Timo Werner 1/5 to go to Liverpool?!? wtf

• I see on Paddy Power hes 1/5 to move to Liverpool?? I cant understand hows hes such a low price when ive heard very little from anywhere else about him going there. If anything I would've though Bayern would've been far more likely and yet hes priced at 3/1 to go there. Don't hold him yet but debating jumping on as the bookies seem confident

• Didnt know that, although nothing of any certainty yet to warrant those odds.

• @Dat-Asian-Boi he was heavily linked to Liverpool last week to the point where it seemed as a done deal. Kloop is an admirer but take those speculations with a pinch of salt. Bayern would make sense but if Liverpool are in for him it wouldn't surprise me if he went there instead. Depends if Kloop could fit him into hist style of play as he is more of an out and out striker. That saying they defo need decent cover someone to come in and not ruffle the front 3 but to offer something else. I also think both Origi and Sturridge will leave in my opinion whilst question marks over Shaqiri as he seems to not want to play him at all anymore

• I think Bayern is a nailed on move.

Lewa is a great player but is getting older. Not sure how much fall-out there is from the training ground fight with Coman either. Prob not much tbh.

But Muller and Lewa getting older, and Werner has pace to spare. Stays in the same league, wins titles, plays CL with a chance to win it. And he's only 23.

I'm guessing its purely linking Liverpool due to Klopp's time in the Bundesliga.

• There were multiple articles basically saying how Sadio Mane and Naby Keita had talked to him about moving to Liverpool and encouraging the move (this was back in February this year). We all know what happens when Liverpool players talk to ex team mates (Firmino talking to Fabinho and Alisson)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-timo-werner-naby-keita-sadio-mane-latest-jurgen-klopp-champions-league-a8777376.html

• @benmorley24 said in Timo Werner 1/5 to go to Liverpool?!? wtf:

There were multiple articles basically saying how Sadio Mane and Naby Keita had talked to him about moving to Liverpool and encouraging the move (this was back in February this year). We all know what happens when Liverpool players talk to ex team mates (Firmino talking to Fabinho and Alisson)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-transfer-news-timo-werner-naby-keita-sadio-mane-latest-jurgen-klopp-champions-league-a8777376.html

I wish Firmino had talked a bit more to Fred.

• @benmorley24
    or Timo could look at Keita not starting and Mane rumoured to be off and think 'no thanks'.

just playing devils advocate here. But he's just turned 23 and a German Intn'l.

Unless he was really pally and room-mates with one of those 2 I dont think that swings it.
    With Firminho and the other 2 there was more to it, and tbf, all Brazilians too.

• @Munchie63 Well Naby and Timo were good mates and played very well together as I'm pretty sure (Don't quote me on this) that Naby assisted Timo more than a few times. Also the Mane rumours I believe are rubbish and just the Media trying to sell a story it happened last year also. Mane came out and said that he wants to become a Liverpool legend as well as a premier league legend. He won't become a legend if he leaves this summer. Also Firmino is a quality player don't get me wrong but we still need a backup player or competition and Werner would be ideal as not only will he offer competition and potentially become the starting striker he is also a very different striker to what Firmino is. Can you imagine the pace of that front 3... Salah, Mane and Werner XD