Trader Psychology: Stubborness

• A lot of us carry on with holds that aren't profitable, waiting for a price rise that never comes. Everyone presumably has a Patrick Cutrone that they hang onto. Who's your albatross and why are you keeping him?

I'll go first (apart from my Cutrone admission)

I still own Yerry Mina 21p down from when i first bought him. Keeping him as i think they'll integrate him back from injury into the pre-season and that he's a goal scoring beast of a defender. I guess the risk is he's not suited to the EPL.

• That's an easy one for me - FRED!
    Bought at £0.71 and now at £0.64. Not a massive drop, but I did buy a lot.
    Something is still telling me that he will come good though, or certainly go up in value.
    He's a £50 million purchase and finally getting game time under OGS. He'll either establish himself, or United will have to try and recoup some of that transfer fee.
    Time will tell, or I will finally stop kidding myself that I've not bought an absolute lemon! 🍋

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Trader Psychology: Stubborness:

That's an easy one for me - FRED!
    Bought at £0.71 and now at £0.64. Not a massive drop, but I did buy a lot.
    Something is still telling me that he will come good though, or certainly go up in value.
    He's a £50 million purchase and finally getting game time under OGS. He'll either establish himself, or United will have to try and recoup some of that transfer fee.
    Time will tell, or I will finally stop kidding myself that I've not bought an absolute lemon! 🍋

He's getting game time and every time he plays utd look worse

• I've had loads of these and in the early days would never sell in red but someone gave me some great advice on here (can't remember who it was) basically saying you shouldn't be too stubborn to sell in the red... especially if by selling you can profit quickly on a player going the opposite direction!!!

My worst holds right now are Gabi Jesus and Nicolo Zaniolo just because i purchased them at the wrong time but I do see them rising with a bit of form and consistency next season... But i've sold most of my useless cheap PB holds recently... the last of a bad bunch is Alfred Finbogossan who despite scoring 10 Bundesliga goals in 18 games since August is down 0.05p... Not sure why i'm still keeping him? He's currently out injured and hasn't scored a league goal since Feb (where he got three) and doesn't even fit my remit (Messi aside) of players under 30... But he's low risk and there's a very slim chance that he might one day get me a PB win... That's as long as Augsburg stay up!!!!

• I'm a stick in the mud... As I am no stranger to instant sell. The platform is profitable enough to take a loss and move on... I don't understand holding a losing stock whilst all around are making money.

• At the moment it’s kroos but then I brought him 2 months ago for summer media, which i keep reminding myself as he continues to drop. Sometimes you have to remind yourself the reason you got in.

• I hold just over 100 players, 20+ are 1-5 share holds as a tracking method.
    Many of the players mentioned already I hold but my biggest fall has been Joshua Kimmich -38p.
    My advice to anyone holding in the red is, just wait because at some point over a season they’ll score or have an outstanding game or get linked to another club and they’ll shoot up. Maybe not to cover all your losses but should come pretty close.
    Some players I hold at a loss:
    Kimmich
    Messi
    Martial
    Andre Silva
    Andre Gomes
    Gabriel Jesus

• Vinicius Junior
    Kai Havertz
    Krysztof Piatek

Bought all three as they peaked and held at a loss ever since. Still got faith in them though!