Pogba, Hold or sell

• @LuaLua Optagate continues!

• @LuaLua

PogbaDividend Stats 2018/19 Season

Total Dividends : £1.56 - of which £1.31 MB Divs
    PB Divs : £0.25 |

HazardDividend Stats 2018/19 Season

Total Dividends : £0.78 - of which £0.59 MB Divs.
    PB Divs : £0.19 |

£0.06 more PB over the season isn't that much better, although better agreed. Hazard was also up against forwards such as Messi ,Ronaldo, kane,Neymar,Mbappe.Sancho and Salah all in or around the top 20 on FI.

Pogba was up against a few but fewer around the top 20 as midfielders ,in fact 2 are in the top twenty, Foden and Havertz.

I think its difficult to judge but Hazard has done a great job winning as much PB as a forward and has had it harder than Pogba who it appears on paper ,had less competition.If Hazard remains classified as a Midfielder ,I think as I stated earlier, Pogba will struggle to rack up pb at the same rate as Hazard especially if as they may be in the same team and even more so if Messi as possible next season moves back into Midfield for Barcelona.

With the changes bringing to light that position reclassification has an affect it would be churlish to ignore how players have performed in the position they have been classified previously and who they were in competition with for PB divs. This then can be included in your assessment of a players likely value in the new position.

• 0_1558211447386_upload-8668c12b-4ac9-48db-b76a-6b2f1746413e

All the ranked scores of pb winners on every match day.
    Midfielders have a slightly higher winning average so its tougher for pogba to win than hazard.
    Yet he's actually won more than sancho, mbappe, Kane and salah combined.

I agree if hazard was to be reclassified as a midfielder it becomes a bit more difficult to win pb for all other midfielders.
    If they are in the same team they probably both suffer. (Altho they might form the best partnership in the modern era. Both so talented)

• Pogba and neymars days are numbered. Sterling, mbappe and sancho are the future. I remember the old days of ronaldo, rivaldo and Ronaldinho. They were proper Brazilian players and Zidane. Vieria and Henry were the French masters of football. Pogba and neymar couldn’t lace their boots, as a youngster I was memorised by the above, I look at pogba and neymar and they’re good players but highly overrated.

• @DavidMUFC1987 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Pogba and neymars days are numbered. Sterling, mbappe and sancho are the future. I remember the old days of ronaldo, rivaldo and Ronaldinho. They were proper Brazilian players and Zidane. Vieria and Henry were the French masters of football. Pogba and neymar couldn’t lace their boots, as a youngster I was memorised by the above, I look at pogba and neymar and they’re good players but highly overrated.

Hmm... Couple of points I disagree with there. Not a bad thing, just wanted to offer my thoughts.

Neymar and Pogba shouldn't be grouped together in such a way. Neymar had a good season. Lengthy injury layoff but when he's fit, his PB is incredible. Similar to Messi. Pogba is a mile away unless he scores a penalty or two. He also relies too heavily on MB to prop up his value. Not a bad thing in itself, but the opposite of Neymar in a way.

As for Sterling. Not convinced he's the 'future'. He's great now but what happens when Pep leaves? Only a matter of time surely?

Mbappe is notorious for being a poor PB player. Great striker away from FI though, but I can't see him reaching Neymar's level without changing his game completely.

Not sure I'd rate Ronaldinho above Neymar just yet. Maybe at the end of his career, but too early imo. Let's see what he achieves first.

• Valid points I see where your coming from mate. For me Ronaldinho was one of the greats and he produced when it mattered. Seeing him grow up compared too neymar. I’m not quite sure what neymar has actually done. I agree neymar is pb brilliant for PSG, he’s 27 and when I think what sterling has achieved in his career compared too neymar I don’t see much difference. Neither have internationally done much, sterling is 3 years younger. I disagree that guardiola will leave sometime soon, I’ve not seen him this content. He’s a manager who like a new challenge I agree but there is something going on at city. They’re hugely successful and he has the full backing from the owners, I don’t feel he had that at Barcelona and Bayern. The premier league is the best league in the world, he must enjoy it more because of the challenge. Every year a new challenger emerges, it’s unpredictable. Why would you want too leave a league that’s so exciting.

