculation

@Ellisandro exactly, all I was saying Is that it is not a forgone conclusion and nobody knows what will happen. It will indeed be interesting to see and I will he keeping a close eye on it

I know what will happen & I will nail my balls to the mast if he goes to Real Madrid & doesn't drop in share price.

It's as plain as someone saying a green door is a green door.

We even had a thread about this very subject about a month ago. Even holders of Pogba like @Andy-M or @Misto recognise this fact.

To be pretend otherwise is dissolutionary (is that a word? 🤔 Probably not!)

Anyway, to stop the whole debate going round & round it circle's I'll say the words you want to hear.

"Buy Pogba - even when he goes to Real Madrid he will go up in share price, it's a win/win scenario - tuck in"

• @Ericali said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@TraderJ said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ellisandro exactly, all I was saying Is that it is not a forgone conclusion and nobody knows what will happen. It will indeed be interesting to see and I will he keeping a close eye on it

I know what will happen & I will nail my balls to the mast if he goes to Real Madrid & doesn't drop in share price.

It's as plain as someone saying a green door is a green door.

We even had a thread about this very subject about a month ago. Even holders of Pogba like @Andy-M or @Misto recognise this fact.

To be pretend otherwise is dissolutionary (is that a word? 🤔 Probably not!)

Anyway, to stop the whole debate going round & round it circle's I'll say the words you want to hear.

"Buy Pogba - even when he goes to Real Madrid he will go up in share price, it's a win/win scenario - tuck in"

dissolutionary: Only refers to monasteries under the Henry the VIII period :)

"ooh that Thomas Cromwell is Dissolutionary"

• @Ellisandro that's what I meant! 😉

• @Ericali now you are just being silly and clearly not reading what I posted anyway. I am not disputing that he will probably drop in share price, in fact I have stated that I agree I think it will happen. My point is that nobody knows how much he will drop by and there is no evidence to suggest that the MB dividends won't offset this and still leave him as a profitable hold for anyone who buys in now

• So to try and clarify i think @Ericali's logic is thus.

Something MIGHT happen and if it does something bad PROBABLY will occur but we don't know HOW bad that is. However, before the something BAD happens it's Highly probably something GOOD will occur in the Interim.

Therefore, this whole thread is utter bullshit! Don't take my word for it ask Doctor Stephen hawking (via ouja board)

0_1557921175753_upload-2b48a7a7-28ef-4fc1-9f7e-650d4af7a214

No Stephen, don't start that again.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.