Pogba, Hold or sell

• @Kelly18 regardless of the different merits whether Pogba is a good hold or not, it's probably best to cut your teeth by messing around with less expensive players while you learn the market.

That would be the best bit of advice I could offer at the minute. ๐Ÿ‘

• @Ericali much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

Id ike to think in the 3 months I've been here I've learnt a lot although with SS and various promotions I'm not naive enough to think my numbers are a true and fair reflection of the market. Ive invested quite a bit and Ive had a pretty good return but I find pogba to be my "unicorn" and despite not holding him I still follow what is happening and wonder......

• @Kelly18 said in Pogba, Hold or sell:

@Ericali much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

Id ike to think in the 3 months I've been here I've learnt a lot although with SS and various promotions I'm not naive enough to think my numbers are a true and fair reflection of the market. Ive invested quite a bit and Ive had a pretty good return but I find pogba to be my "unicorn" and despite not holding him I still follow what is happening and wonder......

Haha - don't look at his eyes... DON'T LOOK AT HIS EYES!!

Pogba may turn out to be that "unicorn" but in racing terms he also may well end up being taken round the back of a tent & shot! ๐Ÿ’€

One to observe from afar & let the dust settle if you're a potential new investor.

• @Ericali thanks for that.
    I was 99% certain I wanted to leave it alone and have since chosen to invest elsewhere and take out a small amount of profit. I've watched the forum for months and have seen you have contributed a lot to various discussions. The fact you didn't pump when there was an obvious opportunity to do so has helped and so for that reason, on chasing this particular unicorn, to coin a phrase "I'm out"

• @Kelly18

As you can tell by reading this giant thread... I think Pogba is a major risk.

That's not to say that I don't think you can make a ton of money out of him. High risk = high reward.

I'm here for the safety of FI. That's what attracts me. Spread that Pogba money over 40 players. Most will rise. One or two, will double, maybe even triple. You'll be left with a solid portfolio.

I just think if you're going to lump a lot on someone... you want to be confident about his situation. Or... as confident as you can be.

That said... it's all about your time commitment too. Is Pogba much risk over the space of 4 years? Probably not. The amount of new traders FI will attract in that time, will mean his price will likely grow higher than it is today at some point. How patient are you?

For example, if the news drops and he dips ยฃ2 are you willing to wait until the Euro tournament next year or the next World Cup?

• Now we are on the verge of the 5 MB places is anyone thinking of investing in the underperforming, overpaid, sulking, lazy World Cup winning Pogba.

I don't think he will be sold and therefore will start at Utd in August which could go either way, as there is not much debate about his talent but I feel his influence in the dressing room is toxic, as when he wants to play Utd play well, when he doesn't, they stink the place out.

Difficult one this, what do you think? (I don't own any by the way)

• I think we need to add โ€˜buyโ€™ as an option?

Iโ€™m on the verge of buying, he is about 20% of my portfolio value and Iโ€™m finding him buyable again. Iโ€™m ready to buy for the 10% bonus and he might be the one.

• @Dan-The-Man thatโ€™s the name of the game for me. His price now versus his price in three months time has no relevance to me. His price when I bought him versus his price around the 2022 World Cup is what Iโ€™m in for. Weโ€™ll have another share split by then. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @Le-Blanc

Good luck.

• Kane CRASHING BADLY down 6p in 24hrs PANIC SELL!!! <--- should I create a thread with this name I wonder...

• Pulisic PLUMMETTING get out NOW #Overpriced!! 10p Down in 2 Weeks

• What's happened to he's media buzz ? He won it 2 days running last week and been ignored since then

• @Vespasian32 If you think Kane is a risky buy and you can offer a reasonable argument as to why then there is no reason not to make a thread and start a discussion on it. That's what the forum is all about. Given that Kane has constantly been on the up and there is no reason to expect anything different I highly doubt you can make the case.

I'm conflicted on my Pogba holding. He could be a great hold if he stays or a terrible hold if he leaves and with hindsight I might have made a different decision when I had the option of Selling at a higher price. Kane slipping 6p at the same time that all of the big boys are on temporary slump is a very poor comparison.

• @NewUser303261 what about his injury issues and shitty dividend returns compared to his peers?

• @Vespasian32 Is that you making our case for him being a risky hold?

Any player would take a dip with an ankle injury. Kane's value has gone up by nearly 33% in the last few months despite getting an injury within that time.

Pogba's value has been typically down the last few weeks. If he goes to Mardid he won't be the MB machine he has been of late and his value will go down further.

You really believe Kane is as risky a hold as Pogba? Feel free explain your reasoning further.

• @NewUser303261 i think @Vespasian32 was being deliberately facetious/sarcastic to make a point. ๐Ÿ‘

• @Vespasian32 ? out of the top 10 players think he's got the 5th best yield this season.

• @Keegans-Bluff probs best to avoid him with a shitty stick then and invest in the other 4.

• @Keegans-Bluff You realise that "who is better value at current price" and "who is a safer hold given current trends and possible future developments" are very different questions to "who yielding better last season" and likely has different answers.

Since this thread went lice, pogbas price has gone down by nearly a pound and kane is up about 60p. That's even when kane has been off injured the whole time.

• There appears to be a media blackout on pogba. Surely there has been a news story on him yesterday and today.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.