Share split

• It happened.
    Does anyone wish it hadn’t?

• @Ringers Nah.

It's better for everyone I reckon.

Most of us are up and it paved the way for long term growth. Good times ahead!

• @Ringers no, only happened what a month ago, ive seen so many ups and downs already on here it’s obvious prices will increase again but even some experienced traders question things. FI have stated alot of advertisement is coming and this will allow all players to slowly increase again at a nice steady rate. Not sure what people expected but you check posts from last split, same questions, a lot of tears, a year goes by and the share prices went up. If you could say for example Sterling/Rashford or Pogba will be close to £10 in a years time with new players, new money and also existing user money the only tears you will see is the ones who left or didn’t have the patience! Clearly most holders have money in Pogba and are getting burned because currently he’s playing badly and his price keeps dropping. They need to take into account it’s a busy time of the year, a lot of fixtures and everyday it seems only one media place up for grabs. I haven’t got him but with 5 places up for grabs he will be up there most days and so them comes the investment. I originally didn’t think he would get lot of attention in summer but his poor form and his comments have allowed a lot of summer divs for people

• It hasn't gone exactly as hoped, but on balance it's been positive... No one likes change, going to take a little more time to assimilate but as said above, I'm sure a year from now itl be long forgotten and we should be sat on some very healthy profits

• Never experienced a SS before so I'm glad to go through one. It's great having these extra shares to sell and buy other players without putting extra money in.

• @Londoner will the market have time to settle before more changes throw it all up in the air again. How long between share splits last time? Along with the bonus announcement the newbies must be wondering whats hit them. I understand growth is essential and we all love a bonus. Here's a novel idea how about good old fashioned advertising through media. Yep you shell out some of the turn over on an advertising campaign with the token return of your initial investment if its not for you or something similar. Give an annual bonus to customers who have had an active account for a year ( by active meaning as Summer bonus but over a year) but don't tell anyone its happening. A bit like a Xmas bonus at work, you aren't sure your getting one or how much but you may! The percentage of the bonus can be aligned to the overall growth of the platform.

This would help new investors get to grips with the nuts and bolts of the site without the circus of SS , Bonuses announced with trumpets blazing and general headless chicken buying and selling. It will grow using these methods as they would give investors added confidence in the platform as it would appear more professional and less gimmicky, the platform would be out there for all to see due to the added advertising and the developers could spend some time ironing out glitches. Instead of having the chaos of an upcoming announcement for weeks in advance sending the speculation levels into another stratosphere and the market bouncing like tigger there would be no announcements , just calm stratesised trading. Of course with the added prize of a possible loyalty bonus if you have managed your account well over the previous year and the platform has continued to grow. Of course the more you invest the bigger the bonus possible but relying on big announcements to attract customers that affect the market prior to and post creates a market that unsettles those who have been here longer term and even more so new investors IMO. It wont effect Capitol growth in the markets as new investors be attracted by the advertising and once involved will have time to settle on how things operate with a clear understanding of the rules. They will invest their money and see rises and falls in a uniformed manner affected by injury, performance and transfers not by fear of an upcoming announcement and they may lose a chunk of money due to panic selling. Yes they may well lose money but only due the inherent risk a platform of this nature presents. It may be due to a career threatening injury as experienced by many this week. More likely it will be due to poorly researched investments.

• @Earshavewalls but a lot of traders would still be put off buying neymar, pogba etc at £24+, how does your idea tackle the problem of traders not wanting to fork out the pre ss prices for the big players?

• I can't believe anyone wouldn't of liked it. Even the recent dips from the big boys are small compared to the spikes we saw.

Most people have profited, and the room for future growth is there. What's not to like?

• @BlayneB who's to say that anyone having joined post SS hasn't invested on the higher priced players and in a year's time won't be reaping those rewards. For any investors joining in 6 months it may be they are paying 15-20 for a player but know the potential for growth is there. We have had two share splits in a year and various bonuses to increase investment. You could still have a share split at a point where maybe there is a ceiling, say £20. History suggests that this is around the point the flow of new investors slows so if X amount of the top 10 are selling at £20+ then have a share split. Would this need to be done more than once a year though,? So if you are concerned about new customers signing up they would in the knowledge a share split is by estimation going to happen once a year approx and if the platforms growth is upward you stand to get a % bonus once a year. This would encourage both experienced and new investors to hold longer creating a stable and easier to learn and understand platform with a clear bonus structure. Dividends creating daily ,weekly,monthly interest and shaping the way investments are made.

• @NewUser303261 I am sure most of the new post SS investors who chucked in a couple of hundred on the top 25 because they done what most do will be at odds with your assumption. After an initial climb many would have considered it easy money and continued to invest as the prices spiked and then have either had a month watching their holdings depreciate alarmingly. Others would have seen the spike ISd out with profit reinvested and watched their profit and more disappear. The remaining me investors may have hung around in the hope of an upturn or IS out and ran for the hills with their tails between their legs. This has helped FI growth how? Yes 2%from all those that sold up for profit or loss but not a long term growth and many potential investors unlikely to frequent this platform again. It's in all our interests to nurture new investment and quick fire sales drives are akin to an Everest windows salesman knocking on your door. If FI are serious about growth a serious amount of investment in marketing and platform upkeep will be essential.

• @Earshavewalls what you are describing is peoplect that brought at the top of a spike, which is an enivitable happening of a market that moves up.

Anyone that has seen dips can probably make profits if they don't panic sell don't keep making bad value buys, and the ones that do, would lose money because they don't know how to play the market.

