Pogba, Hold or sell

• @LuaLua Blimey ! Are we ! Something must have gone wrong there! Ah Well I was due a lie down anyway. Night!

• So eh... Pulisic?

• Pogba actually wins mb like its nothing. It's actually crazy.

• @LuaLua said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Pogba actually wins mb like its nothing. It's actually crazy.

It's a beautiful beautiful thing is what it is.

• If real and barca buy a midfielder it would be all green lights on the pogba train wouldn't it?

• πŸš‚πŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’·PogbaπŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’·πŸ’¨πŸ’¨

• I am still relatively new joining in Feb, watching quietly and observing and absorbing as much as I could from the forum and the market movement. I jumped on pogba as he seemed to be the man on everyone's lips he then subsequently took a nose dive. So.... as any new trader I instantly sold πŸ™„ he then picked up a bit and I thought wow hang on I've made a mistake and bought some more, then guess what he dropped quite significantly (although reading more forum articles I see this may be due to market manipulation) so yet again IS πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ. My logic was I could have at least two if not three shares of someone who was returning much more both in cap app and dividends. Not sure if I'm being too logical and should actually ride it out and buy some more or in fact there are just better opportunities out there and he has had his day even if which I strongly beleive he won't actually leave utd.

Sorry I know it's a long post and people don't generally read the bigger posts.

• @Kelly18 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

I am still relatively new joining in Feb, watching quietly and observing and absorbing as much as I could from the forum and the market movement. I jumped on pogba as he seemed to be the man on everyone's lips he then subsequently took a nose dive. So.... as any new trader I instantly sold πŸ™„ he then picked up a bit and I thought wow hang on I've made a mistake and bought some more, then guess what he dropped quite significantly (although reading more forum articles I see this may be due to market manipulation) so yet again IS πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ. My logic was I could have at least two if not three shares of someone who was returning much more both in cap app and dividends. Not sure if I'm being too logical and should actually ride it out and buy some more or in fact there are just better opportunities out there and he has had his day even if which I strongly beleive he won't actually leave utd.

Sorry I know it's a long post and people don't generally read the bigger posts.

was there a question in there ?

• @nicky540 sorry AM i being too logical not I'm πŸ™„

My head says don't go there again but not sure logic applies around here. Plus I have found there is a huge monetary bias with man utd

• well hes up 10p since 6am this morning and up 20p since early yesterday after also winning top media yest (3pps) so you may have missed a dip but he could keep on going up from here with all the media to come ? (sorry ive not really got an answer to your question haha)

• @nicky540 thanks for answering though.
    In summary I bought my first share in pogba 10/02 (the day i joined) for 19.96 (pre ss) and purchased again before SS at 22.14 and 22.73. After SS I bought for 7.72 which he hasn't achieved again yet whilst obviously selling off in between. I'm a geek so spreadsheet everything but even writing it seems mad only a couple of months ago he was over twenty quid.
    I've been following this thread closely and if you ignore all the stupid bitchiness everyone has a good opinion back and forth on whether to hold or sell. I sold, admittedly at a loss but my biggest question is was it the right decision and do I invest again?

• @Kelly18 regardless of the different merits whether Pogba is a good hold or not, it's probably best to cut your teeth by messing around with less expensive players while you learn the market.

That would be the best bit of advice I could offer at the minute. πŸ‘

• @Ericali much appreciated 😊

Id ike to think in the 3 months I've been here I've learnt a lot although with SS and various promotions I'm not naive enough to think my numbers are a true and fair reflection of the market. Ive invested quite a bit and Ive had a pretty good return but I find pogba to be my "unicorn" and despite not holding him I still follow what is happening and wonder......

• @Kelly18 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali much appreciated 😊

Id ike to think in the 3 months I've been here I've learnt a lot although with SS and various promotions I'm not naive enough to think my numbers are a true and fair reflection of the market. Ive invested quite a bit and Ive had a pretty good return but I find pogba to be my "unicorn" and despite not holding him I still follow what is happening and wonder......

Haha - don't look at his eyes... DON'T LOOK AT HIS EYES!!

Pogba may turn out to be that "unicorn" but in racing terms he also may well end up being taken round the back of a tent & shot! πŸ’€

One to observe from afar & let the dust settle if you're a potential new investor.

• @Ericali thanks for that.
    I was 99% certain I wanted to leave it alone and have since chosen to invest elsewhere and take out a small amount of profit. I've watched the forum for months and have seen you have contributed a lot to various discussions. The fact you didn't pump when there was an obvious opportunity to do so has helped and so for that reason, on chasing this particular unicorn, to coin a phrase "I'm out"

• @Kelly18

As you can tell by reading this giant thread... I think Pogba is a major risk.

That's not to say that I don't think you can make a ton of money out of him. High risk = high reward.

I'm here for the safety of FI. That's what attracts me. Spread that Pogba money over 40 players. Most will rise. One or two, will double, maybe even triple. You'll be left with a solid portfolio.

I just think if you're going to lump a lot on someone... you want to be confident about his situation. Or... as confident as you can be.

That said... it's all about your time commitment too. Is Pogba much risk over the space of 4 years? Probably not. The amount of new traders FI will attract in that time, will mean his price will likely grow higher than it is today at some point. How patient are you?

For example, if the news drops and he dips Β£2 are you willing to wait until the Euro tournament next year or the next World Cup?

• Now we are on the verge of the 5 MB places is anyone thinking of investing in the underperforming, overpaid, sulking, lazy World Cup winning Pogba.

I don't think he will be sold and therefore will start at Utd in August which could go either way, as there is not much debate about his talent but I feel his influence in the dressing room is toxic, as when he wants to play Utd play well, when he doesn't, they stink the place out.

Difficult one this, what do you think? (I don't own any by the way)

• I think we need to add β€˜buy’ as an option?

I’m on the verge of buying, he is about 20% of my portfolio value and I’m finding him buyable again. I’m ready to buy for the 10% bonus and he might be the one.

• @Dan-The-Man that’s the name of the game for me. His price now versus his price in three months time has no relevance to me. His price when I bought him versus his price around the 2022 World Cup is what I’m in for. We’ll have another share split by then. 😊

• @Le-Blanc

Good luck.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.