Pogba, Hold or sell

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Le-Blanc said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Only reason I can think of to advise someone to sell a player is if you plan to buy on the downturn. Otherwise why would you do it and piss off everyone who holds the player? I mean I couldn’t find a motivation to do it once let alone 10 times a day.

Some people might not agree with my posts but my posts tend to be about players and their prices and more often than not, my posts are backed by sources and logic.

This post from you... was just you taking a snide shot at me. Funny how you found the motivation for that somehow.

Yes dear.

• @Le-Blanc said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Le-Blanc said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Only reason I can think of to advise someone to sell a player is if you plan to buy on the downturn. Otherwise why would you do it and piss off everyone who holds the player? I mean I couldn’t find a motivation to do it once let alone 10 times a day.

Some people might not agree with my posts but my posts tend to be about players and their prices and more often than not, my posts are backed by sources and logic.

This post from you... was just you taking a snide shot at me. Funny how you found the motivation for that somehow.

Actually to be quite honest that is what I really think. Not sure why you specifically would take it personally.

@LuaLua said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

How high do we see him rising if he stays at united? 8.70?

If he stays at United, he'll probably hit that £10 mark before the end of the season, maybe even higher. When FI lowered the dividends they said it was just temporary right? So at some point, those divs will rise again.

It just depends on when we find out.

They never lowered divs...
    Raised em during share split lol

• They never lowered divs...
    Raised em during share split lol

That was some marketing wizardry you've fallen for there mate lol.

I mean I know you're 100% right. The yield return of dividends is stronger but anyone joining right now and buying 100 Pogba are going to get 100 x 0.02 on a media day. And that's not as attractive as 0.04p, which is why the eventual increase will lead to bigger growth.

Before...
    £0.04 Position
    £0.02 Star
    £0.05 Media

After...
    £0.02 Position
    £0.01 Star
    £0.02 Media

• Choo choo, all aboard the pog train! The mans a dividend freak and will pick up MB all summer. And he won’t leave... Watch him hit £10 by end of year

• @LuaLua

Question:

What happens if he doesn't recover...

Like say it gets to October and he's still lower and he's dropped another 50p At what point do you go.... enough's enough now?

• @NewUser142017 Calm down now😉

• Why would he be dropping in october.
    Give me a good reason why you think he would continue to drop?
    Tbh i've lost track of what point you're trying to make other than explaining divs to everyone...

(on a completely unrelated note he's top of media table tonight)

• @Dan-The-Man what if by December though they announce a div increase, you've bought in at let's say £7.80, he's now say between £9-£10 and you've also made a fair amount too on divs 🤔. The price ive given is him still being at united which is highley likely. They annouce a div increase, money will be smahed into Pogba. You may disagree but either ways its capital appreciation but you also have to remember everyone has different strategies. Yours feel like short term cap appreciation (could be wrong). The pogba situation at mo is exactly why we should all have diversed portfolios. I don't actually hold Pogba as money tied up but if I had the spare dosh id be buying now.

• @LuaLua
    There's plenty of good reasons why he could keep dropping.

• Transfer to Italy/Spain
    • The rise of a new media king (say, Bale if he transfers in)
    • Traders could decide that a player who's £2 more expensive than nearly every other player is over valued
    • After the Media Madness sell-off his price could be so low that any time he rises, people who are already fortunes down sell up, to try get out before the next dip

I mean... there's plenty of reasons why it could happen. Look back through the thread, to me saying Pogba would drop £1 and Andy's response asif I was a nut job... that was over a £1 ago. Don't get me wrong... if he stays, I think he'll rise back up again but... if he doesn't... what's your breaking point?

At what point do you say... screw this... I've been way too stubborn about Pogba... I'm out.

• @Shippers said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man what if by December though they announce a div increase, you've bought in at let's say £7.80, he's now say between £9-£10 and you've also made a fair amount too on divs 🤔. The price ive given is him still being at united which is highley likely. They annouce a div increase, money will be smahed into Pogba. You may disagree but either ways its capital appreciation but you also have to remember everyone has different strategies. Yours feel like short term cap appreciation (could be wrong). The pogba situation at mo is exactly why we should all have diversed portfolios. I don't actually hold Pogba as money tied up but if I had the spare dosh id be buying now.

I agree with just about everything you've said there. I think his potential if he stays at United is big.

• Given that he wanted to leave last year
    • They don't have Champions League football this year
    • Real Madrid want him
    • Juventus want him
    • He feels misunderstood/unloved by United fans
    • He won the world cup and can demand higher wages but is willing to take a paycut in order to leave United
    • He's not getting the captaincy or wage equivalence with Sanchez

I think there's a solid chance he leaves. If you were his agent, wouldn't you be telling him to leave? I mean, there's conlicting reports like todays where Man United said he wasn't for sale... but all I hear from that is "You better make a big offer".

• @Dan-The-Man feels like you're covering both scenarios a bit 😆. If he goes to Real, yes he drops maybe a quid from here, if he stays he rises. Then people will see where it goes from there in terms of PB and what MB can be had but he will still earn MB divs I expect if he did leave.

I personally don't see him going, he's spoken alot about unfinished business at United and it's still unfinished. Fans have short memories and if he started to do well when season starts, all will be forgotten. He spoken about pressure at United today and has struggled a bit with it, if he's struggling with it United it will be in the back of his mind the pressures that come at Real. Those fans and press are a different league. So much If Pogb a started poorly he knows those handkerchiefs will be out and no one wants that 🤣🤣

• So basically we all agree Pogba- hold or sell!!

• @Long-Haul-Col what did u do?!

@LuaLua

Now, in regard to Bale let's not get silly - the man's as controversial as a Liberian.

His performances on the pitch are decent (when fit) but he is as media friendly as a bag of cement!

All he does is play golf (and a bit of football). 😉👍

• @Ericali sounds like he doesn't even want to play anymore.

• @Ericali said

Now, in regard to Bale let's not get silly - the man's as controversial as a Liberian.

His performances on the pitch are decent (when fit) but he is as media friendly as a bag of cement!

Liberian? I heard Gaddafi was quite controversial.. would have been great for a bit of MB 😂

• @Dan-The-Man yeah if he moved he would be probs dropping in october depending on how much media he was pulling in but
    How likely do you think it is that he's actually leaving?

Atm he's basically a hold if you think he's staying
    and an obvious sell if you think he's leaving

So if you can give everyone some decent indicators he's going to be sold then go ahead then i'm sure some people will sell up.

• @Ericali said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@LuaLua

https://www.devex.com/news/what-next-for-liberia-s-controversial-education-experiment-93251

• @Hound said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali said

Liberian? I heard Gaddafi was quite controversial.. would have been great for a bit of MB 😂

Well, he was Libyan...

Charlie Taylor, on the other hand, at 24p, will be a steal.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.