Understanding the Bonus

• Hi All,

I wanted to ask, with this 10% bonus until the end of April, does only newly deposited money which is spent, qualify for the bonus? E.g. I had £40 quid unused (in the top right corner), which I spent, but not sure if it is counted (P.S I opted in on the evening it was announced).

Another question, I read several days ago people asking whether it was the net number of shares/futures, or net money spent. Logically I assume it is net money spent but can anyone confirm this for peace of mind? :)

Also, with a bonus of 1k being offered, that is incredibly generous, no? Surely a big spendercan come along, dump £10k in, spend it all on a low risk player who doesnt fluctuate much in value (but just enough to cover the instant sell gap), sell all before the 30th and cash in a lovely 1k? If this is true, acceptable (and not immoral), I would love to do this if I had just £1k to throw at it! Let alone £10k!

• Your original £40 cash balance will count towards the bonus. Assuming you buy shares with it and don't leave it as cash balance. It is 10% of (total money bought vs sold)

Yes it is net money not net shares.

Yes a big spender can drop £10k on a player on the last day... And instant sell the next day and win £1000 bonus.

(the thing to consider with the last... If they choose a cheap player... Their buys will increase the players price but also the spread so they would lose a few pence per share. If they buy someone more expensive there will already be plenty of commission and spread to eat into (if not all of) the 10% bonus)

• @Leclerc said in Understanding the Bonus:

Hi All,

I wanted to ask, with this 10% bonus until the end of April, does only newly deposited money which is spent, qualify for the bonus? E.g. I had £40 quid unused (in the top right corner), which I spent, but not sure if it is counted (P.S I opted in on the evening it was announced).

Another question, I read several days ago people asking whether it was the net number of shares/futures, or net money spent. Logically I assume it is net money spent but can anyone confirm this for peace of mind? :)

Also, with a bonus of 1k being offered, that is incredibly generous, no? Surely a big spendercan come along, dump £10k in, spend it all on a low risk player who doesnt fluctuate much in value (but just enough to cover the instant sell gap), sell all before the 30th and cash in a lovely 1k? If this is true, acceptable (and not immoral), I would love to do this if I had just £1k to throw at it! Let alone £10k!

This was why it was incredibly stupid to advertise a promotion and then have a deposit bonus.

It was basically suggesting people should withdraw money from the index a week before the bonus and then putting it back in again to milk the bonus. I think its acceptable to take advantage of basically stupidity from FI. Next time, there is a big announcement then people will withdraw in case its another bonus.

Not necessarily saying the bonus itself was a bad idea ..... just telegraphing and encouraging people to milk it.

• @mike778 yeh but I did that... Withdrew a couple grand before the announcement.. Only for them to make it a retrospective promotion! I started £2000 on the wrong side... Fuckers

• Thanks for the assistance guys, I was worried that it was all about depositing new money! Unfortunately Im not a huge spender on FI so every little quid helps :)

But wow this platform must be churning an amazing amount of money if they are willing to throw a max bonus of 1k each to everybody!

• @Leclerc said in Understanding the Bonus:

But wow this platform must be churning an amazing amount of money if they are willing to throw a max bonus of 1k each to everybody!

*max bonus of £3k each to everybody! The second part of the promotion is 5% of net trades up to a max of £2k

• Also, does commission account for the total sales value amount?

E.g. I sell Player X for £80 (40 x £2). Would the value of the player sale without commission (80) be accounted for when tallying up the overall total sale value by the end of April, or would this figure be £78.40?

Apologies for the many questions!

• @Leclerc as far as I'm aware mate its the sale figure before any commission comes off

total net buys minus any sales, and you get 10% on 1st May

• Thanks for all the help guys!

Time to go drown my sorrows with my Hudson Odoi and Pogba losses 😂

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.