Pogba, Hold or sell

• @Specksynder

He's been crashing for about a month now. Despite his Europa League success.

0_1558090046630_Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 11.34.17.png

• @Specksynder If they are both at Real and both midfielders, depending on how the style of Real's play suits for the PB matrix. One will be worth something and the other near worthless from a PB point of view.

• @Misto Sounds like Real are going all out, there's going to be a lot of guys who are used to having teams built around them. Should make for interesting watching.

• @Dan-The-Man We know 2 super stars in the same team fighting in the same PB pool rarely works for both players(from a FI point of view). One is a FI darling and the other is a FI dud. Or Real could end up being like City where they have to many quality players and they all struggle to get a decent FI value because the competition to be a clear top dog is to fierce.

What ever happens for now I'm holding my Pogba's. Long live the king.

• @Misto

The king is dead... long live King Kane!

:)

Seriously though.... good luck with Pogba. I know what my luck is like... 2 months from now, I'll be sat here looking at £10 Pogba and £4 Kane.

• @Dan-The-Man

Yeah that's true, I missed the peaking at £5.52 bit, thought you were just talking about today.

I was planning on holding my Hazard's throughout the summer (for MB) and into next season at Real (PB) but the second part has been thrown into some doubt now.

• @Specksynder

I think Hazard is the perfect warning for Pogba holders and your response is precisely why.

The rumours have been rife for Hazard and Pogba, there's no smoke without fire. The news could hit any day now. Hazard has dropped a quid in a month, and even at his super reduced price, you're thinking of getting out of him... which is a perfectly valid thing to do.

How many others out there must be looking on and watching their profits crash on Hazard.

• @Dan-The-Man

I disagree with you a little on that as the Hazard signing has been more or less nailed on for a long time now so his price has decreased more slowly as people are trying to time their exits right to maximise divs while getting a good sale price. he's lost 30p today and that is because of the reclassification.

Pogba can be considered separately as his transfer is by no means certain and he isn't going to get reclassified. Still a risk of course as none of us know what will happen. Personally I've made so much from Pog as to make the current shares I hold freerolls so I'm feeling less pressure. I think if he does go it won't be quick.

• Ok wherever Hazard ends up Pogba now is in competition for PB with Him and Kimmich and god knows how many others that have been reclassified as Midfielders. So Pogba is now going to earn even less PB divs as he is not as a good as the hype suggests. That leaves him with MB as the only div income he is capable of winning and that may drop off if he is playing in Spain away from the Uk media interest. I hope for all Pogba holders that Pogba is reclassified as a Defender to stand any chance of being a value hold.

• @Earshavewalls Pogba isn't a typical pb player... But he wins it occasionally because he takes pens and can score goals. He will still win it occasionally on that basis. His pb 'base' may as well be zero... But on a day he scores two goals and one gwg he will post 200+
    If he ends up at a team giving him more freedom like a #10 licence to get on the end of crosses or take more shots around the box... He can easily score 15 goals

• @Earshavewalls said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Pogba is now going to earn even less PB divs as he is not as a good as the hype suggests. That leaves him with MB as the only div income he is capable of winning.

Hype has nothing to do with winning pb divs. He's won the 4th most pb divs this year. Kimmich and Hazard will barely impact his divs wins. This debate has turned into farce.

• @LuaLua

I think what we have to take into account with Hazard and Pogba is that they're playing together if they end up at Real... so you would expect them to share the best midfielder awards from time to time.

The other thing to remember is that at Chelsea, they build around Hazard. At United, they built around Pogba. At Real... who will they build around? Building around a player gets that player more passes, etc.

• @Dan-The-Man If they're in the same team it might impact pb yeah altho that's not what he was talking about.

• @LuaLua

Even if they aren't... they're still competing with each most weeks now that they are in the same position, so presumably they'll still both get less, not to mention KDB is back this year, so they should get less anyway and there'll be someone else like Bernado Silva coming through.

