Order books - last piece of the puzzle

• I'm seeing a lot of talk about how, since the SS, things are all over the place on FI and both new and existing users are confused, slightly wary and generally not too happy at the moment.

The summer buy-bonus is yet another smokescreen to distract disgruntled investors, tired of the errors that are STILL happening on a regular basis to Football Index's CORE PRODUCT (Media/Performance buzz incorrectly paid out on the wrong players time and time again!)

I, too, am tired of feeling like I work for FI in the product testing department (regularly checking for, and often finding, errors that cost me and others money).

HOWEVER...

I do believe when FI introduce the "order book" system (which was much talked about by traders and the FI team when I first joined in September), things will finally take proper shape here.

If you are new here and don't know, the order book system will be a way of buying and selling shares from/to market (other traders) in a transparent way which mirrors the Betfair exchange system.

The fact that order books haven't been mentioned for a while is good - I really really want FI to get this right. There can be NO MORE MISTAKES with these new software releases, investors are tired of the amateurish nature and it's certain to be putting people off.

But, as the thread title suggests, when order books DO eventually come in, FI will become so much more competitive between traders. It will feel more like a real "market" and it will eradicate the need for these constant bonuses that just serve to mask over the problems that need to be tackled urgently.

Basically what this post is saying is "yes, we are all a little fed up with the problems on FI and it feels worse when we lose money elsewhere which compounds our frustration (Hazard and Pogba dips in my case this week!) but STICK WITH IT PEOPLE! The share split has made top players more affordable and when the order books come in, this will become ONE HELL OF A PLATFORM. As with the best strategy on here though, we just have to be patient " 😉

• @ScouseSte hear, hear 😄😄😄

• This forum would be so much better if it had built in poll functionality... So we can all vote on a subject without having to link to an external site.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not really excited by order books. I'm not massively opposed to them objectively.... But subjectively... We've had enough change... I'm just beginning to adapt to the new shitty app, the new market mechanics etc. Let's stabilise for a bit before introducing another new tool. Or even better... Bring the user activity reel back to the android app before anything else!

• @Vespasian32 said in Order books - last piece of the puzzle:

This forum would be so much better if it had built in poll functionality... So we can all vote on a subject without having to link to an external site.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not really excited by order books. I'm not massively opposed to them objectively.... But subjectively... We've had enough change... I'm just beginning to adapt to the new shitty app, the new market mechanics etc. Let's stabilise for a bit before introducing another new tool. Or even better... Bring the user activity reel back to the android app before anything else!

That's my point really mate. Once order books are in, the FI Model is complete (in my opinion). No need for any other introductions, bonuses, gimmicks. Just let traders get on with trading.
    And as I said, they are taking their time with it (likely to be end of 2019/early 2020 according to one of the trader meets) so it's all good, no more major changes for the foreseeable 👍🏻

• @Vespasian32 I have to say I'm inclined to agree with you. The concept of order books does nothing to excite me. I'm quite happy with the buying and selling mechanics we have now and see no real need for the change.

• @Kaned-again order books is the final piece of the jigsaw and can't come soon enough. Had enough of amateurish gimmicky bonus promotions and all the money pumped in and disappearing as quickly as it came adding minimal benefits to the evolution of a potentially great platform.

• @Kaned-again said in Order books - last piece of the puzzle:

@Vespasian32 I have to say I'm inclined to agree with you. The concept of order books does nothing to excite me. I'm quite happy with the buying and selling mechanics we have now and see no real need for the change.

Just me then 😂. Well we will see, when it happens...eventually

• Apologies for ignorance but can someone explain how order books work. Haven't a clue!

• @Schmitcattaxi said in Order books - last piece of the puzzle:

Apologies for ignorance but can someone explain how order books work. Haven't a clue!

0_1556221278168_image.jpeg

• @Schmitcattaxi

The box on the right shows the prices and amounts of shares on offer to buy and sell from traders

• @Schmitcattaxi

So if you wanted to sell 35 of your Salah shares you could get £10.04 each instead instead of the standard price £9.99 (if you are quick enough)

• @ScouseSte isn't that 10.04 an offered sale of 35 salahs?

• @LuaLua said in Order books - last piece of the puzzle:

@ScouseSte isn't that 10.04 an offered sale of 35 salahs?

Possibly. This was just a mock up by FI I think.

But it serves as an example that you can see varying price options in the sell queues and make much more informed decisions