No trading

• I put a decent bit of money in yesterday and bought shares in a few new players but it got me thinking, in the 2 1/2 months since I joined, theres barely been a day where I havent bought or sold a few shares at least.

I feel like I've learned quite a bit but to try and teach myself more I'm debating whether to just sit out May and see how my portfolio develops over the month. Think it might teach me greater perspective and some restraint.

Is this something other people have ever tried?

P.S. if certain players IPO in may then forget it 😁

• Hi Mick,

I think I’m trading here bout 6/7 months now and I’ve put in double the original amount I had planned but the last of these deposits was just before SS. Since then I’ve only been using divs money or selling a few shares here and there. The biggest problem you’re gonna face is FOMO. I check the app an unhealthy amount of times a Day also. If you can manage to keep busy you’ll be able to sit back and watch your port increase

• I'm worse than 'arry. I wheel n deal pretty much all day every day.

Patience is key in some situations so I have plenty of players I haven't touched for months

But for fun/hobby I also have a rotation pool... Where I buy... Sell... Replace.. Rinse... Repeat. Generally on the cheaper players and ipd players. Working for me... Paying loads of commish but 90% of the trades are profitable so my total port value is consistently rising.

• @Vespasian32 Yeh doing the same for summer transfers. Got ten percent of my funds flying around. Some great gains so far. Then for every player who rises there's suddenly some that look comparatively cheap. Almost a full time thing tho.

• @LuaLua said in No trading:

@Vespasian32 Yeh doing the same for summer transfers. Got ten percent of my funds flying around. Some great gains so far. Then for every player who rises there's suddenly some that look comparatively cheap. Almost a full time thing tho.

Probably why we both got out of Skov at the right time... I'm doing the same. Buy a cheapie.... Watch him rise till it slows down significantly (but not declining) sell and go big on the next guy. Profits getting exponentially bigger too as I can afford to buy more shares each time. I. E bought 200 isak about a month ago... Made 25-30pps sold bought 300 Rashica... Made 20p..sold...bought 500 Dimata... Made 15p

I now have 2000 in my next guy El Ghazi.... 5pps up so far... And building a big pot of Petagna... 500 so far, topping up tonight... Currently 4p up

And so it continues, hopefully!

• I can got 4/5 months and not trade at all, i like to get set early as possible and leave it... so from jan iv been set for summer transfers, then from the summer ill be set for euro 2020... each to their own i suppose, i havent really got the time to be trading all the time and also im old school on the index so i feel like patience is key and dividends drive the market, thats getting a little lost these days but im sticking to what i know πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Bigfella said in No trading:

I can got 4/5 months and not trade at all, i like to get set early as possible and leave it... so from jan iv been set for summer transfers, then from the summer ill be set for euro 2020... each to their own i suppose, i havent really got the time to be trading all the time and also im old school on the index so i feel like patience is key and dividends drive the market, thats getting a little lost these days but im sticking to what i know πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I feel like going long periods without trading is probably a great strategy, as you avoid getting caught up in trends and panics of market dips.

If a market dip or panic happens while you're not active on FI, then does it really happen at all? (think that's an Einstein quote..)

• @Bigfella the more sensible strategy.

I'm blessed with a job that I can basically watch the market all day... And cursed with the same job that I spend lots of time on trains and living out of hotels. Perfect storm for using FI as a hobby instead of an investment.

Horses for courses and all that!

• @Vespasian32 All sounds very nice. I went skov-vanakan-diop-mateta-zaha-rodrigo. All worked well although taken a step back for now to finish uni but will be back hard in a few days. Also not overly promoting this tactic as patience is key and managing commission and breaking stories takes time and focus.

• Honestly i dont really even look at my portfolio for dips and rises... when i log on (about once a day) i check the dividends winners from the night before, if iv won any dividends i re invest them, then ill check the forum to see whats happening... then maybe last of all i might have a little look of im up or down overall from the day before but it doesnt affect how i think because i know why i have got certain players so little drops dont affect my thinking at all.

• I try not to move 2 much about but saved about 1k I’m constantly moving any profits go into buying another young up and coming player

• @Vespasian32
    Same bough a bit of El ghazi and quite a few petagna

• All got different tactics, good thing about this game is it caters for all tactics, good money to be made for all if you find the right tactic to suite you πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

• @Gregolocky2018 me too, unhealthy amount, that's part of the reason I'm thinking this

@Vespasian32 I've only recently started thinking about doing what u say. I feel like I'm getting to a stage where I can identify a handful of players that are likely to see a sharp rise. I've done it with odegaard and kang in although them 2 are definite long term holds for me but also sof diop, mollejo osimhen and suppose I cant claim much credit for skov. But I think I'm definitely going to dedicate a percentage of my portfolio to doing exactly as u said with vanaken, diop, skov el ghazi. That's just something that's dawned on me recently. Not really conducive to leaving things alone tho and I really think I'd become a better trader if I just take time out to observe, but definitely in the near future I'm gonna have a pop at the shorter term stuff πŸ‘πŸ€ž

• Sorry that was @LuaLua , what u said about isak, rashica, dimata I meant.

I'm very tempted to have a go on schiappacase and boadu

• @MickTurbo I hold quite a few Boadu, nice rise this week. Surely due a start the next few weeks

• I think so too mate, fuck it, it's not may yet!

• @MickTurbo good luck - lualua was right to be cautious in promoting this approach - FI isn't a get rich quick scheme and we are playing high risk. Id advise using a piece of your port for this rather than it being the only plan.

ive had a great few weeks tho with pretty much all my picks coming good … Been called boring and annoying for 'pumping' skov, vanaken, grujic, Brewster etc but they all making $$$

• @Vespasian32 oh aye I'll use about 10% if that. Its something else I've been thinking about. 1 or 2 players max, buy cheap, sell high, re invest, u know the drill. As I said, I've generally been right about players upto now so see where it takes me

• @Vespasian32 as far as pumping, fair play to ya cos I've just read on another thread that u bought schiappacase so fair play for u for counselling caution rather than pumping him. I've just got 150 of him and boadu anyway so here goes

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.