Arsenal

• Getting smashed like Cantona's egg

0_1556136195556_upload-312b06cf-986c-4071-ad78-8dde511d0fd3

• Have we any gooners on here???? Be interesting to know whether they are happier now they sacked.. sorry pushed Wenger into retirement?

I initially liked what Emery did but it seems almost a season in to his tenure Arsenal have the same old issues... flakey at the back.. no real steel in midfield... ever reliant on Ozil not turning up... but still semi attractive in attack at times...

What next for Arsenal???? Does the Emery Out Brigade depend on Europa League success & 4th spot? Or will he be given time over the transfer window and early part of next season before you all start calling for his head???

From an FI perspective I hold futures in over 50 different players because i like a wide diverse portfolio based around the top PB clubs.. not one is from Arsenal... Aubamayeng perhaps and Lacazette aside I just don't see any value right now although I do like the look of Ainsley Maitland Niles and would be keen to ask.. what has happened to my favourite early half of the season mighty insect Lucas Torreira????

Plenty of questions to be answered in Islington???

• @dannypea said in Arsenal:

Have we any gooners on here???? Be interesting to know whether they are happier now they sacked.. sorry pushed Wenger into retirement?

I initially liked what Emery did but it seems almost a season in to his tenure Arsenal have the same old issues... flakey at the back.. no real steel in midfield... ever reliant on Ozil not turning up... but still semi attractive in attack at times...

What next for Arsenal???? Does the Emery Out Brigade depend on Europa League success & 4th spot? Or will he be given time over the transfer window and early part of next season before you all start calling for his head???

From an FI perspective I hold futures in over 50 different players because i like a wide diverse portfolio based around the top PB clubs.. not one is from Arsenal... Aubamayeng perhaps and Lacazette aside I just don't see any value right now although I do like the look of Ainsley Maitland Niles and would be keen to ask.. what has happened to my favourite early half of the season mighty insect Lucas Torreira????

I've always been Wenger 4 life. Only he can work miracles with a shit squad and a shit chairman...

• I only hold Niles. Don't trust any of the other crap. NIles is solid. Hopefully he gets put in the defenders on FI next season and he then could be decent PB right back as he gets forward loads and puts crosses in.

• Haha been in too many arguments with arsenal fans in person and forums... I'm Wenger through and through. He is a legend and never deserved any of the criticism he got. For what he did for us he should have been allowed to leave when he wanted on his own terms.

Nothing against Emery particularly... Wasn't in the best position when he took over will take a few seasons rebuilding to get us anywhere near City. I'm happy to give him time... Just as happy to sack him and give Eddie Howe a chance tho...

• @dannypea said in Arsenal:

Have we any gooners on here???? Be interesting to know whether they are happier now they sacked.. sorry pushed Wenger into retirement?

I have 40 players currently with only one from Arsenal - Ozil, who I bought at the SS for MB. He's won dividends already and is sure to be among the top 5. I used to hold Nketiah but I sold him to realise profits. I'll like to hold him again as he's rising, but he is not playing regularly and so far it doesn't seem that Emery will allow him to go on loan like Smith-Rowe. According to Yahoo Brasil, Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign 17 year old Brazilian forward Gabriel Martinelli and are planning a date to unveil him. Where does that leave Nketiah? I think I will be left with Ozil.

• One arsenal player Amaechi.

• Xhaka is a good value PB player - sold before the summer drop-off but will probably re-invest for the new season if the price is right

• @dannypea much happier, change was needed and was never going to be case of him going and all will be well. The position we are in though rn is great although you wouldnt back us to finish it off at this point.

• Looking from the outside... I think there was a conscientious amongst Arsenal fans this season that a lot would have taken 5th or 6th spot as they knew they had to rebuild... My thoughts are that having shown a lot of promise earlier on in the season have Arsenal fallen in to their old ways of late? No denying the last three or four Premier League performances haven't been good enough, but a couple of wins more (which is minimum what you should of had) and Arsenal would be third now and we would be talking very differently!!!

I just wonder has recent form dented your optimism? what is needed next season to strengthen the side? I think if you could offload (or give away) Ozil that would be the start of Emery getting his way!!!

• @dannypea as an arsenal fan I think sacking Wenger was definitely the right choice, and Emery has done a good job this season. Especially with our defence, we shouldn't even be in the top conversation going by our away form. We are in similar boat to man utd in that it's a process to get the right players in and out as the current squads need major overhaul while and still trying to compete. I personally would give him another full season and then see where we are, but can see it taking 4 or 5 Windows till we are able to compete in champs league and for prem title. Supporting arsenal or man Utd right now is like Football index as in patience is essential

• @dannypea ozil should be playing for a Bayern or psg someone that dominates there league and I'm sure he'd do great but I'd personally drive him anywhere and would offload for free so then he's wage won't seem so bad for he's new team and we can't use that money to get players in that emery wants

• Let it be a warning to any club considering a change of ownership.

Our problems stem back to the exit of David Dein, alongside the decision to sell the club to a yank, one who's ambitions are building ranches, not lifting trophies.

The club has all but been ruined, the longer the chairman remains, the more he dredges funds and the closer the club comes to ruin.
    We have already fallen to obscurity, masked by the likes of Wenger, Emery, Ramsey and of late two decent strikers.

What really annoys me is the lack of awareness among Gooners as to the real problem at the club - ownership.
    Piers Morgan hits the nail on the head and I share his understanding of the fundamental issues.

To be brutally frank about it....The club now employs willing mercenaries. Wenger, Ozil.....Emery.
    That stinking, festering lack of honest commitment is like a virus that spreads through the club.
    When the manager does not demand funds to compete, the players ambitions dwindle.
    When the No10 can't be bothered to track back, the youngsters' commitment dwindles.

In life we stand on the shoulders of giants.
    We follow the examples of those above us.
    Even when we do so subconsciously, these examples inspire us to success of failure.

Of late the club has defined success as follows :
    How many ranches can the yank build ?
    How many pennies can the professor save ?
    How low can we keep the wages low for our "star" player.

Every single Gooner is being exploited.
    Piers Morgan gets it.
    David Dein gets it.
    Aaron Ramsey gets it.

Boycott ?
    Well you will not hear me talking in kind terms towards Kronke, Wenger or Ozil. Not now. Not ever. Damage is done.

Past success wasn't down to one man. Far from it.
    Dein deserves more praise than Wenger as an individual.
    The English FA clearly recognized that to Arsenal's loss.

Kronke and Ozil out !
    Usmanov and Dein in.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.