Gareth bale

• If he drops more top up, it's a good thing in the long run, other people's bad decisions make you money

• If the article was on any other day of the week it wouldn’t have had any impact - unfortunately the Monday sell-off can cause users to be a little more rash than usual.

He will pick back up again for sure

• Monday sell offs will be interesting during the cash bonus period... People unlikely to withdraw atm... So do they put it in the youth bubble or sit on it till match day as cash balance?

• @MrWh1te No and I understand what you are saying but not everyone looks at it that way. He is down -16p in the last 24 hrs. It is also true that others are in the same boat and you mentioned Pogba which is another being debated on a separate thread. Its my own personal belief that people pulling out of him for a couple of bad performances in a shit manure side is also panic selling with the summer coming and dividends galore to be had.

• This is madness. No chance he goes to China. Far more likely Man U. Would love him at Spurs but wages too high. I'm topping up...

• Just gone back up a couple pence,I’ve just topped up a few

• He is 30 at the start of next season, he is on 350k after tax and his form has been declining all season. Who would risk him? Manchester United wont be in the Champions league and probably not for a while.

• @speedloafer 30 is in his prime, between 28 and 32 should be his best years. His form has been declining because he has been in and out of a poor Real team, yes he has picked up a few injuries as well but given a run of games i'm sorry but the guy can be devastating. As @Hotspur said above I would love him back at Spurs, he is a next level player but his wages would be too much for us even at a cut.

• He won't go to China. He barely seems to have settled in Spain which is much more similar to the UK culturally than China so I figure a non Western country is probably unlikely at least until he reaches the last year of his career i.e age 34/35.

I found the articles about Madrid sending him out on loan interesting as I think this opens up a whole host of further options and clubs within Europe and particularly the EPL. A deal similar to the Rodriguez one may appeal to significantly more clubs as they never actually have to pay the full transfer fee and they only have to fund the wages for say 2 years.

• @ChintzyMoon His game is based on power and pace I don't think he will be the same player in 2 years time (32). If Spurs make Champions League football and he was willing to take a pay cut it could happen, but apart from that. Maybe Man Utd, maybe PSG if Neymar leaves, I cant think of any other clubs that would pay the wages apart from China etc.

I don't think he will go out on loan like Rodriguez. Bayern paid a lump sum up front and covered his wages (which were cut) and he goes back to Real at 27 if Bayern dont want him. I don't think Madrid would want Bale back at 33 for 1 season on 350k. They will be looking to sell.

• The more desperate madrid get they will just cut the price, bale wont be short of admirers.

• to me, it barely makes sense to send him on loan, even for a fee. Better to sell at a reduced (still big) price, and use that to re-invest.

• Zidane wants rid of Bale, that is clear.

I firmly believe that Bale wants to leave Madrid also, but is adopting a stance of wishing to stay, in order that he is payed loyalty bonuses etc.

If he requests a transfer, my understanding is that he would then forgo specific bonuses due to him, which probably total millions of euros.

I think the same thing happened with Rooney at Man Utd when the Everton move was rumoured.

I very much doubt he would end up in China and that is just scaremongering. He can't even speak Spanish after 5 years there ...

On his day, he is a cracking player. But his injury record and durability give me the fear. I previously held futures in him and he is my single biggest loss and mistake on the index.

You won't fool me twice Mr Bale ... 🤣

• I'm holding a few and am intending to keep until at least the summer, as with the top 5 paying out media divs, I would expect a few payouts here as his future becomes clearer. Unless he comes back to England though, I am anticipating cashing out before the new season starts.

• I'm keeping him. Bought him after the Summer announcement for MB. He'll easily be in the top 5 most of the time.

• Think everyone will be shocked how much players go up and down in the transfer window. It's not over till its over. Just think back to morata lukaku debacle. Yoyo prices.

• @johnboywalker Ziane played him when he was in charge first time round, That said, he left him out of the CL final XI until that overhead kick left Bale with the last laugh.

Bale isnt popular with the crowd so selling him makes Zidane look good. Plus, he has Isco and Asensio who he likes, and Vinicius and Vasquez.

Anything at all he generates for Bale goes towards Hazard.

RE transfer requests. Your correct. no request = player gets 10% of the transfer fee. Hand in a request and that drops to 5%. That's standard fees, and Bale may well have a better deal. Hard to imagine he actually needs the money though

• @Munchie63 said in Gareth bale:

@johnboywalker Ziane played him when he was in charge first time round, That said, he left him out of the CL final XI until that overhead kick left Bale with the last laugh.

Bale isnt popular with the crowd so selling him makes Zidane look good. Plus, he has Isco and Asensio who he likes, and Vinicius and Vasquez.

Anything at all he generates for Bale goes towards Hazard.

RE transfer requests. Your correct. no request = player gets 10% of the transfer fee. Hand in a request and that drops to 5%. That's standard fees, and Bale may well have a better deal. Hard to imagine he actually needs the money though

His agent will obviously want his slice though. It’s a bloody pantomime.

• @Tom77 well, the agents are paid by the club for handling the deal, then a % from the player. They do a wonderful job to earn their money...I mean, how could 2 club chairman possibly negotiate and agree a deal without at least 2 agents involved

• Been thinking with the links to man utd. If Bale does go to them who becomes man utd’s media darling does Pogba keep his crown or will the media favour writing about Bale?

My thoughts are that if he does sign it will hit pogba holders hard

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.