PB and MB means nothing anymore

• Since the market grew at an incredible rate after say December it has become more of a Fantasy football game, This was how I thought it was when I joined actually, I then realised that the point behind the whole system was to find players that can earn traders buckets full of cash through dividends.
    Unfortunately this is no longer the case with a high percentage of the market, now you just have to find the new trend/hype and jump on for unrelated reasons to FI logic, I'm in good profit as it stands, I'll be watching carefully between now and the start of next season and making a decision if this is still interesting for me as an investment, the logic behind selling huge quantities in players we should be expecting to rise is just too stressful, buying a player because he MIGHT one day be FI great and watching his price fly is fine, but watching proven players drop like flies is mind boggling, I know there's money to be made by just following suit, but as i said it's not exactly my reasoning for being here.
    I'm sure there are many traders here that agree with me, and I'm sure that there are many traders here that love the new trends, just feels more and more like a gamble every day.
    One last thing, I thought like many other traders that the new 900 shares = 1p would make the market less volatile, but it's actually been more volatile since the SS.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and enjoy the Derby tonight whether it's for FI reasons or as a supporter of either club. C'mon you Reds 💪🏻

• @Andy-M you're not looking at the bigger picture. The bigger players that are earning good PB scores are worthless for 3 months hence why alot of young players/guranteed movers are getting the money. Saying MB is worthless is short sighted when that's all people are talking about and taking it into consideration for the summer months. If your using Pogba as an example the one team he's being linked to is Real, seems a player moving put of PL is bad and people maybe taking this into account regardless of what it could mean for PB. Big PB players will see money loaded back into them.

• The issue with the 900 shares is that prices are plummeting soooooooooooooo quickly, yet it takes an age to rise again. It's meaning that profits are generally on the down for investors, rather than increasing.
    The instant selling has caused most of this. I'm not having a go at anyone for using instant sell, it definitely has its place. But when used by so many (see Kane or CHO), prices drop hugely. It takes a very long time to recover

• I'm a PB man...bonus to recent trend is now getting cheap shares in PB players, meaning the PB %return will be greater...but yes the worry is the cap dep makes the divs pointless.

I do think though it's a lot of sheep not understanding the PB game yet, and when they season starts and leads to xmas PB will be the trend.

I think a lot of these 'divendend worthless players' bubbles will burst, as too many are caught up in a pyramid scheme of matchattax. Those buying these yth trends late will get burnt and might end up quitting the market.

• @Shippers I'm aware of how it works, I have many big names that are also MB gold and dropping a lot, I wouldn't have just written this without backup, my portfolio has dropped 2k in a week, a chunk was CHO so not really concerned about that drop, but Pogba, Rashford, Sancho and several others that will be transfer speculation the whole summer, why would these be dropping like they are?? And then there's several players rising all the time with next to zero chance of winning MB under the summer period.

Most of the players I have that have dropped are in some way linked to mass MB through the summer.

• @Andy-M Do you not think that the top end of the market were overpriced on the back of their artificial pumping for 3 months leading to the ss and then again for the media announcement?
    How could players justify being £24 with MB only going up by a relatively small amount at the dividend re-structure. People were picking up the vast majority of that media dividend when the big players were £10.

• @Andy-M most money is going into players guaranteed moves I feel, Pepe, Fernandes, most Ajax players for example. Smaller players prices i guess you put in and prices increases enough to get MB if the pop into top 200. The pogba move is scarring people, he moves to Real he potentionally loses alot of MB and also PB as I doubt he will be on pens. Rashford baffles me as has nations league but his price will go up. Sancho whilst getting spec think people feel he will stay or are just taking out profit. Alot of the big hitters will still get MB but as it will be quiet months alot of money will move with each bit of speculation. We saw it in Jan

• @SgtSnowman said in PB and MB means nothing anymore:

The issue with the 900 shares is that prices are plummeting soooooooooooooo quickly, yet it takes an age to rise again. It's meaning that profits are generally on the down for investors, rather than increasing.
    The instant selling has caused most of this. I'm not having a go at anyone for using instant sell, it definitely has its place. But when used by so many (see Kane or CHO), prices drop hugely. It takes a very long time to recover

It takes the same amount to drop and to rise.

• Oh @Andy-M, you’ve been on here long enough to know this thing works in cycles. I’m not going to sit here and tell you what to do, we signed up around the some time last year and you’ve made far more than I have, but one question to you -how many times have you advised traders that patience is key?

I know it’s difficult to see profits being eaten into, but if you still believe in the players that you bought, and the reasons you bought them are still there then maybe you should take your own advice...

• @Andy-M are you here "To make money" or "To be right"

0_1556111479174_upload-4ef3364e-cf95-429a-838f-46e7b6a7f015

• @GregF I know mate, I'm being patient imo, and i did state I'll just watch until beginning of the next season, that's 4 months from now, hardly like I'm selling up, but if I'd just started recently I'd probably panic and sell up.

I know it goes in cycles, that's not really what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the logic of why we are all here seems to have disappeared with the traders that joined since December, if you have a player and he isn't the 1st goal scorer then you can sit and watch the price drop, just makes no sense, it was definitely not like this in August, yes slight price adjustments now and again, but now it's every single match

• @TheSleepingGiant said in PB and MB means nothing anymore:

@Andy-M are you here "To make money" or "To be right"

0_1556111479174_upload-4ef3364e-cf95-429a-838f-46e7b6a7f015

I'm here to be proved wrong and make money, and I am making money, just getting bored with certain behaviour on the market.

