Pogba, Hold or sell

• @Ericali sounds like he doesn't even want to play anymore.

• @Ericali said

Now, in regard to Bale let's not get silly - the man's as controversial as a Liberian.

His performances on the pitch are decent (when fit) but he is as media friendly as a bag of cement!

All he does is play golf (and a bit of football). 😉👍

Liberian? I heard Gaddafi was quite controversial.. would have been great for a bit of MB 😂

• @Dan-The-Man yeah if he moved he would be probs dropping in october depending on how much media he was pulling in but
    How likely do you think it is that he's actually leaving?

Atm he's basically a hold if you think he's staying
    and an obvious sell if you think he's leaving

So if you can give everyone some decent indicators he's going to be sold then go ahead then i'm sure some people will sell up.

• @Ericali said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@LuaLua
    There's plenty of good reasons why he could keep dropping.

• Transfer to Italy/Spain
    • The rise of a new media king (say, Bale if he transfers in)

Now, in regard to Bale let's not get silly - the man's as controversial as a Liberian.

His performances on the pitch are decent (when fit) but he is as media friendly as a bag of cement!

https://www.devex.com/news/what-next-for-liberia-s-controversial-education-experiment-93251

• @Hound said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali said

Liberian? I heard Gaddafi was quite controversial.. would have been great for a bit of MB 😂

Well, he was Libyan...

Charlie Taylor, on the other hand, at 24p, will be a steal.

• @kristiang85

Well, he was Libyan...

Charlie Taylor, on the other hand, at 24p, will be a steal.

Sorry I meant George Weah.. always getting him and Gaddafi mixed up 🙄

• @Hound said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali said

Predictive text! 🤣

• Sky sports reporting juventus sporting director is at man utd’s london offices discussing the potential transfer of pogba. Just a heads up its probably more BS

• @Black-wolf I think he is likely to be there as they need to negotiate the Sarri release fee. 👍

Two birds with one stone? 🤔

• @Ericali fair point but why man utd’s offices? Maybe just stopping by?

• @Black-wolf no I meant it was fairly certain he is in London with negotiations ongoing with Chelsea.

SkySports reporting he is heading to Man Utd's London offices to thrash out a deal on Pogba.

Could be BS. 👍

But I've nailed my colours to the mast for 2 months - I've heard he's off so sold up.

• @Ericali if it does happen theres gonna be a lot of money getting spread around the index

• @Ericali said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Black-wolf no I meant it was fairly certain he is in London with negotiations ongoing with Chelsea.

SkySports reporting he is heading to Man Utd's London offices to thrash out a deal on Pogba.

Could be BS. 👍

But I've nailed my colours to the mast for 2 months - I've heard he's off so sold up.

Same, no smoke without fire...apart from dry Ice and smokey Bacon flavoured crisps.

• @Ericali i sold up mine in January and put that money into Messi so worked really well dividend wise bit missed out a bit on the cap app. I always felt nervous having pogba in my portfolio

• When does Pogba's price hit the right risk v reward balance to make him a buy again?

If he goes another £1/£1.50 drop plus MB wins to off set some what til the press move on, he will still win MB at another club. The press will either talk about how well he is doing away from United or he moved and can't cut it there. Just no where near the same MB win rate as at United.

If he stays because United don't want to sell maybe a £1/£1.50 rise, but with today's comments we could be looking at 6 months of solid MB scores. The press won't let go of that bone even after the window closes. I'm thinking either Coutinho style and he goes in Jan or Ronaldo where United say have a pay increase, give us one more season and we won't stand in the way of you going if the still want next summer.

I won't say Rooney style of "I'm leaving, because you are not investing in the playing staff" then sign for more money, and everything is forgotten. This Pogba saga doesn't have the same feel.

Simon Stone, who is one of the most trusted Manchester United journalist, and is well connected in the club said today.

"Might be posturing on all sides but my understanding is that Man Utd believe Pogba will still be at Old Trafford next season."

It feels we could be getting near the point where reward out weighs risk. However there are players you way less volatile, where you won't get big spikes either up or down. Even so I am thinking of buying, I might just waiting a few more days to see how this starts to fold.

Opinions?

• @Misto I only have 18 shares in pogba so pretty neutral about the hold. I bought in at 3.83 (equivalent) so he really owes me nothing. For me a large reason for his drop is the repeated advice to sell. I must admit that i also thought of selling a couple of days ago. I still expect him to fall further based on this so I suppose maybe I should sell. This was like pre-oshare split when everyone said he would rise so bought in and his price went up. His actual chance of PB/MB never increased.

If Pogba falls go the £5 mark that some people are suggesting then there will be clear value. I actually think he will receive considerably more PB than people are expecting. Given how poorly he played last season you would expect him to do better on MB if he were to move.

Once again it comes down to %ROI and what people would be happy to make. Given his price is still £6.70+ there must still be some big users who are happy to take the dividends.

• @Misto

If we accept that this will be a drawn out saga then there will be a significant amount of MB to be had over the next 6 weeks. Then there will be in all probability periods where his price falls as it looks like he will move then there will be periods where his price rises because he looks like he stays. Therefore wether he stays or goes there will be opportunity to profit and if he stays the profit will be huge.

Personally I think he will still be at united until at least the Christmas transfer window so have today added more futures at what I consider a value price.

I will use dividends to add futures in other players who I believe would rise if he left to try to reduce risk and as I own a relatively large amount this does help.

• @NewUser731 I wouldn’t class myself as a big Pogba holder but I do have a few hundred and have been happy with the dividend return - even with the drops over the last month the return he has given me since I bought 9 months ago and topped up in Jan have covered them (albeit only just now). I must admit to being concerned about his comments and I hold my hands up to being biased in my opinion as a holder but I’m still not convinced he will go. Mainly because Woodward doesn’t want to sell, the Glazers don’t need to and I just cannot see where Real will get the £150m + £300k per week after spending so much money. Added to this the possibilities that Neymar and Mbappe may still be available and a Pogba buy would count RM out of running for 2 arguably bigger worldwide stars (Not to mention ones who are actually needed in that team), I think it has the legs to rumble on through the summer. I agree with @misto that the Ronaldo option is on the table - stay one more season and leave with a blessing rather than forcing the move.

• @GregF my thought though is leaving UTD going to be the absolute cliff edge that people are suggesting? The British press are going to track him if he leaves, he will be at a Spanish Giant, which the British press love, he has the Champions League and he has Euro 2020. So for me his value has another year in it.

I'm certainly not going to be buying more of him at his current price because he is more likely to drop than rise at the moment but I would certainly consider buying more if he was to fall to a level that represented value.

• @NewUser731 it’s a good question. I think the drop offs for most users have already happened, especially after the last day or two so I don’t think it will be Coutinho-esque . Look at Hazard, he was bought in the last month for summer divs and he dropped 10-15% when the transfer happened. At most I think a transfer would be 10% drop given the number of traders who have already jumped, but if he stays he now has potential for a good £2 rise on top of the dividend return over the summer.
    I think someone mentioned before about Warren Buffet investing in airlines after 9/11 knowing they were a sure thing at a bad time. Pog & dividend returns are a sure thing, it just depends whether they are Media heavy at Man Utd or PB heavy at Real I suppose...

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.