Could be good news for whoever Hazard normally beats to get best forward...

• @Dan-The-Man said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@LuaLua

Even if they aren't... they're still competing with each most weeks now that they are in the same position, so presumably they'll still both get less, not to mention KDB is back this year, so they should get less anyway and there'll be someone else like Bernado Silva coming through.

I agree altho there are plenty of people going out and plenty of people reclassified as strikers and defenders so i imagine it evens out. Also i think word on the street is that hazard and kimmich and the others are being changed back to original positions.

• @LuaLua Optagate continues!

• @LuaLua

PogbaDividend Stats 2018/19 Season

Total Dividends : £1.56 - of which £1.31 MB Divs
    PB Divs : £0.25 |

HazardDividend Stats 2018/19 Season

Total Dividends : £0.78 - of which £0.59 MB Divs.
    PB Divs : £0.19 |

£0.06 more PB over the season isn't that much better, although better agreed. Hazard was also up against forwards such as Messi ,Ronaldo, kane,Neymar,Mbappe.Sancho and Salah all in or around the top 20 on FI.

Pogba was up against a few but fewer around the top 20 as midfielders ,in fact 2 are in the top twenty, Foden and Havertz.

I think its difficult to judge but Hazard has done a great job winning as much PB as a forward and has had it harder than Pogba who it appears on paper ,had less competition.If Hazard remains classified as a Midfielder ,I think as I stated earlier, Pogba will struggle to rack up pb at the same rate as Hazard especially if as they may be in the same team and even more so if Messi as possible next season moves back into Midfield for Barcelona.

With the changes bringing to light that position reclassification has an affect it would be churlish to ignore how players have performed in the position they have been classified previously and who they were in competition with for PB divs. This then can be included in your assessment of a players likely value in the new position.

• 0_1558211447386_upload-8668c12b-4ac9-48db-b76a-6b2f1746413e

All the ranked scores of pb winners on every match day.
    Midfielders have a slightly higher winning average so its tougher for pogba to win than hazard.
    Yet he's actually won more than sancho, mbappe, Kane and salah combined.

I agree if hazard was to be reclassified as a midfielder it becomes a bit more difficult to win pb for all other midfielders.
    If they are in the same team they probably both suffer. (Altho they might form the best partnership in the modern era. Both so talented)

• Pogba and neymars days are numbered. Sterling, mbappe and sancho are the future. I remember the old days of ronaldo, rivaldo and Ronaldinho. They were proper Brazilian players and Zidane. Vieria and Henry were the French masters of football. Pogba and neymar couldn’t lace their boots, as a youngster I was memorised by the above, I look at pogba and neymar and they’re good players but highly overrated.

• @DavidMUFC1987 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

Pogba and neymars days are numbered. Sterling, mbappe and sancho are the future. I remember the old days of ronaldo, rivaldo and Ronaldinho. They were proper Brazilian players and Zidane. Vieria and Henry were the French masters of football. Pogba and neymar couldn’t lace their boots, as a youngster I was memorised by the above, I look at pogba and neymar and they’re good players but highly overrated.

Hmm... Couple of points I disagree with there. Not a bad thing, just wanted to offer my thoughts.

Neymar and Pogba shouldn't be grouped together in such a way. Neymar had a good season. Lengthy injury layoff but when he's fit, his PB is incredible. Similar to Messi. Pogba is a mile away unless he scores a penalty or two. He also relies too heavily on MB to prop up his value. Not a bad thing in itself, but the opposite of Neymar in a way.

As for Sterling. Not convinced he's the 'future'. He's great now but what happens when Pep leaves? Only a matter of time surely?

Mbappe is notorious for being a poor PB player. Great striker away from FI though, but I can't see him reaching Neymar's level without changing his game completely.

Not sure I'd rate Ronaldinho above Neymar just yet. Maybe at the end of his career, but too early imo. Let's see what he achieves first.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.