• @LuaLua I disagree with that statement mainly due to the fact that the higher winning average of Midfielders against Forwards isn't relevant as a comparison. The scoring for performance is the same for forwards and midfielders and its no coincidence midfielders score higher. They score higher due to the fact they will see more of the ball ,get more tackles in and tap the ball around in midfield scoring points for completed passes. Under Mourinho Pogba would have scored highly as his tactics bored the ball to death in Midfield. A forward scores less due to being less likely to make as many tackles and making less passes. To compare them using the PB scoring when they play in different positions isn't going to be an accurate reflection. As your candlesticks show midfielders do score higher but its actually easier to score points especially if you add goals and assists which he and Hazard have similar strike rates this season. Hazard has 16 goals and Pogba 15, Hazard with 16 assists Pogba 11.
    This is the total PB rankings for when Hazard was classified as a Midfielder and his figures don't include this season where he has been an attacker. You will notice Kimmich as a Midfielder last season and parejo outscored both Pogba and Hazard with our guys returning the same in that position.

/igdivs midfielders
    Dividend Rankings By Value
    01/08/2017 - 18/05/2019 | mid
    :moneybag: Total Dividends
    #1 : £2.26 : Paul Pogba (£7.59)
    #2 : £1.17 : Eden Hazard (£4.62)

#3 : £0.54 : Mesut Ozil (£1.22)
    #4 : £0.54 : Philippe Coutinho (£2.00)
    Show more
    :soccer: Perfomance Dividends
    #1 : £0.50 : Daniel Parejo (£1.02)
    #2 : £0.40 : Joshua Kimmich (£2.39)
    #3 : £0.32 : Paul Pogba (£7.59)
    #4 : £0.32 : Thiago Alcántara (£1.81)
    #5 : £0.32 : Eden Hazard (£4.62)

The prominent thing for me is the overwhelming amount of media dividends Pogba has raked in in that period and again Hazard has held his own considering his was accrued last season. So as much as the candles are useful for comparing averages for players in the same position they get skewed if you are trying to cross reference positions using them. So as for next season the competition between them will be interesting but I would still question the value in Pogba given he costs nearly £3 a share more.

• @Earshavewalls said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

I disagree with that statement mainly due to the fact that the higher winning average of Midfielders against Forwards isn't relevant as a comparison. The scoring for performance is the same for forwards and midfielders and its no coincidence midfielders score higher.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. What statement are you disagreeing with?

• @DavidMUFC1987 id argue this point tbh, Neymar as others have said is a PB beast and maybe not next season but at some point it feels like he will end up at Real, imagine the media madness and rise that would get. Also Pogba has the potentional to be the best midfielder in the world and for about a month it looked like he was back on track especially after Chelsea game (FA cup) but maybe fatigue (from world cup), alot of pressure and the fact Man U had something to lose rather than gain caught up with him a bit.

Ole was also playing him alot higher up the pitch but due to injuries it meant he was pushed back again, something Ole said he had to do which hurt the team a bit and then clearly Pogba. I do agree on your points about Sterling and Sancho though especially if Sancho returned to PL at some point.

• @LuaLua said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Midfielders have a slightly higher winning average so its tougher for pogba to win than hazard.

Sorry yes this is the part I am in disagreement with! That's what I was rambling on about. But the short version is I don't think using the candlesticks to compare players in different positions isn't efficient enough and gives skewed results.

• @Earshavewalls But it literally gives you every score and the yearly average. How can that be skewed?

• It’s only my opinion lads. Goodnight god bless ✌🏼

• As I said each position is scored the same so as a midfield player you will tackle more,pass more etc. The average score will be higher for a midfielder just by the nature of how it is scored and the position on the field. Just because the average score for a Midfielder is higher than an attacker /Fwd doesn't mean there is more competition and therefore harder. If you take pens as Pogba does and pass the ball around midfield for 90 mins you are gonna score well , throw in a few tackles make a few interceptions your getting upthere for PB. Meanwhile your attacker is rarely coming deep, rarely tackling and is relying on the midfielders for service. He scores his PB points with shots on target getting an assist and scoring goals. If your Rashford and been waiting 90 mins for the ball cos your midfield have been tippy tappying the ball back and forth racking up the points, breaking up the opponents attacks with point scoring tackles you aren't gonna score anywhere near the same points. To add insult to injury you get a last minute penalty and the midfielder steps up to score even more points. Midfielders such as Pogba score points far easier than Fwds under the current PB scoring system which is why the average Midfield PB scoresare higher.

• @Earshavewalls Yes that is all correct. I think we're agreeing with each other.

• @LuaLua Blimey ! Are we ! Something must have gone wrong there! Ah Well I was due a lie down anyway. Night!

• So eh... Pulisic?

• Pogba actually wins mb like its nothing. It's actually crazy.

• @LuaLua said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Pogba actually wins mb like its nothing. It's actually crazy.

It's a beautiful beautiful thing is what it is.

• If real and barca buy a midfielder it would be all green lights on the pogba train wouldn't it?

• 🚂💷💷💷💷Pogba💷💷💷💷💨💨

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.