Pogba, Hold or sell

• @LuaLua

It's worrying that he thinks a 1p rise... means the same thing for different players.

• @Dan-The-Man it does. Regardless of the ROI cash earned is the same and thats what's important. I'll happily buy 1000 shares in the next bloke to go up 10p whether he costs £10 a share or 10p...what I earn is the same.

• I would hold. I have 500 of him and he's currently at a 15p lost. The season is soon to close, and he'll be in the top 5 MB more times than not. I'm happy to collect the dividends.
    For traders with a low value port, I can see why he would be a risky hold because of his price.

• @Vespasian32 But if its Pogba going up 10p V Terrier going up 10p you're going to make a shedload more off terrier at 89/99p than Pogba's 10p rise as you've got the extra 2% tax to pay out

Or am I wrong

• Pogba is bought for MB dividends. Dividends take patience- like a savings account. Summer media coming. Hold.

• @Munchie63 true story.

• @Munchie63

Doh!

If 2 players rise by 10p, their commission rises the same amount because it's a percentage.

• I don't know if there's a WhatsApp group I'm out of the loop on or if there's a well executed, mass orchestrated troll... or if y'all are serious.... BUT no.... it's not the same.

500 x 6p Rafael Marquez goes up 10p, you've nearly tripled your money. 500 x £7.80 Pogba goes up 10p, you've not even covered the spread to sell him, never mind tripled your money and you've had £3900 tied up instead of £30. Opportunity cost is a real thing people.

• @Dan-The-Man Listen Danny boy 😁

As it stands right now, there is Zero reason that Pulisic won't plummet, he has virtually no MB or BP, yes his price might rise 20% with a couple of goals, but capital appreciation is not exactly security in FI terms, if Pogba was looking like moving to Madrid then I'd dump without blinking, whereas Pulisic moving to a premier league team doesn't mean anything for me, it's already difficult trying to keep all the midfielders happy in Chelsea, he'll be sitting on the bench just as much as every other midfielder, that's when ppl decide to dump, remember 32p drop in price and 20% of his price is gone, Pogba can drop 32p and its only 4%, he'll easily make double that 32p in the summer media days.
    Anyway you clearly don't agree so let's wait and see, as soon as he's won Media a few days in a row then he's attractive again, this my friend is how the market works 😁

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

I don't know if there's a WhatsApp group I'm out of the loop on or if there's a well executed, mass orchestrated troll... or if y'all are serious.... BUT no.... it's not the same.

500 x 6p Rafael Marquez goes up 10p, you've nearly tripled your money. 500 x £7.80 Pogba goes up 10p, you've not even covered the spread to sell him, never mind tripled your money and you've had £3900 tied up instead of £30. Opportunity cost is a real thing people.

We're not stupid Dan, that's only if you are going to sell though, 1p x 500 is the same profit on everyone, obviously not percentage to investment, but what the hell should we do ?? Just buy 30p players ??? I'm here for dividends as no1 reason, capital appreciation is just a bonus that can alter any single minute of every single day.

• @Andy-M

Mate, you're in here preaching Pogba, cos you've got £4k tied up in him lol.

You're right... Pulisic can drop.... he jumped up 16p the other day when it looked like he was about to win MB... it could fall back down a bit but realistically, he's 20 years old... and only just joining Chelsea... chances that he's peaked are slim to nothing. But listen... you've got stuck on Pulisic here. Go back to that original post... see how I said Kane... it's because there's a dozen better options than Pogba.

Pogba on the other hand... one indication from Zidane that you miss and kiss goodbye to a large chunk of that Pogba profit. You're fooling yourself if you think dividends will protect you.

• @Andy-M said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

We're not stupid Dan,

I never thought you were mate, that's why it seemed like a rib.

I'm here for dividends as no1 reason, capital appreciation is just a bonus that can alter any single minute of every single day.

Yeah... I want to see your maths on that.

• @Dan-The-Man who says I have 4k invested??? You think I bought him for £8 🤣🤣

Anyway here's Pulisic 6 months chart

0_1555947770111_Screenshot_20190422-173926_Chrome Beta.jpg

Here's Pogba's 6 months chart

0_1555947800676_Screenshot_20190422-173809_Chrome Beta.jpg

Pretty sure this is due to his previous great form including PB & MB, so what happens if he finds form again ???? I know the answer, do you ??

And I'm praising him because he's proven MB king and PB is great when he's performing...

What back up can you give me on Pulisic???

Unproven American kid, I saw how great he was against England 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Andy-M

That spike was everything to do with:

• Jose Leaving (Pogba won 22MB days in December)
    • Ole taking over and hitting a win streak as Pogba woke up
    • Share split hitting just at the right time

Let's have a look at a more relevant graph though...

0_1555948256375_Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 16.50.05.png

That first drop, was because we over inflated his price in the run up to the share split... then lucky people like me got out and took the profit.

The rebound spike was down to the MB bonus announcement... followed by the next drop, which was likely to be a bunch of people who were caught out by the first drop.

• Tim Weah... Better, younger American! And cheaper. More likely get MB due to his lineage

• @Dan-The-Man Then it makes sense that his next spike will be when the next deposit bonus window kicks in.

• @LuaLua yeah, and the next drop... later that day like a pump and dump.

• @Dan-The-Man so a short term hold then. :) I think i need to get rid of him so i can go buy pulisic.

• @Dan-The-Man What are you trying to say with that more relevant graph ???? I'm pretty sure i see Pogba's price was lower on the 14th April than today, hence the reason I tip him to fly next time he puts in a masterclass, imagine he scores against Citeh and win the game (not that I'm expecting that) the Media would be all about Pogba possibly destroying City's PL hopes and helping Liverpool, it would see Pogba over £8 again.
    One more important thing you are forgetting here, many traders will have Pogba on the market so his price is probably not really £7.77, probably around £7.90, anyway have a great night, off to eat b4 football.

• Anyway, sold the last of my Poggers to market this morning.

Dont have a big enough port to justify holding hundreds of futures in him. Can't see any significant rise in his price any time soon so that money can work better for me elsewhere.

The dividends wouldn't be enough for me. If I could hold a few hundred futures then I would be holding.

I topped up on Salah and spread the rest around my cheaper holds.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.