Mauro Icardi - Sudden price spike?

• He's been sat in my portfolio for about a month, dropping in value and then suddenly hes increased by 6p today. I know he has a few links here or there to Real and Juventus. I cannot see any news of upcoming transfer activity.

• @NewUser225537 Icardi swap with Lukaku according to di marzio. Dunno if there's any truth in it, he often gets them right though.

• 6p! thats not a spike
    this rumour is worth 15-25p/day
    long may it continue

• @Jimbob that would be a good move for holders of Icardi

• @Gregolocky2018 and an even better move for man utd fans!!!

• @Gregolocky2018 I was surprised to see he hasn't had a bigger rise to be honest. Just turned YouTube on earlier and a couple of utd fan channels have both put out videos on the subject this afternoon. If I remember rightly, Di marzio got his last big utd prediction wrong (who it was escapes me), but he's had a good record in the past of getting them right. I don't hold any futures in him, yet, and I'm not sure he'd be a good fit at utd, could drag on for summer media though.

• Thanks for tip off. I see there are strong rumours on twitter from reliable sources. I'm in...

• @Hotspur Just convinced myself to have a nibble too.

• “Because the dynamics after what happened this year between Inter and its former captain leave this possibility open. Now, all the clubs understand that Mauro is easier to reach than in the past as they can spend less than the €110M release clause. I believe that a transfer can be done but only through an exchange. With Napoli, it is complicated given the wage that Icardi is making. Same thing applies with Cavani but it is the other way around as Inter wouldn’t be able to afford his €12M per year in wages. As of right now, the only concrete option is to do an exchange and I would say with Manchester United for Lukaku.”

Total speculation.

That is the dimarzio guy speaking just his thoughts.

• @Tom77 all the rumours are speculation! No-one really has a clue who will move where. Only guarantee is that 99% of the rumoured moves won't ever happen.

• @kaka8 thanks for quantifying a spike for me, I wasn't sure ;)

• @Hotspur said in Mauro Icardi - Sudden price spike?:

@Tom77 all the rumours are speculation! No-one really has a clue who will move where. Only guarantee is that 99% of the rumoured moves won't ever happen.

Yeah but I think some are takening it as gospel, dimarzio is reliable when reporting transfers but he has clearly just made that up. Could easily be a pump and dump fairly quickly. I’m just checking it out.

• @NewUser225537
    now you know, tell ya friends

• @Tom77 It may all be nonsense this time around, but I'm pretty sure he was first to confirm when we signed Pogba, Fred, Sanchez and others. He's not 100% correct all of the time, (he'd lose his journalists license if he was) but he's nailed it in the past.

• good old paper talk

last week his agent - his wife - said he is in a better place now at Inter, back in the team and no issues.

I'd be wary

• @Jimbob said in Mauro Icardi - Sudden price spike?:

@Tom77 It may all be nonsense this time around, but I'm pretty sure he was first to confirm when we signed Pogba, Fred, Sanchez and others. He's not 100% correct all of the time, (he'd lose his journalists license if he was) but he's nailed it in the past.

That’s why I checked it out straight away, its his opinion putting 2+2 together he isn't reporting anything.

• @Tom77 Doubt we'll see him gracing the theatre of dreams, but a reputable journalists opinion could be worth a spot of media buzz. Not had a good summer transfer saga since, well, summer.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.