• @Earshavewalls said in Share split:

@Londoner will the market have time to settle before more changes throw it all up in the air again. How long between share splits last time? Along with the bonus announcement the newbies must be wondering whats hit them. I understand growth is essential and we all love a bonus. Here's a novel idea how about good old fashioned advertising through media. Yep you shell out some of the turn over on an advertising campaign with the token return of your initial investment if its not for you or something similar. Give an annual bonus to customers who have had an active account for a year ( by active meaning as Summer bonus but over a year) but don't tell anyone its happening. A bit like a Xmas bonus at work, you aren't sure your getting one or how much but you may! The percentage of the bonus can be aligned to the overall growth of the platform.

This would help new investors get to grips with the nuts and bolts of the site without the circus of SS , Bonuses announced with trumpets blazing and general headless chicken buying and selling. It will grow using these methods as they would give investors added confidence in the platform as it would appear more professional and less gimmicky, the platform would be out there for all to see due to the added advertising and the developers could spend some time ironing out glitches. Instead of having the chaos of an upcoming announcement for weeks in advance sending the speculation levels into another stratosphere and the market bouncing like tigger there would be no announcements , just calm stratesised trading. Of course with the added prize of a possible loyalty bonus if you have managed your account well over the previous year and the platform has continued to grow. Of course the more you invest the bigger the bonus possible but relying on big announcements to attract customers that affect the market prior to and post creates a market that unsettles those who have been here longer term and even more so new investors IMO. It wont effect Capitol growth in the markets as new investors be attracted by the advertising and once involved will have time to settle on how things operate with a clear understanding of the rules. They will invest their money and see rises and falls in a uniformed manner affected by injury, performance and transfers not by fear of an upcoming announcement and they may lose a chunk of money due to panic selling. Yes they may well lose money but only due the inherent risk a platform of this nature presents. It may be due to a career threatening injury as experienced by many this week. More likely it will be due to poorly researched investments.

Are you planning a rival to FI? They need competition as that would force them to sort out their technical issues and offer a more generous dividend payment structure. You've been very persistent in your ideas, but they would have to be put to the board of FI rather than the traders here.

• @NewUser303261 That is my point ,the new users that joined in the last month may well have left due to the abnormally market behaviour and the panic created. Its fine when you have experienced it previously as we all know if your patient recovery is gonna happen. If you have just invested £500 and a couple of hours later you are up to £800 then by next morning down to £300 this would be hard for a newbie to comprehend. Most experienced investors don't have the patience to hold for a month let alone someone just starting. Hence the possibility that many would have left meaning the intention of attracting new investment and retaining it would have been only marginally successful.

This is just my opinion and ultimately it is up to the FI hierarchy to determine how they intend to grow but having short term spikes in investment driven by gimmicky promotions will create more volatility and a less attractive product for anyone joining.

FI would have benefited financially from the IS and the commission retained but I would be surprised if it has been of any long term benefit to FI or those of us now positioned for the recovery. How many of those that left are now on other platforms or forums giving FI a bad rap over their experiences and warning others off. Obviously no benefit to anyone on here.

• @Earshavewalls Obviously traders have invested in the big players post ss that was part of the ss plan ie to get more people buying into the more expensive players.
    Are you not suggesting FI should get rid of share splits? That's what it looks like from your post.
    My point was if you're getting rid of ss less traders are going to buy the likes of neymar and pogba at £20+. After reading your post I don't see an alternative solution for enticing hesitant traders into buying the more expensive players or not being put off when they see Neymar at £24?
    Basically you're saying FI should put more money into media advertisements and give out a yearly loyalty bonus to traders who are here over a year, I don't think that's an alternative solution to the problem I mentioned above?

• I think a lot of experienced traders here get a bit hung up on the top of the market with the likes of Pogba and Neymar.

I think for new players, its all the players that are under £1 that are most important, people want to think they are getting a lot of shares for their money.

• @Earshavewalls Well in terms of capital, the market is bigger, and still continuing to grow, which would suggest you are wrong.

• @NewUser303261 You have your data from where? How much is new investment and what percentage investors topping up. Growth isn't just in capitol it's in physical investors. For growth you need new money coming in , if the money invested is money already in the market being recycled it will eventually stall as investors see a ceiling being reached and withdraw.

• @Earshavewalls the growth in a short time is massive. I think it's silly you asking where im getting that data is silly when you have zero data to support your speculation. The market has seen a high amount of growth in a short time, that is fact. To suggest that the significant capital growth is 100% down to pre existing investors and nothing to do with new investors is highly unlikely and totally without evidence.

Another fact is SS had made trading more appealing to anyone on a limited budget. That coinciding with a growth boom and continued growth as we speak suggest SS has given appeal to new members.

Continuing growth right makes it seen that an exhidous of the new traders isn't likely.

We may not have all the facts relating to data and numbers, but all the ones we do have make your speculation less credible.

• Like in all markets, expect corrections and with the end of season upon us and no WC or Euro's, I would suggest people to be braced for a substantial correction. However I would suggest those trading for the medium and long term will only see the SS as a fantastic opportunity not to have been missed!!

ATB, TFF

• @NewUser303261 The lack of data makes yours more credible, have to beg to differ and see how the platform manages the growth but after the hard work getting to here it would be a shame to become complacent and miss opportunities to improve it and make it competition proof.
    I'll leave it there on this particular topic which we more than likely resurface at some point.😄

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.