• last 5 PB scores
    Pogba: 47,29,272,18,-10
    Rashford: 21,3,37,23,89
    Sancho: 196,205,-20,109,143

Sancho obviously has been performing well, but why wouldn't Pogba and Rashford drop in value?
    In Pogba, you have a player who is not performing regularly for £7.50. For that I could buy 10 futures in Defender Niklas Sule, whose last 5 scores are 217,131,119,27 and 185. PB normally helps drive the price of a player up, but with some players, they are expected to perform regularly so when they don't reach the highest heights of performance, they'll drop

I think PB and MB are still very important, but now people are looking at having a player who is in form and has the potential for a transfer and a hefty rise (the only way Pogba would increase from a transfer is if he signed for Man City and a guaranteed MB king every day for the whole of summer if so!), rather than solely picking someone because they pick up MB or PB on their own.

• Surely if the dividends have gone up and the prices are lower than yields on new futures purchased will therefore be better? I am using these lower prices to top up on Pogba and Neymar. I recall doing the same with Pogba when Mourinho was sacked and he tanked in price and then his PB started to improve.

I am then using the enhanced dividends to buy at the lower end of the market so for me, hopefully it is a win win.

I think the main difference is that you need to plan your exit carefully. I sold some Sancho last week before his recent drop as I needed to free up a few quid. This week he is down 10p and I would have had to chose someone else. You can't rely on a player staying high at a certain exit point if you need to sell on a given date.

Futures need to be treated more as commodities and it is difficult to have loyalty to any player long term.

• @Moukoko Pogba has not exactly been king of PB since i began, I hold him for MB and the odd PB.

And this is where the Logic gets me, let's take Messi for example, the guy is a monster in everything FI related, so why is he dropping in price ?? He has 2 semi finals in CL with Triple PB, possibly a final with T.PB, 4 league games all falling on T.PB days, probably winning several awards on the way, Copa America in the summer, he's also in the media a lot and 5 places available all summer, so where is the logic ???
    Please don't say his age, he's got 3, 4 years left at the top.
    Sorry i just don't get it.

Can't wait for some of these overpriced kids bubbles to burst.

• @Andy-M something else to remember is the advertisment they have mentioned and the deals taking place in the coming months. This will see new money into all players at some point as the index grows again. You know yourself how it's grown and and whilst new people join, old users could rejoin who felt it was a bit of a scam originally. We don't know what's round the corner but it all looks very promising. You mention patience but then create a post like this. If you larger players fall and then rise back to where they were in 4 months (start of new season) and eventually go above whilst also earning divs in the meantime then surely there is no issue really.

• @Shippers said in PB and MB means nothing anymore:

@Andy-M something else to remember is the advertisment they have mentioned and the deals taking place in the coming months. This will see new money into all players at some point as the index grows again. You know yourself how it's grown and and whilst new people join, old users could rejoin who felt it was a bit of a scam originally. We don't know what's round the corner but it all looks very promising. You mention patience but then create a post like this. If you larger players fall and then rise back to where they were in 4 months (start of new season) and eventually go above whilst also earning divs in the meantime then surely there is no issue really.

Yes I believe people should have patience, I am also human and have concerns at times, that's why I'm loving the traders like yourself that are picking me back up whilst I'm getting dragged into this fear, and I thank you all for that, I'm not trying to scare anyone, why would I do that when I've got most of my savings in here.

Huge thanks everyone.

Message to self.....

0_1556112935842_Screenshot_20190424-153452_Samsung Internet.jpg

• @Andy-M

@Shippers is quite correct

0_1556112827930_upload-38dde815-82ea-4e87-bba9-9afd8d8e0eb0

Which one are you?

• @Andy-M no problem fella

• @Andy-M It is probably age. There's been a lot of talk recently that it's expected that Messi will move back into a more midfield maestro role. While I think he'll still bang them in for a couple of years even if he moves back, people will be looking at him and maybe shifting some money into Mbappe or Neymar (have no futures in either)

He doesn't hit the heights for Argentina that he does for Barcelona, and he is definitely not going to transfer somewhere, so where's that MB over summer coming from?

I feel like I am just being negative for the sake of it, and I don't want to be, I genuinely believe Messi is the greatest player of his generation and will be smashing in 30 goals a season for a few more years, but the risk/reward will be too high for some new users (I certainly am not looking at spending £5 a future on any player right now). I'm also not advocating only buying all young players in non PB leagues hoping they sign for West Ham next season so they can be offloaded for profit (and I think Joao Felix is due a big drop in value that will catch a few out). But if you spot a player you think is going to be a good top league player shortly, you could be picking up some short term PB and MB gains, followed by a 100/200% increase in capital.

I try to think about it like the premier league. You have the big boys who have been around for a while and have funds that they can drop big money on world class players, and you have those with no experience or anywhere near the means who are hoping that their new striker from Uzbekistan is going to perform above their level so you can stick around long enough to become one of the big boys.

There's a hell of a lot of ways to win or lose money in FI and as long s it's not cheating, I am fine with however people do it. I might not make my millions playing it, but it's getting me better returns than a savings account or conventional gambling so far